Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Tremendous signing? Amazing? Mmm not sure re the mentality/intelligence of some fans but non the less he will score goals and on a one year deal it is low risk....welcome back kris!

Way to suck the joy out a thread. GG

Considering some of the players signed the last few seasons, and what can all but be counted on from this one. Was it really necessary to go there?

I'm happy to see some bears excited and happier about the coming season mate.

Short term contract on wages within the structure. I can live with this and be happier that those in the stands will get better payback

Miller / Clark

Boyd / Clark

Boyd / Miller

Gallagher fringes

Daly - let go (tu)

Agreed. Definately wouldn't send Clark out on loan. If Coisty does go for Boyd/Miller up front then we need another goal scorer if one of them gets injured. That isn't Daly.

Some of the negativity in this thread is a joke, I'll say it again, you find two strikers on free transfers as good as Boyd and Miller then get back to me. This idea of youngsters being the answer was clearly proven wrong in the third division when we slumped to some of the worst results in our history. As Rangers fans the expectation is high going into every game and nothing less than a win is good enough. Would you really rather we stuck with youth with the chance they MIGHT come good enough to get out the championship in a few years time? Na not for me.

Way to suck the joy out a thread. GG

Considering some of the players signed the last few seasons, and what can all but be counted on from this one. Was it really necessary to go there?

I'm happy to see some bears excited and happier about the coming season mate.

Short term contract on wages within the structure. I can live with this and be happier that those in the stands will get better payback

As I've said before if we could have moved on daly I would have been delighted to sign Boyd on a short term deal but the reality is we have 4 very well paid strikers now, two of which (daly/sheils) won't play much and that's a waste of money we can ill afford to lose whilst there are areas of the team needing improvement added the fact players like Gallagher will be further minimised.

All that said he will score goals and on a one year deal it's low risk, it's just not the "amazing" signing some are making it out to be.

Some of the negativity in this thread is a joke, I'll say it again, you find two strikers on free transfers as good as Boyd and Miller then get back to me. This idea of youngsters being the answer was clearly proven wrong in the third division when we slumped to some of the worst results in our history. As Rangers fans the expectation is high going into every game and nothing less than a win is good enough. Would you really rather we stuck with youth with the chance they MIGHT come good enough to get out the championship in a few years time? Na not for me.

fuckin yawn more re writing history, it wasn't the youngster fault we preformed so poorly in our first season in the lower leagues, the likes of MacLeod, McKay and Aird where our only shining lights that season it was the likes of Dean Shields, Ian Black, Cribari, Sandaza etc... that where so poor and made us so poor.

Have to agree Personally I would rather we get up first time than sign some youngster who might or might not be sold for big money in 3 years time.

Our signings this summer have been decent given the lack of money.

To put things in context Boyd scored 25 goals in the SPL last season and the entire Hearts squad scored 45 between the lot of them.

Welcome back Kris.Looking forward to seeing you grab a few goals but don't understand why only a 1year deal.

It might be to do with wages/promotion. If he's on a decent wage then it's likely we could only sustain that for 1 year. If (when) we are promoted we will have a higher income and could offer him a longer contract.