Alleged Plagiarism of RFC articles by Evening Times

Ace

He may be, but if others are infringing our copyright........?

One thing...

Why didn't he do this off Twitter?

A wee threatening email reminding them of the rules?

Na, didn't thinkso, Mr Rangers wants to get retweets and favourites etc publicly, he is an attention seeking scrotum.

We moan about the board doing things in the public eye, so....?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I notice though, If the Evening Times have actually used the article in a printed version, there's absolutely nothing Rangers can do about it. If you read their little copyright notice, it says to "Permission to use quotations from this article online"

That really should just read "permission to use quotations from this article is only granted subject to yadda yadda yadda"

Fair point. The work will still be copyrighted though and shouldn't be reproduced for commercial use without permission (see my example I gave a few posts up)

EDIT: He does say it's on their website.

One thing...

Na, didn't thinkso, Mr Rangers wants to get retweets and favourites etc publicly, he is an attention seeking scrotum.

To draw a bit attention to it and also more likely to get a speedier response given that it's public.

I notice though, If the Evening Times have actually used the article in a printed version, there's absolutely nothing Rangers can do about it. If you read their little copyright notice, it says to "Permission to use quotations from this article online"

That really should just read "permission to use quotations from this article is only granted subject to yadda yadda yadda"

The article would have run today, as the ET is a not a Sunday publication then it's a safe bet they've only copied it to their online source.

One thing...

Doesn't matter.

Why bother with a 'wee threat'.

If they're infringing, they're infringing.

(Without prejudice to everybody's experiences which lead them to believe the man, himself , is a xxxxx (insert your own noun here))!.

Granted all works from Rangers FC are probably copyrighted in the correct manners etc, though their wording should be a little clearer.

However, Is it anything at all to do with Andrew Dickson? He wrote the article that was plagiarized yes, but him trying to take into his own hands on twitter is a no no, this is surely a job for Rangers' lawyers? They're good at dropping lawyers letters to Gers fans, so I'd gather they'd be happy enough to drop a wee letter to the ET?

Granted all works from Rangers FC are probably copyrighted in the correct manners etc, though their wording should be a little clearer.

However, Is it anything at all to do with Andrew Dickson? He wrote the article that was plagiarized yes, but him trying to take into his own hands on twitter is a no no, this is surely a job for Rangers' lawyers? They're good at dropping lawyers letters to Gers fans, so I'd gather they'd be happy enough to drop a wee letter to the ET?

How is that going to get Dickson more followers or make him look like a Rangers man?

How is that going to get Dickson more followers or make him look like a Rangers man?

Oh aye, I forgot about that. It doesn't, fair play. Mr Dickson needs his wee ego boost on twitter. Fuck the lawyers, go dicko, go!

Exactly.

It's already noted on the website, no need to get into public slanging matches unless you're dying to get attention.

Asking for them to explain why they've lifted it is hardly a public slanging match. I know if it was my work I'd be asking the same question of them.

Aye the clubs been fantastic in dealing with the media when we've had issues with them.

Asking for them to explain why they've lifted it is hardly a public slanging match. I know if it was my work I'd be asking the same question of them.

Although it is completely unprofessional of him, and it isn't his job to ask. If all works from Rangers FC are indeed copyrighted in the correct way, then there is no need for Andrew Dickson to be drawing to it on twitter, he should be pointing it out to the right people at Rangers so that the Lawyers can handle it in the correct way. The ET won't reply to Andrew Dickson, they don't even know who he is.

They'd sit up and recognize if a wee letter got dropped to them with the words "On Behalf of Rangers Football Club..."

Although it is completely unprofessional of him, and it isn't his job to ask. If all works from Rangers FC are indeed copyrighted in the correct way, then there is no need for Andrew Dickson to be drawing to it on twitter, he should be pointing it out to the right people at Rangers so that the Lawyers can handle it in the correct way. The ET won't reply to Andrew Dickson, they don't even know who he is.

They'd sit up and recognize if a wee letter got dropped to them with the words "On Behalf of Rangers Football Club..."

I'm fairly certain they'll know who he is.

The same kind of letters that dropped when the BBC continually refer to us as a new club?

I'm not sure you realise how much social media matters to companies (especially newspapers and media organisations). Rangers aren't going to care much about a match report of a pre-season friendly but by calling them out on Twitter, it's pretty embarrassing for the ET. It lets a lot more people know about it and they can pile the pressure on immediately.

I'm not sure you realise how much social media matters to companies (especially newspapers and media organisations). Rangers aren't going to care much about a match report of a pre-season friendly but by calling them out on Twitter, it's pretty embarrassing for the ET. It lets a lot more people know about it and they can pile the pressure on immediately.

But our lawyers will send them a letter. :lol:

Have you ever witnessed his response to criticism? :lol:

Try telling your burd your beer isn't cold enough and times it by 100.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of him either but he's actually on the right side this time. I get the Berwick thing and it was a bit of a weasel move but it's not as if he went around personally grassing people for singing a song.

Still completely unprofessional from Dickson. Yes social media matters; But it'd of been more professional if Dickson had reported the offense to the right people, let the lawyers take care of it and then from the Club's official twitter (which has much more exposure) point out the offense for example: "Rangers Lawyers look into plagiarism from @TheEveningTimes"

Dickson shouldn't be tweeting things like that from his personal twitter account.

Still completely unprofessional from Dickson. Yes social media matters; But it'd of been more professional if Dickson had reported the offense to the right people, let the lawyers take care of it and then from the Club's official twitter (which has much more exposure) point out the offense for example: "Rangers Lawyers look into plagiarism from @TheEveningTimes"

Dickson shouldn't be tweeting things like that from his personal twitter account.

Do you really think the lawyers would care though? He's probably just pissed off they copy and pasted his report but I'd say the Evening Times were the unprofessional ones, not him.