Us V them

corkinator

With all the massive games in European football and other European leagues, even since our troubles the other leagues seem to have become bigger, do you think the Rangers v them game still holds attraction to neutrals?

I honestly don't think it will do, just look at the quality in both squads and that tells it's own story, they are no where near as good as they think.

I believe this is another factor not thought out by those who wished to harm the club.

I reckon it will be looked at as no better than a mid table English championship type of game.

Even by the time we get back to the spl I think the quality will have deteriorated even further.

Oh I purposely never used old firm as I don't want us tied to them in anyway.

Quality isn't everything. People abroad still regard the OF as one of the biggest and most exciting rivalries. It's always quoted in the top few when discussed on t'internet.

The next one will most definitely hold an attraction...

atomic-bomb-o.gif

We are between a rock and a hard place, the club is trying to build but the only way to make any impact we need people (or someone) with large amounts of cash to throw away in the short term, until that day we as a club will be no better than any of the rest (scum excluded) of the SPL teams

With all the massive games in European football and other European leagues, even since our troubles the other leagues seem to have become bigger, do you think the Rangers v them game still holds attraction to neutrals?

I honestly don't think it will do, just look at the quality in both squads and that tells it's own story, they are no where near as good as they think.

I believe this is another factor not thought out by those who wished to harm the club.

I reckon it will be looked at as no better than a mid table English championship type of game.

Even by the time we get back to the spl I think the quality will have deteriorated even further.

Oh I purposely never used old firm as I don't want us tied to them in anyway.

You're spot on people will anticipate old firm games as much as they do Bournemouth vs Brighton. :rolleyes:

The next one will be something else, it'll be hyped up massively and no doubt will kick off so people will definitely be tuning in.

Can't wait for it.

Better be at Ibrox, and if I can get tickets will be my first game v them. Wouldn't miss it for the world

It's never been about the standard of football on offer as let's face it the standard is never always top notch free-flowing football and that goes for alot of derbies around the world, it's all about the occasion and the passion and fierceness of the game and the hatred between the two clubs so it will definitely still be as big as ever.

I understand, rivalry, blah, blah, but, speaking with folk in England they really don't care anymore as they see scottish football as a total farce now.

I'm actually dreading the next time we play them as they are fucking disgusting hypocrites of the highest order, their whole ethos and victim mentality, corruption, anti-britishness, etc, etc, peados, etc, makes me sick.

The bile they get away with in the is country astonishes me.

I was just seen some hi lights on sky of various up coming games, players involved, teams involved the EPL run in, our countries football really has dropped considerably in the past few years.

The op is nonsense. The games with the Queens Eleven taking on the papes pussys is the biggest derby anywhere. Of course other games are feisty the Bayern V Madrid game on now is one but nothing beats the Glasgow derby for hatred and passion and sheer drama. Sometimes the football can be quite good too!

I don't understand why folk are talking about playing it behind closed doors. If that happens, the one after that will be even longer before the fans can get close to each other.

Surely that means more of a chance of it kicking off?

They'll play the game in Sudan or some other crazy place. Done so with Egypt v Algeria.

Two years ago in the scottish Cup at Ibrox we drew 2-2

The game had everything, 2 Red cards, a penalty, a first minute screamer from Jamie Ness and a Belter from Scott Brown, it also had the whole Diouf/Brown storyline too.

it was a gripping game and contest, some brilliant football and brilliant goals, the sendings off were for a last man and a dive....

The day after the game Bill Leckie ripped it apart because it wasn't blood and thunder, that right there is the problem with this country and the so called sports writers who are supposed to promote our game