Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

What's indefensible? Signing a proven goal scorer ? Ffs! How sad the Alky haters are that some of them can't even recognise a good signing. If we signed Messi some of the folks on here would find fault in it!

I doubt he'd be that good if he was pished all the time.

After 73 pages, I'm sure every comment, good or bad, that could be made, has been but I'll add mine anyway.

Happy that he's signed as he will definitely get us goals, it will also force Ally to change our style of play to suit Boyds attributes.

Sad that he's signed as I think it will stifle both Clark & Gallachers opportunities in the coming season & both deserve better.

Slightly off topic here but seeing as your in such a mood to defend McCoist do you think you could finally get round to posting a response to this...

"You want arguments? Ok.

In the league:

In season 1 he blew a 15 point lead in the space of two months, dropping points against the likes of Hibs, Kilmarnock, St Mirren(x2), Aberdeen and celtic. We started well but that was with a team who had won the double the previous season, as soon as he put his stamp on the team we started regressing massively. Administration and off field issues covered up what was a poor campaign.

Season 2. He dropped points against Annan(x2), Peterhead(x2), Berwick, Stirling Albion(3!), Elgin and Montrose(x2) That is absolutely disgraceful with the squad he had at his disposal. This is without blooding youngsters.

Season 3. He went undefeated playing atrocious football. So what? Look at the opposition.

In the cups:

Season 1

Fucked out the Champions League by Malmo

Fucked out the Europa League by Maribor

Humiliated in the League cup by Falkirk

Embarrassed by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Season 2

Humiliated by QOTS in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup

Humiliated by Inverness in the League Cup

Season 3

Humiliated by Raith in the Ramsdens

Humiliated by Forfar in the League Cup

Fucked out by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup. AGAIN.

Signings

Success, failure or neither(imo)

Ortiz F

Wallace S

Goian N

Bartley F(played out of position)

Bedoya F

Bocanegra S

McKay F

Aluko S

Celik F

He deemed Weiss not good enough but signed Celik, Bedoya, McKay and Ortiz in the same position.

Black F

Shiels F

Sandaza F

Cribari F

Kyle F

Faure F

Argyriou F

Tempelton F

Stella F

Not one good signing that summer

Bell N

Law F

Daly F

Clark N

Peralta F

Smith N

Foster F

Mohsni F

Simonsen F

Brand of football:

Turgid, unattractive, hard to watch, route one, pathetic.

Developing youngsters:

In his three years he's only regularly played Aird and Macleod. Aird is average at best and he's ruining Macleod by playing him out of position.

Overall:

He's made the same mistakes time and again and has shown no signs of improving. He's a dud.

Now after reading that can you give me some reasons why he should stay?"

I think you've avoided it long enough.

You've posted this from an already established negative opinion rather than trying to be neutral. There are so many holes in it that it would be pointless debating as it is clear you would never move your position.

In my opinion I think we're going to have a great season, I also believe that our squad is as strong as its been for three seasons. Don't understand why anyone that supports Rangers can't feel good about our recent signings.

All this merde about playing youngsters and galactico style football whilst plying our trade in Scottish footballs lower leagues is the stuff of fantasy, our only goal was, is to get back through the leagues as quickly as possible.

In our first season in the bottom league we had over 100+ yellow cards and 20+ red cards awarded to opposition teams when playing against Rangers, does anyone really think that its going to be any different this season in the Scottish 1st division FFS, or a team of youngsters playing silky football would be able to cope with that level of physical punishment throughout an entire season!

If KB and KM provide the catalyst that gets us back to the top tier then so be it, just ask yourself this one question, would any of the other teams in our league and the SPFL outwith the dhims have signed them both, I think we all know the answer!

There's a mountain of shite spewed out about our club on a daily basis from people whose only life ambition is to see the death of our club and the continued humiliation of our manager, why any true supporter of our club would give these chunts continued oxygen beats the FCUK out of me.

Our turnover last year was circa 16 million, as a club we need at least 45/50 million to survive and thrive, were not going to get it playing lower league football and the sooner we get back to the top league the better.

Welcome back Boydy, gone smash in the goals and get Ibrox rocking!

Brilliant post Kai .

You've posted this from an already established negative opinion rather than trying to be neutral. There are so many holes in it that it would be pointless debating as it is clear you would never move your position.

I'm well aware of holes in the statement and have happily debated them with other posters. I simply reposted it, quoting the person I did, because the person who originally posted it had also directed it towards him and he has been ducking and dodging giving a proper answer ever since.

I don't recall having much interaction, if any, with you on here so for you to read one post and somehow reach a conclusion that it's pointless debating with me as I'd never change my position is a ridiculous statement to make.

I'm well aware of holes in the statement and have happily debated them with other posters. I simply reposted it, quoting the person I did, because the person who originally posted it had also directed it towards him and he has been ducking and dodging giving a proper answer ever since.

I don't recall having much interaction, if any, with you on here so for you to read one post and somehow reach a conclusion that it's pointless debating with me as I'd never change my position is a ridiculous statement to make.

I have addressed those questions numerous times - but you are so negative about McCoist you will never change your position. Ffs you can't even enjoy the fact we have signed a proven goal scorer your bitterness is so deep.

I have addressed those questions numerous times - but you are so negative about McCoist you will never change your position. Ffs you can't even enjoy the fact we have signed a proven goal scorer your bitterness is so deep.

1. No you haven't, you made some excuses about not being able to post long replies on your phone and then never entered that thread again.

2. I'm not negative about McCoist, I'm realistic and would happily change my views on him if I had good reason to. As yet I don't.

3. I'm glad Boyd has signed, he'll score plenty for us and help us win the title. My only problems with the signing are the lack of vision, the reluctance to look outside a group of players who've either played with us previously or free agents from the top tier. It's a total short term mentality as proven by the fact that we're only giving out 1 year deals.

4. As for bitterness? I'm not bitter, not in the slightest and tbh you've pretty much made an arse of yourself in this thread with your blatant overuse of that word. Throwing it at everyone who dares to disagree with your views.

A lot of posters in the first few pages of this thread owe McCoist an apology. :000000082:

Nah. Ally hates Boyd more than he loves Rangers.

They fell out don't you know? Ally chased him from Rangers (total lie).

Ally doesn't rate him!

3 myths made up by internet muppets who stop at nothing to discredit our manager.

Shameful behaviour.

Nah. Ally hates Boyd more than he loves Rangers.

They fell out don't you know? Ally chased him from Rangers (total lie).

Ally doesn't rate him!

3 myths made up by internet muppets who stop at nothing to discredit our manager.

Shameful behaviour.

We all know who they are, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

They won't be, of course, but they should be.

I want to know who these younger players are

1. that going to do the job,

2. Available on Bosmans

3. Going to come to Scotland/Rangers

4. Have a fantastic resale value (especially since we got them on Bosman's)

5. Have all of the above

I want to know who these younger players are

1. that going to do the job,

2. Available on Bosmans

3. Going to come to Scotland/Rangers

4. Have a fantastic resale value (especially since we got them on Bosman's)

5. Have all of the above

They probably don't exist, younger players with potential are well scouted and well rewarded, we badly need a scouting system, the people who are bleating about it as though it's a crime not to have one are right, the fact that what we have come through would have killed the biggest majority of clubs is to blame for that and not any Rangers personnel.