Our next manager will probably finish top 3 in the SPL next season.

tannerall

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Derek McInnes is my first choice.

If not, I'd like Billy Davies after that documentary that was on about him.

The time and effort he puts into his job is everything a Rangers manager should have.

I think if McCoists at the helm this time next year, we won't be promoted anyway.

We will get promoted next year but the football will not be great.

Where did I complain about Ally ?

In 12 months time we will be back in the SPL. I believe by that time a combination of criticism of Ally, one or two bad results, or a conscious decision by Ally that he has done his part in our return and leaves, will mean we need a new manager.

I find your op a bit of a contradiction. Looking into the future on one hand you say we'll win the league but the manager will be sacked or walk. I don't get it, it's like looking for more problems that aren't even here yet.

In 12 months time we will be back in the SPL. I believe by that time a combination of criticism of Ally, one or two bad results, or a conscious decision by Ally that he has done his part in our return and leaves, will mean we need a new manager.

Can't see it being a foreign manager as there is no real incentive or prestige in managing a potentially underfunded club in Scotland.

Most English managers, especially good ones will be earning too much to consider the position.

So that leaves current Scottish managers, and in 12 months time one SPL manager will have achieved the success of finishing second (possibly third) to cellic in a one horse race, and imo will be touted as next Rangers manager.

So who do we think it will be ?

Not everyone has your staying power tannerall.......... ;)

Saying that, McCall had an engine second to none on the field ............... :animal:

I find your op a bit of a contradiction. Looking into the future on one hand you say we'll win the league but the manager will be sacked or walk. I don't get it, it's like looking for more problems that aren't even here yet.

I am actually fairly neutral on the Ally issue, and even lean towards Ally having done the required job for us so far, so dont complain too much.

However I can see the scenario where he completes the return to the SPL, then the possibility of this leading to a restructure which would involve new financing and the possible changes that could influence both the on and off field management.

Hence the OP.

I am actually fairly neutral on the Ally issue, and even lean towards Ally having done the required job for us so far, so dont complain too much.

However I can see the scenario where he completes the return to the SPL, then the possibility of this leading to a restructure which would involve new financing and the possible changes that could influence both the on and off field management.

Hence the OP.

I'm open minded on the Ally issue too but when he completes the return to the SPL it would be hard to see him getting sacked if the football improves and we win a cup, hypothetically speaking.

We should look at the Athletic Bilbao youth system even employ someone who can put it in place for us. Then the manager will have a proven system that produces good quality players.

Take it away from whoever is the manager