☸ The 2014 Brazil World Cup Thread ☸

choke on that Samaras :wanker:

I would have said "haha Samaras..." But Samaras has went way up in my estimations recently.

Love that video of him with the wee guy... and the Greek team invited the wee dude and his family over. That was brilliant of them too.

I think Greece have a bit of an anti-football reputation, right enough... It may be a better QF; a more open game against Costa Rica.

Two poor teams that really shouldn't be there but for a kind draw at the group stage.

Easy win for their next opponents.

:lol:

Italy

England

Uruguay

Oh aye Costa Rica got a piss easy group! Only 7 world cups between them. :lol:

Hardly fair on CR!

It's probably unfair on Greece too since it is a World Cup... But you would have seen Uruguay ran ragged last night.

They got through against an Italian side that was dead in the water and an England side who, for once, got what they deserved.

Italy

England

Uruguay

It was okay in the 1930s and 1950s and 1960s, eh?

Uruguay and England will never win another.

I will give you Italy but their current team and tactics were pish.

Italy

England

Uruguay

Scotland still hold the record for the best international team in the knock-out style ratings. Would you consider us world giants??

I think not! But at least we know our place... Arrogance isn't a Scottish trait per sé.

Rangers fans... okay, we are guilty of that, yes.

Costa Rica deserve to be there just as much as anyone else.

They out preformed every team they have played this far and that included some of the big boys in international football.

Exactly.

Can only beat what's put out infront of you and that's what Costa Rica have been doing, we as Rangers fans should know that saying more than most.

Until they are knocked out they deserve to be there along with everybody else still left in the competition.

I feel very sorry for Mexico, I feel they were the better team and deserved to go thru but they got well and truly robbed in that match. Arjen Robben is a cheating bastard and has now even come out and admitted to diving for the one in the box in the first half, he even dived for the penalty at the end the cheat. FIFA should suspend him for the rest of the tournament. They banned Suarez for 9 matches mainly because of persistent re-offending so they should do the same to Robben for his persistent diving.

Well done to Costa Rica! I hope they somehow dump the dutch out now and leg that prick Robben at the same time.

I would have said "haha Samaras..." But Samaras has went way up in my estimations recently.

Love that video of him with the wee guy... and the Greek team invited the wee dude and his family over. That was brilliant of them too.

I think Greece have a bit of an anti-football reputation, right enough... It may be a better QF; a more open game against Costa Rica.

Agreed, touch of class the way he's been with that young lad. Obviously a better person than he is footballer. Have to say I was quite gutted it wasn't him that missed the penalty. Thought it was going to be all set for him to fluff the last pen over the bar.

Ach, we've done that before as have others. Doesn't bother me too much. When Greece actually do come out and play, they play some pretty decent football too.

I'm biased, right enough. I've got a massive soft spot for the Greeks. It's a brilliant country full of smashing people. Glad they did reasonably well. Samaras is but a tiny smudge on their copybook (albeit he has also gone up in my estimation).