What's your best ever season following Rangers?

GOAT

Cheers mate :)

I see you've changed it but it still doesn't work. That's because you've edited the link rather than the address. It still points to the https web address. Delete the link and copy the entire address without the 's' in https (you'll notice when you edit your post it shows a link which is purple and abbreviates the address with dots). Like this (obviously you won't see what I've typed but it is the same address but with http instead of https).

I hope that makes sense

The treble season of '77-'78

McCloy

Jardine Jackson Forsyth Greig

McLean Russell MacDonald Cooper

Johnstone Smith

For all sorts of reasons I've never been happier than when following Rangers during that season.

Cooper signed in '77.

Jock Wallace was our manager.

Big DJ at the peak of his powers.

Sandy Jardine - now that's what I'd call a Rangers class right back.

Pretty much the team when I started going on a regular basis.

Class side

Not my best, but one of my favourites has to be Walter's final season. The 2010/11 season.

- Very limited resources

- Manchester United 0 Rangers 0

- Edu vs Sporting Lisbon

- All the OF games

- League Cup final. We were completely written off by everyone in that game

- The hatred toward Celtic and their fans reached a new level that season mainly due to Lemmon.

- Kilmarnock 1 Rangers 5

3 in a row!

How can you pick just one so many wonderful memories from the signing of Tore Andre Flo and Micheal Mols not to mention Gazza and our great dane heroes of our club one and all.

To the games where we have pumped the vhermin or won cups and leagues our European runs not a chance could i narrow that down to one season

How can you pick just one so many wonderful memories from the signing of Tore Andre Flo and Micheal Mols not to mention Gazza and our great dane heroes of our club one and all.

To the games where we have pumped the vhermin or won cups and leagues our European runs not a chance could i narrow that down to one season

:blink: ....... :P

I remember buzzing when Flo signed but despite having a decent return of Goals he fell far short of his valuation.

92/93 season was my first as a season ticket holder although I was probably too young to fully appreciate it at the time, I thought every season was going to be like that.

My favourite was 02/03 under Eck. Taking off the tinted specs for a minute I would say that it's probably the last time that both halves of the Oldfirm had two genuinely great teams at the same time. Also, I went to every game home and away apart from one (Zizkov away).

The treble season of '77-'78

McCloy

Jardine Jackson Forsyth Greig

McLean Russell MacDonald Cooper

Johnstone Smith

For all sorts of reasons I've never been happier than when following Rangers during that season.

Cooper signed in '77.

Jock Wallace was our manager.

Big DJ at the peak of his powers.

Sandy Jardine - now that's what I'd call a Rangers class right back.

Season 86-86 and 92-93 were fantastic but I agree with you that 77-78 was the best. Coop joining us, the superb Bobby Russell being plucked from nowhere (ok, Shettleston Juniors) and Johnstone/Smith offering the perfect blend up front. Going from winning nothing the previous season to winning the treble.

My favourite ever Rangers-Celtic game was that season when we came back from 2-0 down (the only two times they got over the halfway line they scored) to win 3-2. We were magnificent that day.

Only downside of that season was the sad loss of Bobby McKean. The above game was the best I ever saw Bobby play for us. Both him and Coop had their fullbacks on toast that day, no mean feat when McGrain was one of them.

Having seen rangers stopping ten in a row and the jock Wallace trebles, nine in a row, champions league 92/93 advocates classy teams, helicopter Sunday , attending the UEFA cup final and many more the best has to be...... Our first season in the 4th tier, to have survived and on our way back was truly the best moment ever. Nothing will EVER compare

Favourite season has to be 92-93, the Champions League was basically just kicking off and we were at the top table, Marseille game was up there with the best for atmosphere and quality of player on the park. remember being devasted when my bro got a ticket for the Leeds game and I never.

Just to pull up the OP, all they Anti-Ally threads and how shite we were playing and you never even watched the games.

Ffs ha ha

Theres been too many to remember and, although not the best, but the one that sticks out in recent history would be 2009/10 when we won 2IAR. I Had never enjoyed a title victory that was so relaxed...ever.

Got to be the 92-93 season, undefeated in Europe, 48 game unbeaten run from August till March, then winning the treble at the piggery just to rub it in ..

This, along with Advocaat's first and second years would be my candidates.

The first one that I really remember vividly are Eck's first full season as well. Reaching 50 titles. Beating them on goal difference by one. Sutton hurting over "Dunfermline lying down". A treble.

07/08 with Manchester was a real highlight. Walters first full season back. Cuellar & Weir solid at the back. Last month of the season and we were still in with a shout of 4 trophies.

Seeing Novos penalty still gives me goosebumps. I think the only things that could better than in my lifetime will be no. 55 & if we were to actually win a European trophy.

Season 86-86 and 92-93 were fantastic but I agree with you that 77-78 was the best. Coop joining us, the superb Bobby Russell being plucked from nowhere (ok, Shettleston Juniors) and Johnstone/Smith offering the perfect blend up front. Going from winning nothing the previous season to winning the treble.

My favourite ever Rangers-Celtic game was that season when we came back from 2-0 down (the only two times they got over the halfway line they scored) to win 3-2. We were magnificent that day.

Only downside of that season was the sad loss of Bobby McKean. The above game was the best I ever saw Bobby play for us. Both him and Coop had their fullbacks on toast that day, no mean feat when McGrain was one of them.

Happy days!

I don't know if it was the best - it's difficult to deny '72 that title - but certainly my favourite.

It's curious to look back at the team and wonder if we'll ever again see a team of Scots - and drawn from the top drawer in terms of quality at that.

You mentioned Russell for example and he was a superb player for us - one of those rare players who could not only see and make a pass, but do it with an elegance that suggests he didn't have to try too hard to do it.

And another thing - a team that was hard as nails! Who was ever going to bully the likes of Ham & Eggs, Jaws and Doddie in particular? And all of them could play to a high standard into the bargain - people know about Greig for obvious reasons, but Forsyth and MacDonald were fantastic for Rangers.

I'm really fond of thinking over those days and I know I'll probably always miss them, too.