So Willie Haughey owns C*ltic Park....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bigger concern is that Coop Bank have security over it for huge loans, but it was only bought for £1,000.

Nonetheless, why use an intermediary such as Haughey? Was it part of an agreement for Desmond's purchased shares in order to give Haughey something in return? Did he consent to the security being handed over? Surely, he must have.

The press should be asking these questions.

I think the bigger concern is that Coop Bank have security over it for huge loans, but it was only bought for £1,000.

Nonetheless, why use an intermediary such as Haughey? Was it part of an agreement for Desmond's purchased shares in order to give Haughey something in return? Did he consent to the security being handed over? Surely, he must have.

And if you were a shareholder wouldnt you want to know why its never been mentioned qand also why is it depreciating in the accounts...

The question is how the fuck did he get it for £1000 ? CG bought our stadium and assets for 5.5m and the taigs cried corruption but their stadium is bought for £1000 and not a word is uttered.

i'd bet up until pzj started tweeting about this about a week ago nobody knew

Even the mhanks on his timeline were saying he was talking shite

That's what I like about pzj he tweets something without proof gets the mhanks frothing at the mouth then week later posts the evidence .

I'm sure the Scottish media will sitting having a meeting right now " right what will we do about this deeds story ?"

'I know get bomber on steps of ibrox to ask for them again.. That'll deflect from our beloved team '

The mhedia aren't interested in asking awkward questions about Celtic Such is the state that our country is in these days.

If Celtic don't own that land then they can't use it as security against their debts. The owner of the land could, of course, act as guarantor for a debt (or debts) owed by Celtic and use the land as security for that guarantee. It's easy to find out if the land has been used as security - all that anyone needs to do is request a quick copy of the Charge Certificate for title GLA150218 from Registers of Scotland.

The Land Certificate won't show any securities granted over the land after 9th October, 2000 - the last it was last updated to.

i'd bet up until pzj started tweeting about this about a week ago nobody knew

Even the mhanks on his timeline were saying he was talking shite

That's what I like about pzj he tweets something without proof gets the mhanks frothing at the mouth then week later posts the evidence .

I'm sure the Scottish media will sitting having a meeting right now " right what will we do about this deeds story ?"

'I know get bomber on steps of ibrox to ask for them again.. That'll deflect from our beloved team '

I certainly never knew until i asked John about it a few days ago and then read FTH this morning, the mhanks that reply to his tweets don't have a clue it's the only reply they have "yoor pyoor fulla shite mhan" it's always deny and deflect with them, the mhedia will be doing fuck all ignoring the breaking news as per usual, i seriously hope shit hits the fan big time for the bheasts in the East and they get punished every way possible, titles striped,made to pay back every land deal in full,demotion,European ban etc it will knock the smug bastards down a peg or 2.

It was after the Feudal tenure Act received Royal Assent (June 9th 2000) but before the legislation came into force (28th Nov 2004)

And a totally fucked-up piece of legislation it is, too. I'm not defending feudal tenure, just observing that the Act is a complete and utter mess. Mind you, it's a Holyrood Act so it was almost guaranteed to be a dug's breakfast.

It was after the Feudal tenure Act received Royal Assent (June 9th 2000) but before the legislation came into force (28th Nov 2004)

That's where I got to. I know enough to be dangerous but it seems like this might be a non story because of that Act, but hopefully not!

That's where I got to. I know enough to be dangerous but it seems like this might be a non story because of that Act, but hopefully not!

Don't worry about it - the Act has no meaningful effect. The bottom line is this: If Willie Haughey's name is the only one on the Land Certificate then he is the heritable proprietor of the land.

cumnockber - "The question is how the fuck did he get it for £1000?"

It might be that the document posted a couple of weeks back by PJZ regarding what that land actually consists of gives the answer to this? I think the term used as "made land". To the layman like myself this makes it look like they needed the state land to use as security as the original security as in the stadium has no realistic value at all in comparison to the amount that they had gained through mortgages.

Now I may be wrong, but wasn't the original guarantor on these mortgages a certain Mr Desmond? My understanding was that he then lifted this guarantee after the land deals were getting done and that land was then signed over to the Co-op bank as a replacement.