favourite signing and saddest sale

falwheel

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shed a tear or two when Davie Cooper moved to Motherwell.

Despite the continued success, that marked the end of an era and a magical one too. He was my favourite player and also that of my father who had passed away three years earlier at the same shockingly young age. Watching Davie always brought back memories of my Dad. He had a habit of predicting when Davie would score with a free-kick. I still remember one such occasion again against Hibs in this match (at 8:40 onwards. )

The 87-88 Cup Final goal by Davie also made me think of my father's predictions. It made his departure more significant somehow.

That sadness was dwarfed a few short years later. Despite not being a personal loss, it still meant something as it was part of that bond with my father that brought me to this great Club.

Oh, Davie. How we miss you still.

fav was canigga (thank you dundee) my saddest was hutton leaving, he could have been the missing ingredient for the road to manchester and winning the league. :(

How?

he was a right back, and very, very poor at defending....curious to know how he would have done better than you know who at RB that season?