Zaliukas signs two year deal. (official)

Drenth

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcculloch has been a great servant but if Zaliukus signs then what's his role going to be?

We would have a number of options who are better than he is in the position he plays and he's costing us a fortune too.

Playmaker #10 role

Zaliukas would be an improvement on Jig it's just whether or not he'd ever get picked ahead of him, was impressed with Luca and Halkett last night aswell so would feel sorry for them tbh.

I think if I was available earlier, Ally would have preferred to bring him in over McGregor.

Mcculloch has been a great servant but if Zaliukus signs then what's his role going to be?

We would have a number of options who are better than he is in the position he plays and he's costing us a fortune too.

Zaliukas will be suspended pretty often so I'm sure he'll still play a bit :P

Even though last night was just a friendly what I did like to see was the combination of an older more experienced player with one of the younger players. Even though if Zali is signed on a short term contract I don't think we really need him unless McCulloch is going to move on or play in a different role, though with him starting and playing as a CB for 75 mins I can't see that happening.

As for comments about goodbye Luca, that is a load of rubbish, both he and Halkett are both only still 20 I believe and both can learn from players like Zali (if brought in) and McGregor who I also thought looked quite good last night.

Though he's been a brilliant servant to the club over the last few years I hope he isn't given a contract extension.

He should be used as a backup player this season. We will not get away with playing him at centre back every game in this league the way we did last season. Give Lee Wallace the armband.

Will be a decent CH for us if you exclude likely suspensions.

Aggressive but maybe not too smart with it.

If he does sign, Luca's chances will be further limited and realistically he wont be tried next season when every point will be crucial.

If his agent / dad isnt encouraging him to leave or get a season loaned id be surprised.