9 hours ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Plus he's literally defending nothing until the French Open, great chance to widen the gap! Provided he remains consistent he should remain at Number 1 for the calendar year!

Massive chance for him to win the Australian Open, he handled the pressure well at Wimbledon when Isner put Novak out, hopefully he'll manage it just as well in this tournament too.

It was Sam querry that beat him at Wimbledon, but you are spot on though with your assessment in my eyes. 

12 hours ago, left winger said:

I'd fancy Nishikori to beat Fed before he gets to Murray. The break he's had will catch up with him as the tournament goes on.

Respect that mate but Fed is way better than this .I wouldn't be surprised if he won it from this position .With him ,his natural fitness will help him 

Want Nadal ,Then Murray but I think Fed this year 

9 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

It's quite funny how Djokovic has basically fell apart ever since Tennis was put under the microscope for drug use ... 

I'm still glad ma wee babe Kerber is still fighting strong :thumbup:

Whatever you say about Novak .The guy is a class act and must be one of the best losers out there .You can not help but like the man 

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Whatever you say about Novak .The guy is a class act and must be one of the best losers out there .You can not help but like the man 

Completely disagree, I've seen him on numerous occasion pull a sicky and get the trainer on when he's under pressure in big matches for no reason other than disrupting his opponents flow. Admittedly after matches he always seems sporting but during them he's a dirty bastard. I really, really can't go Djokovic at all!

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

Dan evans in 3. That must be sweet after Tomics dad basically said Evans wasnt a good enough hitting partner for his son...

The aussies must be fuming.

His sponsors will be kicking themselved too. Good on Evans, he is playing some cracking tennis and showing that Cilic was not a fluke.

1 hour ago, Cobham said:

Completely disagree, I've seen him on numerous occasion pull a sicky and get the trainer on when he's under pressure in big matches for no reason other than disrupting his opponents flow. Admittedly after matches he always seems sporting but during them he's a dirty bastard. I really, really can't go Djokovic at all!

Jesus fuck .Every player does that including Murray ,Nadal  . That has nothing to do with being a bad loser . It's part of the psychology in a one on one match up .

And Novak is no 1 in the world at it .At his peak .

He would still be my first choice to me eliminated though . Because he is so brilliant .

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

eurosport doing ma nut in with the ott reaction to to how good Fed is playing. Berdych has had a massive part to play in making Fed look good..

before the match it was he looks to be slowing

now has he ever played the backhand better.

They've been doing this since about 2010. As soon as he had plainly, observably dropped down a level, it became obligatory to claim he has never played better whenever he plays well. Ridiculous.

He'll hit four aces in a game against some Slovenian teenager and Andrew Castle will be like THIS IS THE BEST HE HAS EVER PLAYED NO I DIDNT WATCH HIM IN 2006 SHUT UP I HAVE A PRODUCT TO SELL.

On the whole "is Djokovic genuinely a good sportsman thing?", it seems like a weird debate. Every great sportsman hates losing, they are all basically sociopaths, they all struggle not to be a sore loser. The ones, like Djokovic, who at least pretend to be happy for their opponent, who applaud their shots etc, that shows he at least cares about looking like a normal, likeable person. Despite all the success, money, fame, he actually cares whether people like him (mostly because they don't). I've never understood why people think this is a BAD thing. 

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

On the whole "is Djokovic genuinely a good sportsman thing?", it seems like a weird debate. Every great sportsman hates losing, they are all basically sociopaths, they all struggle not to be a sore loser. The ones, like Djokovic, who at least pretend to be happy for their opponent, who applaud their shots etc, that shows he at least cares about looking like a normal, likeable person. Despite all the success, money, fame, he actually cares whether people like him (mostly because they don't). I've never understood why people think this is a BAD thing. 

If your a normal likeable person, why go out your way to try to make people think your a normal likeable person? Its shifty. And needy.

18 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

If your a normal likeable person, why go out your way to try to make people think your a normal likeable person? Its shifty. And needy.

I didn't say he's a normal, likeable person, I said it seems that he would like to be, which is admirable when his natural impulse is probably to be an entitled brat.