Steam Summer Sale

Mor3los_1

It's that time again people. Just pre-ordered Dead Rising 3 for £30 aswell as buying GameDev Tycoon and Democracy 3 for quite cheap. Gutted that i bought Fallout Las Vegas last month as the Ultimate edition is going for £8 or £9. Hoping to grab the Dragonborn Skyrim DLC, sitting at £9 right now but hoping it comes down further. Right now Far Cry 3 is going for £3.74 and Witcher 2 enhanced edition at £2.99

Steam sale is shit thesedays. It's only really good for catching old titles that you might have missed in a previous sale..(probably another reason i find it shit is because i own most of the bargains already)

For newer releases... Greenman Gaming, Gamefly, Amazon and in particular CDKeys all shit on the steam sale from a great height. They have better sales virtually every other week of the year. Watch Dogs is already under £20 on CDKeys, you won't get it for anywhere near that during the Steam summer sale.

Why did you pre-order Dead Rising 3...? You got bumped paying £30 for it!

Steam sale is shit thesedays. It's only really good for catching old titles that you might have missed in a previous sale..(probably another reason i find it shit is because i own most of the bargains already)

For newer releases... Greenman Gaming, Gamefly, Amazon and in particular CDKeys all shit on the steam sale from a great height. They have better sales virtually every other week of the year. Watch Dogs is already under £20 on CDKeys, you won't get it for anywhere near that during the Steam summer sale.

Why did you pre-order Dead Rising 3...? You got bumped paying £30 for it!

The fact Watch Dogs is under £20 on CDKeys is insane. I might get a refund :P

Civilization V

Fallout 3 (NA)

Surgeon Simulator

Sleeping Dogs

Dead Rising 3

Democracy 3

Game Dev Tycoon

Went a bit silly this year, lol.

I racked up about 600 hours on Civ V - after a disastrous initial release the subsequent patches and expansions have turned it into a great game.

Some essential mods to get: 'Quick Turns' and 'Faster Aircraft Animations'.

I racked up about 600 hours on Civ V - after a disastrous initial release the subsequent patches and expansions have turned it into a great game.

Some essential mods to get: 'Quick Turns' and 'Faster Aircraft Animations'.

Still don't think they have advanced Civ past Alpha Centuari.

I've played every civ game since Civ 2 and that one is still by far the best, even better than V (although I will conceed V is way better than IV)

If you missed any of the deals then they are all back on today, just picked up the Civilization V DLC at £11.49 (including the base game cause i'm a fucking idiot for buying it on its own)

Unlucky mate, it's an easy mistake to make with the all expansions & DLC that are floating about.

In relation to your other Civ post - I started with Civ III and loved it, then got IV and loved it even more! The current incarnation is the game I'd prefer to play today, but don't think I like it as much as I liked IV during its 'peak' years.

Randomly bought SMAC a few years ago to see what they hype is but can't see passed the dated graphics - I'm sure if I played it when it was released they wouldn't bother me, but it's too much of a struggle at this point!

Looking forward to see what they do with Civilization: Beyond Earth

http://www.civilizat...n-beyond-earth/

Unlucky mate, it's an easy mistake to make with the all expansions & DLC that are floating about.

In relation to your other Civ post - I started with Civ III and loved it, then got IV and loved it even more! The current incarnation is the game I'd prefer to play today, but don't think I like it as much as I liked IV during its 'peak' years.

Randomly bought SMAC a few years ago to see what they hype is but can't see passed the dated graphics - I'm sure if I played it when it was released they wouldn't bother me, but it's too much of a struggle at this point!

Looking forward to see what they do with Civilization: Beyond Earth

http://www.civilizat...n-beyond-earth/

I am enjoying it. Had a few test plays first to get used to everything. Started my first proper playthrough and i ended up far behind as Italy and Japan declared war on me which fucked me badly as everybidy else stole the land near me. Restarted it and doing well, managed to take a city state, got another i want and then will launch an assault on the Celtics so i can bring Edinburgh, Dublin and Cardiff into England for a proper United Kingdom :D

I am enjoying it. Had a few test plays first to get used to everything. Started my first proper playthrough and i ended up far behind as Italy and Japan declared war on me which fucked me badly as everybidy else stole the land near me. Restarted it and doing well, managed to take a city state, got another i want and then will launch an assault on the Celtics so i can bring Edinburgh, Dublin and Cardiff into England for a proper United Kingdom :D

Haha nice one mate.

A word of advice though, unless they are in a particularly good bit of land, city states are better to keep alive as trading partners for the bonuses they provide. Plus every other country will start to hate you if you take a few of them, and end up ganging up on you which makes it tough.

Keep on ploughing through mate it's good fun!

Haha nice one mate.

A word of advice though, unless they are in a particularly good bit of land, city states are better to keep alive as trading partners for the bonuses they provide. Plus every other country will start to hate you if you take a few of them, and end up ganging up on you which makes it tough.

Keep on ploughing through mate it's good fun!

Playing on the continents map and i've encountered a problem. I loaded up to play against 6 countries but theres 2 i cannot find, is there a smaller continent i'm missing, i can't seem to travel anywhere further though, lol.

Edit: Found it, took me forever to struggle through the cloudy waters and i finally encountered the other continent. Just managed to win all Celtic areas and just defeated Spain. Looks like i'll need to fight Genghis Khan for the finale as he's been a busy man aswell.