Ally stat

TheLawMan

Thirteen players have reported to Murray Park for the start of pre-season training with Charles Green's "Rangers newco".

Goalkeepers Neil Alexander and Scott Gallacher, defenders Kirk Broadfoot, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Ross Perry and Lee Wallace, midfielders Salim Kerkar, Kyle Hutton, Lee McCulloch and Andy Mitchell, as well as forwards Kane Hemmings and Kal Naismith have all shown up.

Manager Ally McCoist was not seen entering the training ground on Thursday, with reports stating his assistant Kenny McDowall would oversee a session with those who arrived.

According to a club representative, Alejandro Bedoya and Dorin Goian have been given extended leave and will start training at a later date.

Only three of those who have reported for training - Kyle Hutton, Lee McCulloch and Lee Wallace - have publicly stated they wish to have their contracts transferred to the new company.

Salim Kerkar and Andy Mitchell do not currently have contracts with either the old Rangers company or Green's newco.

STV understands the players' union were scheduled to meet with the other nine on Thursday afternoon, but that may be delayed until Monday.

No update has been provided on the whereabouts of Carlos Bocanegra, while his international team-mate Maurice Edu is in New York.

Ten players have refused to have their contracts moved from the old company to Green's newco. Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Steven Naismith, Jamie Ness, Steven Whittaker, Juan Manuel Ortiz, John Fleck, Sone Aluko, Rhys McCabe and Kyle Lafferty have all left to seek employment elsewhere.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thirteen players have reported to Murray Park for the start of pre-season training with Charles Green's "Rangers newco".

Goalkeepers Neil Alexander and Scott Gallacher, defenders Kirk Broadfoot, Darren Cole, Chris Hegarty, Ross Perry and Lee Wallace, midfielders Salim Kerkar, Kyle Hutton, Lee McCulloch and Andy Mitchell, as well as forwards Kane Hemmings and Kal Naismith have all shown up.

Manager Ally McCoist was not seen entering the training ground on Thursday, with reports stating his assistant Kenny McDowall would oversee a session with those who arrived.

According to a club representative, Alejandro Bedoya and Dorin Goian have been given extended leave and will start training at a later date.

Only three of those who have reported for training - Kyle Hutton, Lee McCulloch and Lee Wallace - have publicly stated they wish to have their contracts transferred to the new company.

Salim Kerkar and Andy Mitchell do not currently have contracts with either the old Rangers company or Green's newco.

STV understands the players' union were scheduled to meet with the other nine on Thursday afternoon, but that may be delayed until Monday.

No update has been provided on the whereabouts of Carlos Bocanegra, while his international team-mate Maurice Edu is in New York.

Ten players have refused to have their contracts moved from the old company to Green's newco. Steven Davis, Allan McGregor, Steven Naismith, Jamie Ness, Steven Whittaker, Juan Manuel Ortiz, John Fleck, Sone Aluko, Rhys McCabe and Kyle Lafferty have all left to seek employment elsewhere.

I could point out that only 6 of those 13 were first team players with more than a handful of games between them, but I'm sure you wouldn't be interested.

I could then point out that they would be up against part-time opposition but I'm sure you wouldn't be interested in that.

Actually I would agree with you.

I just find it curious that on this thread we have a comment from Ally that is easily explained, by using the article you quoted, but some people would rather just call him a liar.

Actually I would agree with you.

I just find it curious that on this thread we have a comment from Ally that is easily explained, by using the article you quoted, but some people would rather just call him a liar.

Ally does tend to stretch it a bit though to make himself look better, we nearly lost our club and he grumbles about having a squad like that to face nobodies.

Regardless of how many players turned up for training, the end result was a bigger budget than the opposition, resulting in a better squad.

If we were left with a squad like that for the SPL I would have had every sympathy with him but his whining when arguably he's had the least pressure of any recent Rangers manager does my head in.

Ally does tend to stretch it a bit though to make himself look better, we nearly lost our club and he grumbles about having a squad like that to face nobodies.

Regardless of how many players turned up for training, the end result was a bigger budget than the opposition, resulting in a better squad.

If we were left with a squad like that for the SPL I would have had every sympathy with him but his whining when arguably he's had the least pressure of any recent Rangers manager does my head in.

:lol:

Ally is our only manager in over a century not to win the Top League, Scottish Cup or League Cup for 3 straight seasons and still be manager. :(

To be fair....

We were only in the top league for one season, and we suffered an administration event during that season.

The SC and LC were above our standard in the second season.

I do feel we should have won one of them this year though.

Notice it's been all the gullible bears on here lately .The ones that don't mind our club having embarrassment after embarrassment on the field and watching completely dross football from a useless Manager .The polls lately showed on here that 80% of bears on here want him out of there .It seems a few are now changing their minds or just can't be arsed debating with people who probably would.still back Ally if we had another 3/4 years of exactly the same guff

Notice it's been all the gullible bears on here lately .The ones that don't mind our club having embarrassment after embarrassment on the field and watching completely dross football from a useless Manager .The polls lately showed on here that 80% of bears on here want him out of there .It seems a few are now changing their minds or just can't be arsed debating with people who probably would.still back Ally if we had another 3/4 years of exactly the same guff

Indeed. So what is the point of threads like this?

Can't expect us all to be as intelligent as you, to be fair.