• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, siamthedanger said:

Murray withdraws from the mens singles at the Olympics but will keep playing doubles. Wonder if this is where his career is heading now...

He has been replaced in the draw by an Auustralian.  I can understand that this will happen in a grand slam event, but surely as he was there as part of the British team he should be replaced by someone British.

This is why I think things like tennis, football and golf have no place at the Olympics.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Impossible.

It was a late withdrawal so how can he be replaced by someone miles away?

You can't have each nation bringing numerous replacements. This guy was the next in line alternative.

I don't disagree with you at all.  

However, athletes are there representing the best in their country, it shouldn't be about world rankings.

That is why, to get back to my point, that I think tennis is one of the sports that should not be at the Olympics.

I think Murray would have pushed through it if he was already through a round or two. He's going for the record for most medals in tennis since it returned to the Olympics so can understand why he's chosen to focus on doubles.

I hope he can shake these niggling injuries as I think he can get back to top 20/10.

His replacement beat that Canadian guy as well.

52 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

In another era Murray would have far more Slams

Most definitely he would. It is to his credit he has achieved so much in this golden era. I watched that resurfacing documentary about him yesterday. Incredibly intense what he has gone through to try to reach those heights again.

On 25/07/2021 at 21:19, BookWorm said:

Most definitely he would. It is to his credit he has achieved so much in this golden era. I watched that resurfacing documentary about him yesterday. Incredibly intense what he has gone through to try to reach those heights again.

He’s the greatest British tennis player ever and will probably stay at that for a long, long time but for all the talent he has, he’s under-achieved. He fucked about with coaches far too much and whenever he had a big loss he always said he’d work even harder the next time. Now, I believe he did, but maybe he should have worked smarter, rather than harder. He’s got 17 slams less than Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. No way do those three players have 17 slams worth of talent more than Murray.

At the end of his career he will have the same number of slams as Stan Wawrinka  (whose were at there separate slams). For all Murray’s talent, that’s a travesty.

11 hours ago, left winger said:

God enough for the prick - haha!

download.jpeg-6.jpg

Class A prick 

Novak Djokovic threw one racquet and smashed another as his bid for an Olympic singles medal ended in defeat by Spain's Pablo Carreno Busta.

The Serb, whose gold bid was ended by Alexander Zverev on Friday, lost 6-4 6-7 (6-8) 6-3 in the bronze-medal match.

Djokovic, who can still win bronze in the mixed doubles, succumbed on the sixth match point as world number 11 Carreno Busta fell to the court in joy. :thumbup:

On 31/07/2021 at 12:48, Rangers_no1 said:

All the haters been in hiding whilst the GOAT was winning non stop.

Pop up out of the blue when he loses, just like scum fans.

r660636_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=375&h=211

I have never hidden the fact that he is an odious cunt.

Federer and Nadal joint GOAT as they win and lose with grace unlike Novak the CUNT 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Yet you like Lewis Hamilton a true greeting faced cunt. 

Hamilton is the only British Black Working class kid in a rich boy sport and he is spanking the lot of them!

Never forgave Novack's antics against Murray in that Australian open final.....CUNT

5 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Hamilton is the only British Black Working class kid in a rich boy sport and he is spanking the lot of them!

Never forgave Novack's antics against Murray in that Australian open final.....CUNT

Hamilton is a grade A cunt same as Novak

• 3 weeks later...