10 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Cameron Norrie going well at the moment. 

Surprised @falkirkNS hasn't spammed this thread talking about how good a stock Norrie is from, after he had a Pimms and some strawberries with Norrie's dad on a train down to London sharing stories about Rangers and King Billy.

What is Cameron Norries story.....I always thought he was Scottish, I see he was born in South Africa, I had something in my head about Dumfries, is one of his parents from Dumfries or a grandparent so to speak or am I just imagining all this:lol:

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

His Dad is a Rangers fan.

I just found myself liking the guy when he played today....no hissy fits, no constant shouting of "come on" & no fucking arguing with himself when he plays a bad point, actually he was a breath of fresh air, obviously he doesn't have the ability of AM back in the day but the draw looks relatively favourable for him to perhaps reach the semis....Good luck to the lad:tu:

Sinner defeated Isner in straight sets. This puts Murray's performance into perspective. Sinner broke Isner twice. Andy failed in only his 3rd ever slam match to get a break of serve. The other two were against Nadal and Federer.

2 hours ago, don logan said:

Sinner defeated Isner in straight sets. This puts Murray's performance into perspective. Sinner broke Isner twice. Andy failed in only his 3rd ever slam match to get a break of serve. The other two were against Nadal and Federer.

That's a pretty lazy comparison. 

Sinner is a better server than Murray and by Isner's own admission that was one of his best performances against Murray. 

Yes his injuries are obviously an issue, but Isner just played very very well and Murray struggled, especially in the first set with his first serve.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

That's a pretty lazy comparison. 

Sinner is a better server than Murray and by Isner's own admission that was one of his best performances against Murray. 

Yes his injuries are obviously an issue, but Isner just played very very well and Murray struggled, especially in the first set with his first serve.

Murray record against Isner before that defeat was 8-0 wins. I've seen him put Isner away with ease previously. Isner was taken to 5 sets in his first game by some no mark who broke him as well. Isner wasn't amazing. Murray was ordinary.