2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I agree, but surely you can agree them letting two others into the country for the same ME and rescinding it shows its all political and not about science or spreading the virus. If it was 'rules are rules' the two others would have been stopped on arrival.

Djokovic won't win the appeal, is not innocent either, but the government have been a disgrace.

It starts 11pm our time so we will see.

1 hour ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Yes why should rich sportstars be different to us? 

The caveat being is that there is a bona fide medical reason for not being able to get jabbed. Novax, from what is reported, does not have one.

He's not different to us though, he has the choice to get vaccinated or not, the same as we do

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

He's not different to us though, he has the choice to get vaccinated or not, the same as we do

Yes he does and Australia can choose to tell him to fuck off as well. If they are not happy with the evidence he gave then they can deport him.

There are then four possible outcomes.

Djokovic wins the case and is allowed to stay and play at the Australian Open.

He could also not win the case but with no immediate decision from the hearing could be given special permission to stay and play while a decision is made.

He could also not lose the case but also not be given permission to stay and he subsequently leaves the country.

He could lose the case and be deported from Australia immediately.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There are then four possible outcomes.

Djokovic wins the case and is allowed to stay and play at the Australian Open.

He could also not win the case but with no immediate decision from the hearing could be given special permission to stay and play while a decision is made.

He could also not lose the case but also not be given permission to stay and he subsequently leaves the country.

He could lose the case and be deported from Australia immediately.

Will be somewhere in the middle, no chance he plays tho 

40 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would never have expected 2022 to kick off with Kyrgios defending Djokovic against his home country or to see this..

Why's Novak in a tank similar to one stick insects were when I was on a School trip.

Judge Kelly makes a strong statement in favour of Djokovic.

"A relatively significant fact, particularly in the context of cancellation of a visa once a person has arrived, that here, a professor and an eminently qualified physician have produced and provided to the applicant a medical exemption," he said.

"The point I'm agitated about is: What more could this man have done?" says the judge.

Nadal becomes the first man to win a title in 19 consecutive seasons. We’ve been utterly spoiled with this generation of tennis. 

Not only what Nadal, Djokovic, and Federer have accomplished - but the fact they’ve been able to stack these numbers in each other’s presence is ludicrous.

Djokovic's treatment has been pretty terrible, and clearly 'served' as a political distraction. It seems it's resulted in the utterly needless harassment and humiliation of the player.

Regardless on opinions on Djokovic (personally I feel he has crackpot views), I can't see how anyone can think fair enough over his treatment.

Not a good look for Australia.