*** RM Sponsors' Fund - NEW SEASON - JOIN NOW! ***

govanblue

If you wouldn't mind adding me to the pledge list gb i'll donate on payday monday - can't be using the weekend's :beer1:money now can I!

As this will be the 1st time in donating my mathematical ability tells me I've neglected to donate in the two years previously, so expect this to be rectified come payday. :541:

Done mate

Cheers Mr B. (tu) - I was getting worried about you :lol:

If you wouldn't mind adding me to the pledge list gb i'll donate on payday monday - can't be using the weekend's :beer1:money now can I!

As this will be the 1st time in donating my mathematical ability tells me I've neglected to donate in the two years previously, so expect this to be rectified come payday. :541:

That's you added Al. Cheers mate (tu)

Don't feel obliged to backdate the donation - just donate what you can afford.

(If on the other hand, you're loaded, then the Sponsors' Fund was established in 1872 (tu) )

Rest assured, you will have plenty of opportunities to contribute throughout the season :thumbup:

BTW folks, FYI, the next major campaign will probably be in November, for Erskine's Christmas Dinner - we've started a tradition now after all. (tu)

Cheers SIMA (tu)

Orange Puma Tops (mostly size XXXL) will be available on the first day of the season. You will find them in various bins near Ibrox. Help yourself. (tu)

My size - and at that size you take any colour or make you can get!

Oh and can we sponsor Kris Boyd - get in quick GB

Aye cheers mate. A poll on which player to sponsor is just what I need right now. Don't you remember how much grief the last ones caused us? :p20:

I personally feel that neither Nicky Law nor Seb Faure let us down last season, and that loyalty matters. (tu)

Also, it's not easy for us to get in quick, cos If I ask to reserve Boyd, we then need to have a members' poll on it, which takes ages. And if we then decided that we didn't want Boyd after all, then we would have messed the club around, and maybe prevented them from getting another sponsor?

But it's up to our 56 new members to decide. So let's hear from you...

So far we have two votes for Boyd (bluepeter9 and Travelrug) and one vote for maintaining Law and Faure (govanblue)

So let's hear from you, Fund Members - Do you want to stick with last season's sponsored players, or try for Boyd? (or do you want another option?)

Aye cheers mate. A poll on which player to sponsor is just what I need right now. Don't you remember how much grief the last ones caused us? :p20:

I personally feel that neither Nicky Law nor Seb Faure let us down last season, and that loyalty matters. (tu)

Also, it's not easy for us to get in quick, cos If I ask to reserve Boyd, we then need to have a members' poll on it, which takes ages. And if we then decided that we didn't want Boyd after all, then we would have messed the club around, and maybe prevented them from getting another sponsor?

So far we have two votes for Boyd (bluepeter9 and Travelrug) and one vote for maintaining Law and Faure (govanblue)

So let's hear from you, Fund Members - Do you want to stick with last season's sponsored players, or try for Boyd? (or do you want another option?)

I do have a soft spot for ones that aren't as popular as others - a way of letting them feel they're not left out .

I know , a big softie at heart !

Having said that , I'm happy with anyone - I'll go with the majority.

EDIT - might be worth making this a new topic if we want a quick result.

I do have a soft spot for ones that aren't as popular as others - a way of letting them feel they're not left out .

I have been very disappointed in Law, but loyalty is a big thing so ?

But like the idea of showing support to a fringe player that might get overlooked - so i'm with GMCF that we should go for someone who needs a boost. Not sure who mind.

Oh Ffs Boyd vote removed - Law and Faure it is for me - I would Never go against GB!! Esoecially on grounds of loyalty - oh and my post it was meant as am light hearted comment - calm doon dear!

Lets have a poll GB as the forums are too happy and we need something to fight about. :craphead:

FBastards!

Fair enough, I'll get one knocked up over the weekend.

I'm thinking it'll have to be a straight two way choice between

A - Status Quo

B - New Order

Then if the vote is for New Order, I'll contact Rangers and find out what our options would be.

Remember that it's definitely not as simple as 'we get who we want', for many reasons, eg: there are other (bigger) sponsors who have a longer relationship with the club, (like sfm financial) who may also have their eyes on a player, and would rightly be ahead of us in any "queue"

I have been very disappointed in Law, but loyalty is a big thing so ?

But like the idea of showing support to a fringe player that might get overlooked - so i'm with GMCF that we should go for someone who needs a boost. Not sure who mind.

We can each have our own opinion of what we want out of our sponsees. I personally don't mind if they're not shining on the park, as long as they're not making me cringe off it! Both players have been a credit to the club (Faure in particular) and to the traditions of conduct we used to expect from our players. (Does Seb even have a twitter account?)

FBastards!

Fair enough, I'll get one knocked up over the weekend.

I'm thinking it'll have to be a straight two way choice between

A - Status Quo

B - New Order

Then if the vote is for New Order, I'll contact Rangers and find out what our options would be.

Remember that it's definitely not as simple as 'we get who we want', for many reasons, eg: there are other (bigger) sponsors who have a longer relationship with the club, (like sfm financial) who may also have their eyes on a player, and would rightly be ahead of us in any "queue"

so maybe we should go for what those at the front of the queue don't want.

so maybe we should go for what those at the front of the queue don't want.

Nobody knows who those players are though, because all last season's sponsors are probably in the same boat, not yet decided, not yet paid their money, maybe waiting to see who we sign, etc.