Perhaps he is thinking this:

Bell

Zaliukas---McGregor---Mohsni

Foster-------------------------------------------Wallace

Jig

Law-----Black-----McLeod

Miller

???

That's what it will be, but that's still poor playing him, he's not got the legs to play in that position.

It doesn't make for good reading, especially making room in midfield for Jig.

It should allow the full backs to get forward and hit the byline. It should also means Mohsni will be allowed more freedom to carry the ball forward and Nicky Law will be in his most effective position (playing just off the main striker). It's worth a try to see how it goes I guess. That's what pre-season is for.

That's what it will be, but that's still poor playing him, he's not got the legs to play in that position.

Agreed, that role is something Black or Hutton would be suited for, not Jig. Lets hope it's not shoehorning and he is just trying something out to see how the shape works and not only to fit Jig.

I have nothing against Jig personally but I really hope he isn't a guaranteed starter or gets shoehorned in the side in favour of McLeod who is our biggest asset IMO.

I'm the same.

I love big Jig, but he should be used as a utility player and Wallace should be named captain.

System looks to me like a 3-6-1 diamond.

Wallace and Foster will bomb on,the midfield will almost certainly take a diamond shape,with Law advanced and either Black or Jig sitting.

Key point to this system is also with 3 centre-backs it allows Mohsni to get forward without leaving us short.

Why don't people wait to see how we line up on the pitch and see how it goes during the game before tanning their wrists?

Nobody is tanning their wrists, we're just getting our minds back on the football, discussing tactics and wondering what Ally is trying. Grab a beer and calm down, :thumbup:

If Ally is thinking of going with the 3CHs, I would think dropping the potential DM and going 2 up top would be better, play a narrow midfield 3 with the wing backs providing the overlap and width:

Bell

Zaliukas---McGregor---Mohsni

Foster-------------------------------------------Wallace

Law-----Black-----McLeod

Miller----Clark

Great to be back to the football :7325: