Zaliukas signs two year deal. (official)

Drenth

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent player.

If we play

Mohsni RB

Wallace LB

McGregor CB

Zaliukas CB

It will be as an athletic and powerful defence we've had for a long time

I've never thought of Mohsni playing RB, but that does actually sound good. He would have the freedom of going down the wings and cutting inside and getting caught out at rb isn't as bad as it is getting caught out or making a mistake at CB.

At RB there's more room for his lack of concentration, he can take players on and he's a goal a threat.

As a CB it's more important to be fully concentrated than it is a RB/LB.

Mohsni played centre back,winger and striker for Southend....so right back wont faze him...

At RB there's more room for his lack of concentration, he can take players on and he's a goal a threat.

As a CB it's more important to be fully concentrated than it is a RB/LB.

There's no room for error at any position.

This has to be the worst suggestion I've heard ina while.

There's no room for error at any position.

This has to be the worst suggestion I've heard ina while.

You're clearly tripping.

I honestly can't re-call our full backs making last ditch challenges last season. Our full backs especially Wallace are played as a sort of winger type with not much defensive responisibility as we're always the attacking team in most cases.

You're clearly tripping.

I honestly can't re-call our full backs making last ditch challenges last season. Our full backs especially Wallace are played as a sort of winger type with not much defensive responisibility as we're always the attacking team in most cases.

You want to play a centre half at right back, and not only that, dodgy centre half that cannae pass the ball five yards without giving the ball away, and I'm tripping? :lol:

I've no idea why so many on here seem to think Mohsni would make a good fullback. It's madness which I can only assume stems from his being athletic and a complete lack of understanding over the attributes required to be a fullback.

I agree he he needs to work on positioning, distribution and a whole host of other things BUT at the level we are playing at he'll have the opportunity to do this.

If he is rank then we can cross him off for RB.

Your opinion - I think he'll either play right back or in a back three. I give players a chance.

Being a full-back, esp at Rangers is probably the most physically demanding position..

Mohsni has neither the athleticism, poise or ability to play there..

Square peg-round hole.

Being a full-back, esp at Rangers is probably the most physically demanding position..

Mohsni has neither the athleticism, poise or ability to play there..

Square peg-round hole.

Lol - would disagree about the athleticism. He does need to work on his composure and other skills. Give the guy a chance though. Used to sit beside guys that booed and hissed at our players for the slightest thing. Fans can build players up by believing in them.

Another wage burner who should be nowhere near Ibrox an absolute joke, can't wait till the day McCoist is gone from the Club.

Exactly how is a player who immediately becomes our best centre half a 'wage burner'?

I'm critical of McCoist at times but theres been a few posts over the last couple of weeks (mainly in this thread and the ones where Boyd & Miller were confirmed) that have genuinely made me think that some people have moaned about everything for so long that they can't actually do anything else now, even when what they are moaning about is only going to improve Rangers as a team.

Exactly how is a player who immediately becomes our best centre half a 'wage burner'?

I'm critical of McCoist at times but theres been a few posts over the last couple of weeks (mainly in this thread and the ones where Boyd & Miller were confirmed) that have genuinely made me think that some people have moaned about everything for so long that they can't actually do anything else now, even when what they are moaning about is only going to improve Rangers as a team.

The guy should be nowhere Ibrox in my opinion a McCoist signing as he doesn't have a clue , other than that he wouldn't be at Ibrox if any other manager was in charge.