Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

When we are signing Bosman's why all the crap about sell on value? It is just a red herring. You bring in Bosmans to do a short term job and don't look to sell on value. Where we are playing does not lend itself to bringing in players who will have a potential huge sell on value and they are likely not going to be available on Bosmans anyway, and unfortunately Bosmans are about all we can afford at the the present time. We need the academy to bring us 2-3 players to the squad every season, Aird, McLeod last year this year Gallagher and Hardie. I seriously doubt that Daly will play much this season with Boyd and Miller in the side. I am concerned about Millers hamstrings though, they were an issue when he was with us last time and he had recurring issues with them when he was here in Vancouver. Boyd will be a much better signing that Miller. Once Nerlinger is in place I hope he is scouring the UK and rest of Europe for the best Bosmans available for the start of next season as well. With the current squad we will need a right back and centre back added to bring a challenge in the Premiership, other than that the squad will be able to compete, now whether the management team is up to bringing them on is debatable.

If we had Boyd and Miller in the team last season we would have imo beat DU in the semi final and probably went on to lift the cup.

Would be a good move in the short term to bring in Boyd, I don't think the club in its current circumstances could realistically bring in a more prolific goal scorer... and if it keeps Daly out the team then it cant be a bad thing. (tu)

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward, frustrating as it is that's where we're at. Maybe some time soon the club will be in a better financial position to properly plan for the long term and bring in some quality younger players for our return to top flight .

If we had Boyd and Miller in the team last season we would have imo beat DU in the semi final and probably went on to lift the cup.

Would be a good move in the short term to bring in Boyd, I don't think the club in its current circumstances could realistically bring in a more prolific goal scorer... and if it keeps Daly out the team then it cant be a bad thing. (tu)

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward, frustrating as it is that's where we're at. Maybe some time soon the club will be in a better financial position to properly plan for the long term and bring in some quality younger players for our return to top flight .

Good sensible post.

Couldn't agree more.

They have been talking since yesterday I never understand why these negotiations take so long.. Offer him a deal you think he's worth.. If he doesn't accept it move on ffs what else can they be talking ffs

These are contracts worth a lot of money. I don't think a day is a long time at all tbh.

They could be ironing out the finer details. I don't think it's really as simple as " we will give you 5k per week" and boyd just saying "great"

These are contracts worth a lot of money. I don't think a day is a long time at all tbh.

They could be ironing out the finer details. I don't think it's really as simple as " we will give you 5k per week" and boyd just saying "great"

your prob right mate. Prob going thru the lunch menus as we speak.

Kris Boyd rejoins Rangers after last-ditch bid snatches striker from Aberdeen

Sportsmail understands Boyd has agreed terms with Rangers and will spearhead their attack, as they bid to continue their fast-track return to the top tier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2665933/Kris-Boyd-rejoins-Rangers-ditch-bid-snatches-striker-Aberdeen.html#ixzz35TFZIsB8

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Faceb

Latest from the sheep

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes admits the club may not be able to tempt striker Kris Boyd to stay in the Scottish Premiership.

McInnes had been hopeful of luring the Kilmarnock favourite to Pittiodrie this summer, and has already held talks with the 30-year-old.

But the Dons boss fears Boyd may opt to drop down to the Championship to play for Rangers, should the Ibrox club come in with an offer.

Boyd scored 22 goals for Killie last season, and McInnes expects to hear an answer from the player’s representatives in the next 24 hours.

“I was aware of Rangers' interest last week, and if Rangers make Kris Boyd an offer, I think financially it would beat our offer,” McInnes told Sky Sports News.

“But I’ll have an update probably today or tomorrow on that, and if it’s not Kris Boyd we move on.

“We did declare an interest in him. We spoke to him and if Kris Boyd says he wants to come to Aberdeen we’ll do our best to do a deal.

“But we can’t be standing about waiting for that to happen. We’ve still got other options to look at as well."

Sportsmail understands Boyd has agreed terms with Rangers and will spearhead their attack, as they bid to continue their fast-track return to the top tier.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz35TFZIsB8

Yaaaas!!

Welcome back Big Man

Kris Boyd is making a dramatic return to Ibrox after Rangers made a last-minute move to persuade the striker to sign for them rather than Aberdeen.

The 30-year-old Scotland international, a free agent after running down his Kilmarnock contract at the end of a season that brought him 22 goals, has held talks with several English Championship sides as well as top-flight clubs north of the border.

Aberdeen looked to be in pole position after manager Derek McInnes confirmed a deal had been put to Boyd and said he was confident it would be accepted.

1403530410450_Image_galleryImage_EDINBURGH_SCOTLAND_AUGUST.JPG

Fans' favourite: Former striker Kris Boyd (right) is set to make a popular return to Rangers

1403530319869_Image_galleryImage_Kilmarnock_s_Kris_Boyd_ri.JPG

Predator: Boyd (right) scored 22 goals for Kilmarnock in the SPL last season

But Sportsmail understands Boyd has agreed terms with Rangers and will spearhead their attack, as they bid to continue their fast-track return to the top tier.

It will be a popular move with Rangers fans, after Boyd racked up over 100 goals in a four-year stint at Ibrox that ended in 2010.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz35TGUN4In

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Kris Boyd is making a dramatic return to Ibrox after Rangers made a last-minute move to persuade the striker to sign for them rather than Aberdeen.

The 30-year-old Scotland international, a free agent after running down his Kilmarnock contract at the end of a season that brought him 22 goals, has held talks with several English Championship sides as well as top-flight clubs north of the border.

Aberdeen looked to be in pole position after manager Derek McInnes confirmed a deal had been put to Boyd and said he was confident it would be accepted.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz35TGcWgr1

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz35TFZIsB8

lol you just beat me to it :)

If they even think of offering Boyd 10k a week it will be an absolute disgrace! Why pay him 5x what he's on at killie? At most we should be offering 5k and if that's not acceptable let him try and get a better deal elsewhere!

Spot on and I think this is possibly why it is takign a couple of days to finalise.

I would hope we are lookign to pay him at or around his current wage with Killie and then have an enhanced package for next season when (and I say that rather than if) we return to the top flight, with a possible 3rd year at an even further enhanced rate based on Euro qualification, etc.

That is they type of deal anyone joinign us shoudl be comign in on - it incentivises the player and means we will not be spending beyond our means next season