7 hours ago, Badger said:

Djokovic's treatment has been pretty terrible, and clearly 'served' as a political distraction. It seems it's resulted in the utterly needless harassment and humiliation of the player.

Regardless on opinions on Djokovic (personally I feel he has crackpot views), I can't see how anyone can think fair enough over his treatment.

Not a good look for Australia.

Claims he tested positive but then knowingly, I assume,   attended a presentation later where he was filmed unmasked amongst a group. Seems to me he expects to be treated differently from everyone else and spits the dummy when he is expected to follow the rules which everyone else has to follow.

1 minute ago, docspiderman said:

Claims he tested positive but then knowingly, I assume,   attended a presentation later where he was filmed unmasked amongst a group. Seems to me he expects to be treated differently from everyone else and spits the dummy when he is expected to follow the rules which everyone else has to follow.

He followed the law to get into Australia, why is that asking to be treated different?

Great player but never trusted him when his game all of a sudden dropped off. Just at the same point as Sharapova got the drug ban. Out for a good while, looked gaunt etc then returned after out for a long injury??
No way he could have been getting himself clean surely.?

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Great player but never trusted him when his game all of a sudden dropped off. Just at the same point as Sharapova got the drug ban. Out for a good while, looked gaunt etc then returned after out for a long injury??

I think the rumour back then was he had been caught cheating on his wife. If I remember correctly, she stopped attending tournaments during his drop in form.

4 minutes ago, don logan said:

I think the rumour back then was he had been caught cheating on his wife. If I remember correctly, she stopped attending tournaments during his drop in form.

She’s mental as well, his Mrs. She’s been sharing all sorts of tinfoil hat stuff about 5G.

2 hours ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Sharapova got banned June 2016, failed her test Jan 16.

July - Won Rogers cup

August/Sept - Made US open final

Oct - SF Shanghai Masters

Nov - Made ATP tour final

Where was he out for a long period? Where was the drop off?

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

She’s mental as well, his Mrs. She’s been sharing all sorts of tinfoil hat stuff about 5G.

Serbians, in general, are fairly mental. He's always well supported by ex-pats at the Aussie Open. Expect sparks to fly if he's given a rough ride by the non Serbs in the Melbourne crowd.

4 hours ago, Gallant Pioneers said:

The Australian government should test him to see if he has antibodies for Covid which assuming he had Covid in December he should have. If he has antibodies then let him stay if not kick him out and ban him from Australia for 3 years 

So they should force a test on him? Sounds a bit facist.

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sharapova got banned June 2016, failed her test Jan 16.

July - Won Rogers cup

August/Sept - Made US open final

Oct - SF Shanghai Masters

Nov - Made ATP tour final

Where was he out for a long period? Where was the drop off?

From then it was 2r, Qf,Qf, Absent, 4r, Qf, in the slams.

ATP final DNQ.

ATP Masters absent 5 out of 9. The other 4 were no wins.

Also never won a slam from the French 2016 until Wimbledon 2018. Seems a drop off to me.

Djokovic a well known anti vaxxer has refused for months to confirm his vaccination status yet has according to some reports has a letter from the Australian government granting him an entry visa to play tennis. This has nothing to do with money, of course.

Meanwhile Australians have to prove vaccination status to be allowed back into THEIR COUNTRY and many have been denied entry dependent on where they departed from.

Australian government and bureaucrats have fucked up on this big time and it will not be forgotten come election time.

Meanwhile I hope tennis fans boycott every one of his games if he is allowed to play.

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

So they should force a test on him? Sounds a bit facist.

Not forcing a test on him give him the choice test or go home. If he genuinely had Covid then I don't see a problem taking a test as tennis players are already subject to random drug testing. And for what it's worth I think Australian authorities way of  dealing with restrictions is Draconian to say the least and they have certainly fucked this up