Supporter Clubs

We had our annual POY dance at Ibrox last night and asked for a player to come along to receive the award. Jim Hannah had been emailed 6x by our organizer but had no response I was then helped by a member on here but still got no reply from Hannah.

I know of one other supporter club who has had similar and I am curious if any of your nights have had the same response as fans put alot of time and effort into these night and would only take 5mins for a player to pop in especially at Ibrox to receive a fans award.

The reason I ask is cause I would like to write a letter not to complain but to ask why Supporter clubs are now being let down when this was something the players would normally do a few years ago.

If you watch the interview with Ally & Sandy Jardine, Sandy was saying how Jock Wallace MADE them go to the supporters club night & Ally was saying how things have changed & how the players will never be as close to the fans as they used to be. Well here's your chance Ally, MAKE them go. It's not like it would cost them anything, f**k, I'd even drive for the night to drop them off if they were that worried about paying for a taxi. I think he'd be more worried about what could happen (a certain Mr Findlay singing songs?) & how easy it is to post on social media sites.

Loyalty at Ibrox seems to work only one way these days.

Incredible that players who ordinarily would be nowhere near our squad don't attend player of the year events for supporters clubs. They don't know how privileged they are.

I would write a letter to McCoist and Wallace. Imho, it is a duty of a Ranger and not a big ask.

This is the 3rd year we have put the award into the engravers to get the name changed on it. When did your bus stop the POY dances?

long time ago, Durrant was meant to attend one while playing , i said i would pick him up and drop him off at it , he then phoned me to say he was instructed by the manager not to attend, we had just lost a game the week before and Souness told players they werent to go out that week, funny thing was after dance finished i met up with him and rest of the boys

We had Bobby Tait as after dinner speaker but at 450 I would advise against it although had good stories and was funny he fucked off with the 2 top prizes in raffle lol.

£450 is cheap tbh

I've been paying £500 for the last couple of years for speakers and that's £1k you need to make before you factor in meals etc

That referee Jeff Winter quoted £1250 plus vat

Needless to say we didn't use him

Think he has brought his prices down now right enough

What's that vat shite?

We had our annual POY dance at Ibrox last night and asked for a player to come along to receive the award. Jim Hannah had been emailed 6x by our organizer but had no response I was then helped by a member on here but still got no reply from Hannah.

I know of one other supporter club who has had similar and I am curious if any of your nights have had the same response as fans put alot of time and effort into these night and would only take 5mins for a player to pop in especially at Ibrox to receive a fans award.

The reason I ask is cause I would like to write a letter not to complain but to ask why Supporter clubs are now being let down when this was something the players would normally do a few years ago.

The problem as I see it stems from Jim Hannah not answering his emails. IMO Hannah needs his balls kicking for letting the fans and the club down. WATP

Jim Hannah's inbox must be full the amount of times people suggest emailing him on here - unsurprising he doesn't get back to everyone.

Well if you see my OP it was not only Hannah I contacted and the contact I was given managed to respond within 30mins and was not some wee receptionist so I think the least he could do would be to respond to an email.

Jim Hannah's inbox must be full the amount of times people suggest emailing him on here - unsurprising he doesn't get back to everyone.

It's his job to do just that! - or his department's job at the very least.

In an institution like Rangers not a single email from fans should EVER go unanswered.

Well if you see my OP it was not only Hannah I contacted and the contact I was given managed to respond within 30mins and was not some wee receptionist so I think the least he could do would be to respond to an email.

I wasn't having a go, just a general observation :lol:

It's his job to do just that! - or his department's job at the very least.

In an institution like Rangers not a single email from fans should EVER go unanswered.

I agree but it's his club email address which is often posted here so it's probably only him that has access to that - he also gets loads of people hounding him on facebook etc. from what I've heard.