favourite signing and saddest sale

falwheel

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1980s - Souness arriving / Souness leaving. Was also gutted when Woods left but didn't yet know how good Goram was.

1990s - A peroxide-blonde Gazza arriving / The whole 9-in-a-Row team disbanding trophyless in 1998 - heartbreaking.

2000s - Caniggia arriving / Amoruso leaving - Also the way Negri finally slunk out the door after navel-gazing for three years and Seb Rozental finally having to call time on his Ibrox career. I still really wanted Seb to be a success. Such a likeable guy.

2010s - Let's not even go there.

*Honourable mention to Gabriel Amato whom wee Dick shoved out the door. More flair than Woodstock.

I really still wanted Seb to be a success. Such a likable guy.

Miss Chile was basically a competition to see who got to shag Rozenthal next. McGregor had fuck all on him. Could have been a great player for us if things hard worked out, same goes for Kuznetzov; his first game at Ibrox was a joy to behold.

Miss Chile was basically a competition to see who got to shag Rozenthal next. McGregor had fuck all on him. Could have been a great player for us if things hard worked out, same goes for Kuznetzov; his first game at Ibrox was a joy to behold.

Rozental, Kuznetsov and Prodan are the ones who got away, in terms of shocking injuries, definitely. (tu)

Favourite signing bar none has to be Laudrup. Just exceptional, and the saddest is of course, when he left.

The general break up of the 9IAR team was pretty sad too. Other notable mentions would be Cuellar (colossal during his short period with us although the transfer fee helped) and Klos, for a slightly different reason. Klos was an amazing goalkeeper for us and he then had that injury. Waterreus came in and was fantastic but I just felt the way his career deteriorated from then on in with us was all a bit of a shame. It wasn't really anyone's fault but just a bit disappointing how his last few years with us ended up going as he was superb in the early part of his career with us.

The guy also got 27 caps for Chile before joining us. This was when Salas and Zamarano were at the height of their powers.

Can't believe Seb is still only 37-years-young... Worth a punt in the Championship...? I jest, I jest.

Probably a few here won't appreciate the impact Souness had when he came. We hadn't won the league for 9 long years , the last 8 of which , we were out the running for the championship by Christmas , don't even think we finished second. Not only were we up against the tims , but good Aberdeen and Dundee Utd sides bossed by Sir Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean . So to turn this club around in a few short months was a tremendous achievement. So Souness to me is our best signing.

I would pick four sales as my saddest one. Albertz , VanBronkhurst , Tugay and Reyna all left at the same time , and were replaced by . . . . Nerlinger ! That was a hard summer to take.

Strane one but i remember being quite excited when kanchelskis signed.

Hearing souness signed as player/manager was quite sensational at the time.

I was distraught to see that specky bomb throwing bastard invoke a pishy £7.8m clause for cuellar.

i went for graham roberts as our best signing but thinking back souness was definitely the most exciting signing in my lifetime,was gutted when he fell out with graham roberts though

i went for graham roberts as our best signing but thinking back souness was definitely the most exciting signing in my lifetime,was gutted when he fell out with graham roberts though

I think roberts popularity amongst the support counted against him in souness' eyes.

It could be argued souness leaving was a gutter but walter smith stepped up and the 92/93 season was special.

Davie Cooper and Davie Cooper.

Good shout. I was disappointed when he left but a player of that quality deserved first team football. One of my favourite memories of Ibrox is his first game against us playing for Motherwell: 50,000 fans, home and away, united singing There's Only One Davie Cooper as he skinned Gary Stevens. Awesome.

Good shout. I was disappointed when he left but a player of that quality deserved first team football. One of my favourite memories of Ibrox is his first game against us playing for Motherwell: 50,000 fans, home and away, united singing There's Only One Davie Cooper as he skinned Gary Stevens. Awesome.

Was before my time but did we get any bids from big clubs down South or Europe for Cooper?

has to be a few for me, best signing by far was Gazza, the sheer excitement of him signing was brilliant.

was devastated when Gio, Albertz, Laudrup, Reyna, Ferguson left, but the ones that really hurt were Boyd when he was sold in the January window and I thought it would cost us the league (never tho as KM stepped up) and Jelavic sold for an absolute snip.

has to be a few for me, best signing by far was Gazza, the sheer excitement of him signing was brilliant.

was devastated when Gio, Albertz, Laudrup, Reyna, Ferguson left, but the ones that really hurt were Boyd when he was sold in the January window and I thought it would cost us the league (never tho as KM stepped up) and Jelavic sold for an absolute snip.

What?!?!?! :lol: oh my god :lol:doh

I think we say Laudrup coming in because of what he ended up being like but he'd had a troubled time in Italy before so although I thought he was a very good signing, I wasn't ecstatic the way I was when Souness became manager, I think we all suspected things were about to change for the better.

Laudrup leaving though was gutting.

I think we say Laudrup coming in because of what he ended up being like but he'd had a troubled time in Italy before so although I thought he was a very good signing, I wasn't ecstatic the way I was when Souness became manager, I think we all suspected things were about to change for the better.

Laudrup leaving though was gutting.

totally agree about laudrup when he arrived, was happy but not in the same way as the gazza signing, however, couldn't believe the player that he became for us and I think that probably owes much to Walters man-management.