☸ The 2014 Brazil World Cup Thread ☸

What did O'Neill say this time?

He said "Why is Van Gaal being eulogised for playing three at the back with wing-backs? I was doing it years ago. Louis is a great coach... but he didn't invent the game. It is all about ego-massage."

I paraphrase but he was right in what he said.

:lol:

He's a complete twat and didn't really do anything with his career but he's probably the most technically gifted English player in living memory. It's no wonder they're idolising him, he's a completely alien notion in English football.

Fair point. I meant to say 'average singer.'

Anyone remember the effectiveness of Didier Agathe being played as a wing-back for Selik (not sure who was on the other side - Riseth or MacNamara maybe)? O'Neill was just stating facts.

It worked for a few years... until McLeish sent Lovenkrands out to cut through the middle of the almost-stationery behemoth-back-three of Baldé, Varga and Laursen like a very hot and particularly sharp blade.

Anyone remember the effectiveness of Didier Agathe being played as a wing-back for Selik (not sure who was on the other side - Riseth or MacNamara maybe)? O'Neill was just stating facts.

It worked for a few years... until McLeish sent Lovenkrands out to cut through the middle of the almost-stationery behemoth-back-three of Baldé, Varga and Laursen like a very hot and particularly sharp blade.

McNamara and Thompson on the other side, I would have thought? I think Riseth was punted by O'Neill. Certainly left around the turn of the millennium.

But yeah, I remember that. When Agathe was played further forward against Numan, Numan always had him in his back pocket.

Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez.

"How was he killed?" asked one detective.

"With a golf gun," the other detective replied.

"A golf gun! What is a golf gun?"

"I don't know. But it sure made a hole in Juan."

Sorry, lads :thumbup:

:mad:

Why does Martin O'Neill have to unfavourable compare everybody else in football to himself and his own career and achievements? He's a fucking creep.

O'Neill honestly sickens me. I've read that the media love him because he's charming. Maybe I'm just biased but I've never seen him do an interview where he's came across as anything other than an arrogant, ignorant, snidey, overly-sarcastic, witless prick of a man.

And ffs hide those legs, children will be watching this.

O'Neill honestly sickens me. I've read that the media love him because he's charming. Maybe I'm just biased but I've never seen him do an interview where he's came across as anything other than an arrogant, ignorant, snidey, overly-sarcastic, witless prick of a man.

And ffs hide those legs, children will be watching this.

Charming?! Snide is exactly the word I'd use.