1 hour ago, left winger said:

Andy Murray beaten again last night - this time by a replacement who only had two hours notice of the match.

I wonder why he keeps playing on? The way things are looking, even getting to the second week of a Slam next year would be a major achievement for him. And what’s the point of that?

Because he still enjoys competitive tennis?

Nobody questions footballers like Iniesta when they move onto Japan and play at a level far below their best. Or when top EPL players move onto bottom half teams when they enter their twilight years 

What's the difference here?

50 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Because he still enjoys competitive tennis?

Nobody questions footballers like Iniesta when they move onto Japan and play at a level far below their best. Or when top EPL players move onto bottom half teams when they enter their twilight years 

What's the difference here?

Enjoyment is obviously a good point, and that may be it.

However, the comparison with football doesn’t really work. If you play football you don’t get papped out the competition at the first or second round each week. You’re still involved in the league until the last day. Murray is now regularly/usually ‘going home’ before the tournament has truly got going. That’s the difference.

24 minutes ago, left winger said:

Enjoyment is obviously a good point, and that may be it.

However, the comparison with football doesn’t really work. If you play football you don’t get papped out the competition at the first or second round each week. You’re still involved in the league until the last day. Murray is now regularly/usually ‘going home’ before the tournament has truly got going. That’s the difference.

I mean I'm not sure finishing 17th in the EPL whilst getting pumped week in week out is much better? 

At least Murray has the chance to turn things round as every new tournament is a fresh start to go far. Things could click at any moment and he could challenge further in tournaments (I'm fairly sure this will happen). Whereas a former world class footballer plying his trade for a shite team is basically doomed for a season of pumping and never have a chance of competing for anything. And like I said, he would never be questioned in the same way Murray has been.

5 hours ago, left winger said:

Andy Murray beaten again last night - this time by a replacement who only had two hours notice of the match.

I wonder why he keeps playing on? The way things are looking, even getting to the second week of a Slam next year would be a major achievement for him. And what’s the point of that?

I think he just loves the game so much mate. 

5 hours ago, left winger said:

Would like to see him play more doubles. Could see him doing well. 

• 1 month later...

Are special rules or loopholes being found for Novak?

He is getting to play in Australia despite sketchy info on vaccine status ( just tell us, cunt) while it was made clear that the unvaccinated would not be allowed to play.

If he has a medical exemption, fine. What has he got to hide?

4 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

He is getting to play in Australia despite sketchy info on vaccine status ( just tell us, cunt) while it was made clear that the unvaccinated would not be allowed to play.

What they meant was, unless you are well known and it might affect sponsors for the tournament.

3 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

PEDs.

1 hour ago, left winger said:

Saw he beat Nadal and thought - brilliant, he’s on his way back, but then saw it’s an exhibition tournament. Was it played like a serious match?

Never watched it but it was Nadal's first match in 4 months.

Shapovalov beat Nadal today and Rublev beat Murray.

On 18/12/2021 at 19:43, left winger said:

Saw he beat Nadal and thought - brilliant, he’s on his way back, but then saw it’s an exhibition tournament. Was it played like a serious match?

Heard there was some good rallies and Nadal was complimentary about Murray being at a high level again.

• 2 weeks later...