If we had won the Ramsdens...

corkinator

I think we could have secured funding against the CL dosh, which would have kept the wheels spinning.

It was guaranteed income, from even before that me and a most of my mates didn't want him as manager, losing a 15 point lead in 2 months secured that view and 2 years on, its still the same.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was guaranteed income, from even before that me and a most of my mates didn't want him as manager, losing a 15 point lead in 2 months secured that view and 2 years on, its still the same.

Same here.

McCoist for ALL his faults is not to blame for us going into administration, to suggest as much is fucking laughable.

your missing the point, if he wasn't so shit we may have avoided it, so IMHO he is partially to blame, of course he is.

your missing the point, if he wasn't so shit we may have avoided it, so IMHO he is partially to blame, of course he is.

Whyte is to blame. We were £70m in debt at one point and missed out on CL football a few seasons running, it didn't effect a thing.

The topic is the Raith game.

He decided he had to line up 4-5-1 against the "mighty" Raith Rovers.

He didn't change the shape or the personnel to counter the obvious failings in his team. Daly played 120 minutes carrying an injury as did Black.

For that one game alone i would have booted him out. Instead it merely heaped further embarrassment on us under this so called manager.

......do you think we, as fans, would have had a different outlook than we do today?

I kind of blame Ally McCoist for us going into Admin as if his team hadn't bottled it against euro minows to reach the UCL we would have been fine, most likely.

AGAIN, his team bottling it against Raith has caused us to question EVERYTHING and I believe prevented people buying up season tickets as we've had enough dross.

Ffs how far can you take your hatred of Ally - SDM shafted us by selling to the Charlatan Whyte - end of!

......do you think we, as fans, would have had a different outlook than we do today?

I kind of blame Ally McCoist for us going into Admin as if his team hadn't bottled it against euro minows to reach the UCL we would have been fine, most likely.

AGAIN, his team bottling it against Raith has caused us to question EVERYTHING and I believe prevented people buying up season tickets as we've had enough dross.

Being honest no, winning the Ramsdens would of been nice and not winning it is a scandal especially to lose the way we did but it would of changed nothing about how bad a footballing side we are and i cant see how it would affect the boardroom wars either.

I think it would have helped paper over the cracks a little longer but the fundamentals of a team producing a poor product on a rgular basis and oding the bare minimum to get by would remain.

If we had won it in style (and possibly not made a total bell end of ourselves by self destructing 3 times against DU) then we coudl at least show we had a team that had hte fight for the "big" games which would have reassured the support to an extent, but sadly that is not the case

How much money do you suppose we missed out on by not qualifying for the UCL?

Que? He stole the Income Tax and NI money FFS!

It wasn't as if there was money around to trouser!

He just used the ST money, gate receipts, etc to pay players & such - there wasn't enough to go round, so he ducked the Crown payments.