Positions we've always been solid on in your lifetime?

GOAT

For me and probably most the only positions I can think of are Goalkeeper, Left back and Centre back.

Goalkeeper - Woods, Goram, Klos & McGregor.

Leftback - Robertson, Numan, Papac & Wallace.

Centre back - Butcher, Gough, Amoruso, Weir & Bougherra.

We have usually had a 30 goal a season centre forward as well with McCoist, Boyd, Mols, (Negri even!!).

Sadly our current crop fail at every level apart from Wallace at LB.

I'd say since McCoist lost it, we've only really had Boyd. Negri was there for a year, and then we never had that proper finisher until Boyd arrived on the scene 7 years later. S

Forgot CB aswell, Weir, Bougie, Cuellar, Boumsong, Craig Moore ( Was he good, I can't remember but he stands out for me :lol:? I was only a young lad)

Decent his second spell, but then again Advocaat did play him in his right position.

Rod Wallace in his first season. Scored 27 goals.

But again it was only really one season, I would have included Cuellar in my list if we're talking one season wonders. I mean strong players there for a few years.

For me and probably most the only positions I can think of are Goalkeeper, Left back and Centre back.

You must have died 2 years ago if we've always had solid centre halfs in your life

Goalkeeper - Woods, Goram, Klos & McGregor. Ritchie, Sorenson, McCloy

Leftback - Robertson, Numan, Papac & Wallace. Caldow, Greig

Centre back - Butcher, Gough, Amoruso, Weir & Bougherra. McKinnon, Jackson and DJ

Showing my age ;)

i agree we even had great cover in these positions....

Goalkeepers... maxwell , thompson,ginzberg ,charbonnier ,waterus ,niemi , alexander etc...

Left backs .....Bomber, munro , bartram , bonnisiel ,smith....etc

Centre backs....Bomber(again), porrini , bjorklund,petric,pressley,celleur,wilson...etc

when souness came always had outstanding midfielders .d ferguson steven albertz tugay renya b ferguson de boer gazza van bronkhorst davis and even souness himself. the list is endless,so we need to get back to commanding the middle of the park with the likes of young McLeod. ps forgot to mention stuart mcall and ian ferguson wish we had their likes now!!!

Goalkeeper - Richie, McLoy, Woods, Goram, Klos & McGregor.

Leftback - Caldow, Robertson, Numan, Papac & Wallace. Special mention to Davie Wilson; only played LB once but played a blinder.

Centre back - McKinnon, D. Johnstone, Butcher, Gough, Amoruso, Weir & Bougherra.

Sorted

Always had some decent centre forwards:

Jim Forrest

Jimmy Millar

McCoist

Colin, Colin Colin Stein

Derek Johnstone

Hately

You must have died 2 years ago if we've always had solid centre halfs in your life

What sticks out from that is the spell where we had PLG your list would have to be Letizi, Papac, Hemdani & Svennson (what a fucking CB pairing!)...which emphasizes how wrong he got things...and also what we get as CBs under McCoist...started off promising with Boca & Goian but since, even relative to the level we play at, just not good enough.

Also, for all people can pick faults with Walter's style, just reading that list above just shows the value to a team if you can have a solid reliable back 4 that more or less picks itself. It's a vital base to building your team.

goalkeepers by far the most solid., since i started following Rangers.

i would add Norrie Martin a reliable No. 2 to Billy Ritchie.

George Niven.

Stewart Kennedy who was sensational until he conceded 5 against England at Wembley.

Right Back.

Shearer.

G. Stevens.

Jardine.

A. Hutton