On 20/01/2017 at 1:31 AM, eejay the dj said:

Respect that mate but Fed is way better than this .I wouldn't be surprised if he won it from this position .With him ,his natural fitness will help him 

Want Nadal ,Then Murray but I think Fed this year 

Jesus I'm good ? 

At the age of 35, returning from injury, Federer beat 4 top ten players, four slam finalists, with 17 slams between them, winning 3 five-setters in the process, culminating in a 5 setter against probably the second best player of all-time, who has been his absolute worst nightmare for over a decade, and who was a break up against him in the final set.

On reflection, one of the most impressive titles ever?

19 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

This was a freak tournament, like cilic's US win a couple of years back. Murray and Djokovic to dominate the rest of the year. Fed and Nadal have not challenged for ages, I don't see it continuing.

Since 2014, Federer has made the same number of slam finals as Murray, and won the same number too.

8 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Since 2014, Federer has made the same number of slam finals as Murray, and won the same number too.

I was talking about the everyday tournaments as well, they have hardly challenged. Take the point on slams but not the rest.

4 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

I was talking about the everyday tournaments as well, they have hardly challenged. Take the point on slams but not the rest.

He has won 12 titles in the same period, to Murray's 16, despite being injured for almost all of last season. He has also beaten Murray five times in a row over the same period. It's hardly a huge gulf.

1 hour ago, JamieD said:

He has won 12 titles in the same period, to Murray's 16, despite being injured for almost all of last season. He has also beaten Murray five times in a row over the same period. It's hardly a huge gulf.

OK mate I will bow to your superior knowledge of tennis, on general success. 

Still think this tournament has been a bit of a freak. 

6 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

OK mate I will bow to your superior knowledge of tennis, on general success. 

Still think this tournament has been a bit of a freak. 

Wikipedia is a hell of a tool. No need for the snidey digs, "Oh right I didn't realise" would do just fine.

16 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Wikipedia is a hell of a tool. No need for the snidey digs, "Oh right I didn't realise" would do just fine.

It wasnt intended to be a sly dig, I don't do those I would have called you an arse.

So once again accept my statement with the sincerity that was intended. 

Btw I hate using wiki so nae chance of me doing any investigating on line, just working on memory.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

It wasnt intended to be a sly dig, I don't do those I woukd have called you an arse.

So once again accept my statement with the sincerity that was intended. 

Btw I hate using wiki so nae chance of me doing any investigating on line, just working on memory.

:lol: My apologies then.