Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Do we need to strengthen anywhere though a lot of people comment about having enough youngsters who can make the grade :D

See that's the thing many either get confused by or use to detract from the idea of using youngsters.....young players should supplement the squad as back up and those who progress should be given a chance but you still need a strong 16/18 and my point is do we really need 6 strikers when we lack options out wide and creativity in the middle of the park?

Say what you like about Kris but he's a Rangers man and a very talented goalscorer. It's a luxury to have someone like that who still loves us enough to want to come back.

Hopefully anyway.

Mmm not so sure your argument holds up when you look at the circumstances of how and why he left in the first place!

Mmm not so sure your argument holds up when you look at the circumstances of how and why he left in the first place!

He left in the same manner as Kenny Miller did. He wasn't getting a new contract and the club needed the money. We nee to read between the lines here and look at what was happening then, what we didn't know then and what we know now.

The absolute ONLY thing i hold against KB his his comment on Strachan being the best manager he'd known. Whether that was taken out of context i'll never know.

Not sure what people are going on about saying this makes us top heavy with strikers, with Boyd I only make it 5 recognized strikers, Boyd, Miller, Daly, Clark and Gallagher, I suppose you could make that 6 with Shiels, I can see there being more rotation within the squad, we also have better cover should there be injuries/suspensions.

As for next season, I don't expect the club to take up the option for another year with Daly and remember Miller is only on a year long contract with the possibility of an extension depending on fitness etc.

As to the financing of the deal, McCoist was given a budget which he has to work within so the money side of it is already covered.

Yes but how often do we play 2 strikers?

The sad thing is that we had a chance to build a young squad, but that has now gone. We are dads army with players with no sell on fee, and will come back to bite us as we try to move forward.

Much as I would like to see this myself, I think the days of clubs like ourselves building a young squad have long gone. As soon as any youngster shows some promise nowadays, his agent will be touting him off to clubs in England. Even more so, if we can only offer them 2nd or 1st division football at the time. Ness, McCabe, Wilson, etc all prove this point.

Also, from what I've seen we have maybe have four good prospects at most who would warrant a reasonable run in the first team. Hardly, the Busby babes waiting in the wings.

Dunno if the Daily Mail article has been edited but it say Boyd wants us to improve the offer we made last week.

Maybe Rangers are using a bit of sense at last and allowing Aberdeen to set his wages (surely at a low'ish level) and then coming in at last moment to offer slightly more than this.

Alternatively, and probably more realistically, it will be Boyd's agent who is promoting the 'interest' from Aberdeen to try and get us to pay over the odds in wages.

What scenario applies is largely down to how desperate we are to sign him.

Maybe Rangers are using a bit of sense at last and allowing Aberdeen to set his wages (surely at a low'ish level) and then coming in at last moment to offer slightly more than this.

Alternatively, and probably more realistically, it will be Boyd's agent who is promoting the 'interest' from Aberdeen to try and get us to pay over the odds in wages.

What scenario applies is largely down to how desperate we are to sign him.

Dunno if its Boyds agent, McInnes has been fairly vocal and was on SSN earlier saying he felt I've Rangers are involved the sheep would miss out.

I'd like to think we ate actually being a bit smarter, I mean our signings so far(length of contracts) has been pretty sensible.