Zaliukas signs two year deal. (official)

Drenth

Exactly how is a player who immediately becomes our best centre half a 'wage burner'?

I'm critical of McCoist at times but theres been a few posts over the last couple of weeks (mainly in this thread and the ones where Boyd & Miller were confirmed) that have genuinely made me think that some people have moaned about everything for so long that they can't actually do anything else now, even when what they are moaning about is only going to improve Rangers as a team.

After the season he had for Killie and the fact that Aberdeen and others were in for him there was absolutely no justification for anyone moaning about bringing in Boyd given the context of where we are. None. People did anyway, it makes you wonder about them.

That's without even mentioning the fact that it's as close to guaranteed as it's possible to get in football that Boyd will score plenty of goals for us.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the season he had for Killie and the fact that Aberdeen and others were in for him there was absolutely no justification for anyone moaning about bringing in Boyd given the context of where we are. None. People did anyway, it makes you wonder about them.

That's without even mentioning the fact that it's as close to guaranteed as it's possible to get in football that Boyd will score plenty of goals for us.

some folk are just moaning bastards. what if boyd was already with us and his contract ran down and he went to aberdeen or even hearts. i guarantee the same moaning cunts would be moaning that its a disgrace we let our best forward go and we should have offered him a 3 year contract

The guy should be nowhere Ibrox in my opinion a McCoist signing as he doesn't have a clue , other than that he wouldn't be at Ibrox if any other manager was in charge.

And in our current predicament, who would be then?

Should be an interesting answer this one, from a guy who is a fan of boycotting ST's and complains about us not having money to make decent signings ...

And in our current predicament, who would be then?

Should be an interesting answer this one, from a guy who is a fan of boycotting ST's and complains about us not having money to make decent signings ...

Oh dear you really don't have a clue, if you are happy with what is going on at Ibrox at the moment be happy and accept standards have dropped due to our inept Manager and Team.

It's the Culture of Moaning - some do it so much they get stuck and can't stop. Forget them, they'll keep it up until it's their time to lie in a casket.

Oh dear you really don't have a clue, if you are happy with what is going on at Ibrox at the moment be happy and accept standards have dropped due to our inept Manager and Team.

Translation :

"I have no clue but I'll just try to deflect the question"

some folk are just moaning bastards. what if boyd was already with us and his contract ran down and he went to aberdeen or even hearts. i guarantee the same moaning cunts would be moaning that its a disgrace we let our best forward go and we should have offered him a 3 year contract

Moan the Gers

And welcome Zali - to the greatest and most famous club in the world, i am sure you will do us proud.

Big Zal, Boyd , Miller and McGregor are good signings given the financial constraints at Rangers right now.

Coisty had a budget of about 15k in wages this summer that might sound a lot given the money spent by the rest of Scottish football but you won't get top class players for 3-4k a week and certainly not while playing in the 2nd tier of the SPFL.

Big Zal almost signed for Man Utd at one point so he must have something about him.

Big Zal, Boyd , Miller and McGregor are good signings given the financial constraints at Rangers right now.

Coisty had a budget of about 15k in wages this summer that might sound a lot given the money spent by the rest of Scottish football but you won't get top class players for 3-4k a week and certainly not while playing in the 2nd tier of the SPFL.

Big Zal almost signed for Man Utd at one point so he must have something about him.

A link or source for that last sentence?

From memory, he seemed a reasonable CB when he was with Hearts. As always, I will defer judgement until he pulls the blue jersey on and see how he performs in the white heat of the battle.

Not particularly knocking Ally or his signings but once again I'm slightly concerned over the finances. Four players have been brought in on wages that will not be insignificant. Ally says he is working to same budget as last year so who has left to make up the wages of our new signings. Andy Little, Cribari, can't think of anybody else. By my sums, that would appear to leave us a bit away from working to the same budget as last season.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually really happy with McCoist's signings so far:

Boyd - excellent goal scorer exactly what we need

Miller - have been missing a player like him for a few years

McGregor - a very decent defender always looked good at St Mirren

Zaliukas - a solid experienced defender ideal to get us out of this league

Never thought I'd say this but I'm actually really happy with McCoist's signings so far:

Boyd - excellent goal scorer exactly what we need

Miller - have been missing a player like him for a few years

McGregor - a very decent defender always looked good at St Mirren

Zaliukas - a solid experienced defender ideal to get us out of this league

Simonsen?

Man Utd were linked with Goian once and he was an absolute bombscare.

Just saying.