Liverpools last chance

I think this was liverpools last chance to win the EPL for DECADES, Chelsea, City and United will all strengthen next season and they also have the experience of winning it recently.

I think this is a one season wonder by them, unfortunately.

How tge he'll did they blow it!

With the slim squad Rodgers has compared to City & Chelsea he's worked absolute wonders. I read they're looking to spend big with UCL money coming in, so I fancy him to bring some more quality players in.

Everyone keeps saying Chelsea will bring in a top clasd striker and that will be it.

Pretty bold prediction after whats happened with Torres.

The 'trophyless one' has already had two transfer windows to sign a top class striker and has failed, there's no guarantees he will solve this summer if he's still in a job. He is after all the one responsible for giving away the top class striker Lukaku to Everton and responsible for signing Eto

The 'trophyless one' has already had two transfer windows to sign a top class striker and has failed, there's no guarantees he will solve this summer if he's still in a job. He is after all the one responsible for giving away the top class striker Lukaku to Everton and responsible for signing Eto

So true, I bet they don't even try and look for someone who maybe isn't in the public eye at the moment. There are quite a few strikers available that aren't as well known as Cavani and Falcao.

Imo Falcao would be a terrible buy anyway, his non penalty goal stats are pretty terrible compared to how much he cost to buy.

They could do ALOT worse than recalling lukaku and beefing up the front line with a buy on top of that

I agree 100% with the OP. This was a chance for Liverpool to win the league due to a transitional period at Man U, New managers settling in at Chelsea and Man City and Arsenal going through 8 years without winning a trophy. All of these teams will only get stonger in the coming years, meaning it will be extremely difficult for Liverpool to win the league.

CL competition will certainly put a strain on the squad as it is but I think FSG will make sure the money is available to Rogers, plus the stadium is to be expanded next season IIRC.

The last game was the death knell on this season unless Man City lose and cannot see it at home against West Ham.

Still goes to show what a good manager can do with a small squad and still fight for the title with those who have on paper two first teams. Man Utd will take a wee while to recover yet IMO.

I know this won't make me popular, but, the Chelsea game was gutting. I thought they would have beat them and won the league, 25 years since hilsborough, Suareze on fire, Gerard reaching the end of his career, I honestly thought they had their name on the EPL trophy this year.

I know this won't make me popular, but, the Chelsea game was gutting. I thought they would have beat them and won the league, 25 years since hilsborough, Suareze on fire, Gerard reaching the end of his career, I honestly thought they had their name on the EPL trophy this year.

I thought the same. Rodgers got his tactics wrong. He should have taken the draw and concentrated on the last two games. He will learn from this mistake you would think.

The Palace game was more tactical naivety from him. Should have shut up shop and taken the win putting pressure on City.

City could mess up tomorrow to hand thd title to LFC, but that woild have to be a monumental collapse.

I did too, but after the Palace debacle I think they were destined to bottle it in one of the final three games whatever. They've been superb this season but just weren't ready.