Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Delighted hes back, Even though he blocked me on facebook when he claimed '' moving a big step up in his career going to middlesborogh '' After me naming my boy after him too haha............ Anyway great signing, but all for nuthing if we dont get a player who can give him the ball....

Fatten up templeton and he ll be a world beater

Delighted hes back, Even though he blocked me on facebook when he claimed '' moving a big step up in his career going to middlesborogh '' After me naming my boy after him too haha............ Anyway great signing, but all for nuthing if we dont get a player who can give him the ball....

Fatten up templeton and he ll be a world beater

IF he said that then that's a disgraceful statement!

Not sure what people are going on about saying this makes us top heavy with strikers, with Boyd I only make it 5 recognized strikers, Boyd, Miller, Daly, Clark and Gallagher, I suppose you could make that 6 with Shiels, I can see there being more rotation within the squad, we also have better cover should there be injuries/suspensions.

As for next season, I don't expect the club to take up the option for another year with Daly and remember Miller is only on a year long contract with the possibility of an extension depending on fitness etc.

As to the financing of the deal, McCoist was given a budget which he has to work within so the money side of it is already covered.

Not sure what people are going on about saying this makes us top heavy with strikers, with Boyd I only make it 5 recognized strikers, Boyd, Miller, Daly, Clark and Gallagher, I suppose you could make that 6 with Shiels, I can see there being more rotation within the squad, we also have better cover should there be injuries/suspensions.

As for next season, I don't expect the club to take up the option for another year with Daly and remember Miller is only on a year long contract with the possibility of an extension depending on fitness etc.

As to the financing of the deal, McCoist was given a budget which he has to work within so the money side of it is already covered.

Yes but is this signing at the expense of a player in a position that we need strengthening?

How much money did Ally have to waste to persuade him to give up European football? How will Boyd even fit into Ally's hoof the ball to the lone striker tactics as whenever we used Boyd as a lone striker it never worked as he was to immobile (lazy) to do the running a lone striker needs to do.

Moan, whinge, complain, greet.

Picking money over a club I have no problem with, but indicating he would sign a new deal before walking out on us makes him no better than the likes of Naismith Whittaker et al...however if he has signed and does well fair dos but I wont be celebrating any of his goals!

:Crawford:

Picking money over a club I have no problem with, but indicating he would sign a new deal before walking out on us makes him no better than the likes of Naismith Whittaker et al...however if he has signed and does well fair dos but I wont be celebrating any of his goals!

That's the spirit doh