Craig Gordon using Murray Park.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the issue is he's signed for Celtic and that's it? Fuck sake Ally, why didn't you peer into your crystal ball?!!!

Why spend resource on getting him fit, if we aren't planning on signing him, knowing when he is fit he'll likely sign for a Scottish club?

Some football fans are really just fannies with no idea.

It costs nothing to let this guy use our facilities and share any knowledge with our players and especially our youngsters. Hasn't cost us a bean and if he had been anything like our quality we would have had him. It is more a sad story that they guy is just not good enough and we should feel sympathy for him. Good on Rangers for giving him a chance and no harm done. He's not going to get many games for Shellish I really don't think.

stop being utterly ridiculous, like it or not the tims at the moment are in a far stronger position than us and probably will be for a while yet, if you think they'll take someone we deemed no good enough you're deluding yourself.

I've no doubts at all Ally wanted him, we wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet for him if we didn't but Ally also probably knew we couldn't afford him right now, he probably wanted to wait for a while and offer him terms near the start if the season if he still had any budget for wages - that mob came in and thats that, to say he's past it is pish, I probably wouldn't trust his fitness but they'd never give him a 2 year contract if they weren't convinced he was still more than capable.

Gordon at half the level he was before injury would still be far superior to what we've got

Why spend resource on getting him fit, if we aren't planning on signing him, knowing when he is fit he'll likely sign for a Scottish club?

Maybe we were planning on signing him but decided against it, for whatever reason. Celtic have decided to take a punt on him.

Big feckin deal.

Maybe we were planning on signing him but decided against it, for whatever reason. Celtic have decided to take a punt on him.

Big feckin deal.

Just another 'small' deal, that added to the huge list of fuck ups that equates to a big deal.

stop being utterly ridiculous, like it or not the tims at the moment are in a far stronger position than us....

Gordon at half the level he was before injury would still be far superior to what we've got

Guy has not played a proper game in over 2 years. Get serious yourself.

Any player we look at is entitled to play and train with us so we can look at them. There would be not much expense to us. I am certain we would have decided he just wasn't worth it. Same as the club/clubs which have let him go from down south (they'll all be ridiculous too yeh?). Celtic do have more cash to waste so they can waste it any way they want but to go looking for an affront in everything like this is ridiculous tim-like behaviour. Rangers have acted perfectly decently in this instance. Helped the guy out, looked him over, let him go. Of course we would have considered the cost of it too but you know what, we don't have the money and it isn't a big deal.

Bottom line is Rangers resources should only ever be used by current or ex-Rangers.

The support pay for the training facilities and staff costs and I don't think many would feel that players with no connection to the club should get to benefit from that investment.

The physios should be available to Rangers fans if they have spare time in our employment.

I hope Gordon is soon in a position to compare our physio with theirs.

Just another 'small' deal, that added to the huge list of fuck ups that equates to a big deal.

I think the biggest problem that got us into trouble was signing players we didn't need and not only that but giving them big contracts,

You'd be moaning if we signed him and never played him ffs

I want to go on record to say IMO, Gordon is a much better keeper than Cammy Bell. But as we already have Bell on a 3 year deal, how can we justify signing Gordon?

With a number 1 already in place, you either want an experienced back up, at the end of his career, or a young up and coming goalie.

The fact that he signed for the tims is irrelevant.

I think the biggest problem that got us into trouble was signing players we didn't need and not only that but giving them big contracts,

I already said I'm glad we didn't sign him.

I questioned why we spent resource getting him fit.

I already said I'm glad we didn't sign him.

I questioned why we spent resource getting him fit.

I don't know how much money you think we spent on him. He attended training, which would have happened anyway, working with staff who would have been there anyway and using gym equipment that would have been there anyway.

Not to mention he would have been passing on experience to the younger keepers while he was here.

I don't know how much money you think we spent on him. He attended training, which would have happened anyway, working with staff who would have been there anyway and using gym equipment that would have been there anyway.

Not to mention he would have been passing on experience to the younger keepers while he was here.

And, what is wrong anyway with a club performing a kindness for a player without a club?

People are not moaning because we never singed him, it's the fact that we helped him get his move to celtic.

lm not to fussed about it, we have far more important things to be dealing with.