Murray now has a real chance to go on and dominate the game, something that I don't think any of us could ever have imagined even remotely possible. Djokovic will come back there is no doubt but Murray's confidence and belief are at an all time high. 

I genuinely believe by the time he retires he will be one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. He has a helluva lot still to do to get there but I think the next few years in particular will take him to another level.

Happy for Andy. No 1 still.

Happy that the real Djo did not turn up.  I don't think the way he is playing, he would have got by big Milos. 

What has happened to Djo? Not much..........he just isn't Superhuman anymore.  Still think he should donate some of that hair to Nadal!

Andy has had to work his balls off for 3 Slams!   A No 1 has a great chance now of adding to that with seedings etc.  If he stays fit and injury free he may now start getting the icing on the cake to the extra slams. Be great to get up towards the Becker level with 6 I think. 

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Murray now has a real chance to go on and dominate the game, something that I don't think any of us could ever have imagined even remotely possible. Djokovic will come back there is no doubt but Murray's confidence and belief are at an all time high. 

I genuinely believe by the time he retires he will be one of the greatest sportsmen of all time. He has a helluva lot still to do to get there but I think the next few years in particular will take him to another level.

He's got a good chance to do so. Federer and Nadal are finished, relatively speaking, and Djokovic is unlikely to continue his dominance. The potential danger is one of the others taking the step up, or someone new coming through. 

51 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Lendl and Delgado and his team have been immense.

It's been a huge contribution to Murrays game. He seems so much more aggressive under Lendl. Was very happy when they re-joined. 

Brilliant achievement from Andy..and Jamie. What a year. 

4 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Without a doubt one of the greatest sportsmen these islands have ever produced,in fact I am trying to think of a better one

Mcilroy maybe?

He's definitely up there though, and given our poor recent history in tennis he seems more special than any golfer we've produced.

8 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Mcilroy maybe?

He's definitely up there though, and given our poor recent history in tennis he seems more special than any golfer we've produced.

Yeah maybe only McIlroy mate,but I think because of the sheer physicality of the sport along with the mentality needed Murray is the best

1 hour ago, bluedylan said:

Without a doubt one of the greatest sportsmen these islands have ever produced,in fact I am trying to think of a better one

Completely agree - he is built like a monster ( because of a massive training commitment) and has that sheer bloody mindedness to see him through matches.  Love how he chases everything, it's like his opponents are hitting the ball against a brick wall! Arise Sir Andrew ??

I'd love to see Murray go on and dominate the sport winning another 3-4 slams now, but a word of warning, Murray does turn 30 next year, and even the best of all-time haven't won much after turning 30.

Slams won after turning 30, from players that have 3+ slams in the Open Era:

Wawrinka 2 slams, Agassi 2, Connors 1, Federer 1, Newcombe 1, Sampras, 1, Borg 0,  Edberg, 0 Becker 0, Lendl 0, McEnroe 0, Wilander, 0, Courier 0, Vilas 0, Kodes 0, Ashe 0, Kuerten, 0.

So history isn't on Andy's side when it comes to winning more slams, therefore next year is pretty crucial for him in terms of his own legacy, if he doesn't win the Aussie or French next year, then history suggests he probably won't win them at all.

If you want some good news however, Laver won all 4 (the Calendar Slam) at the age of 30, and Ken Rosewall won 4 slams after turning 33! Those two are very much anomalies though.