Zaliukas signs two year deal. (official)

Drenth

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this is similar to the Boyd signing....he is an improvement on what we have but we are adding him to an area of the team we already have a saturation of numbers....also it's a total kick in the teeth to the likes of gasparato and halket who like telfer would be better leaving ASAP if they want to further their career.

He reminds me of a watered down version of Amoruso, what he needs is a watered down version of Craig Moore beside him.

Good comparison (tu)

McCulloch for all his effort, isn't a great centre half so hopefully with a more natural centre half like Zaliukus in there we might see a more roped in Mohsni this season.

I genuinely don't think he's anywhere as bad as he's made out to be on here. I think there is a player in there but due to a combination of complacency and possibly a little bit of over confidence/arrogance he was never as switched on as he could be last season.

Would be shocked to see Mohsni dropped

I've not really seen much of McGregor or Zaliuskas, but Big Billy was good for us last season. He just needs to focus or have a commanding cb beside him (a Davie Weir to his Boogie) and he'll be fine. Does Zaliuskas fit the bill?

im actually happy in regards to the calibre of the signing, i just cannot believe our spending when we are supposedly skint in regards to wages

plus a 2 year deal? thought we were only giving 1 year deals, im liking this as it means if he has a good season he is still tied to us and would command a fee, if he does not too good this season then he is still a decent backup in the SPL

im actually happy in regards to the calibre of the signing, i just cannot believe our spending when we are supposedly skint in regards to wages

plus a 2 year deal? thought we were only giving 1 year deals, im liking this as it means if he has a good season he is still tied to us and would command a fee, if he does not too good this season then he is still a decent backup in the SPL

This years wage budget is the same as last years mate so either we are being given duff info or we have signed some vastly experienced players on good financial deals

This years wage budget is the same as last years mate so either we are being given duff info or we have signed some vastly experienced players on good financial deals

i know the budget is apparently the same, but given how last season we tried to reduce the wage bill mid season, and we have lower ST sales so far this season going by numbers given to us, i find it strange that we are going to spend the same

as i said im happy about him signing in regards to what he brings, just worried about the overall financials i guess

i know the budget is apparently the same, but given how last season we tried to reduce the wage bill mid season, and we have lower ST sales so far this season going by numbers given to us, i find it strange that we are going to spend the same

as i said im happy about him signing in regards to what he brings, just worried about the overall financials i guess

Same mate. I'd imagine sales will pick up pretty soon

Saw 45 minutes of him in a game and you can tell he is so much better than Jig. Not even that, in his time at Hearts you could see how much of a good player he was.

He seemed confident on the ball and he likes to pass it from the back instead of just punting it to no one and he's a threat at set-piecies.

Wallace also said this:

Wallace was pleased to see Zaliukas, whom he played alongside at Tynecastle for five seasons, join up with the Ibrox club on their pre-season tour of the Highlands last week.

The left-back rates the centre-half - a free agent after parting company with Leeds United - highly and is optimistic he will accept the contract he is set to be offered.

The two men teamed up once again in the second half of the friendly match with Brora Rangers at Dudgeon Park in Sutherland on Sunday.

Despite not playing together in more than three years, they dovetailed superbly and prevented the home team from scoring again in a game that, thanks to a late Kris Boyd goal, ended in a 1-1 draw.

"We hadn't played together for a while," said Wallace. "But it was scary because we hadn't lost that understanding we had while we were at Hearts.

"We played in the second-half against Brora and it was as if we'd only played together just last week. It was almost telepathic. We had that Hearts when we played together there and, hopefully, we can have the same understanding at Rangers if he joins.

"It was great stepping back on to the pitch with him. It was a weird scenario because it felt like we were back doing what we did with Hearts. Hopefully the club and him can sort something in the next few days."