**** The Official Ventura County Fusion Vs Rangers

gogzy

We don't ever seem to try and play to our strengths.

Boyd and Miller will score a bucket load of goals at this level if we give them service and with naturally forward thinking players like Shiels, McKay, Templeton & Law in our squad that surely lends itself to a more quick paced game with the ball on the deck and lots of width?

Even our full backs are more naturally attack minded and Black's best form for Hearts came when he was starting moves from deep by spreading the ball to their wingers.

There just seems to be a lot of trying to out square pegs in round holes and as others have said that's not a conclusion that people have come to off the back of one pre season game.

@huistra

I've played at a high level (up till 18) then high level amateur till 24. Pre season is all about fitness. Bit pre season is trying new things, blooding new players/youngsters.

But the problem is Rangers for two year have been fucking brutal. We've been atrocious. Airdrie away, Dunfermline away, Dundee Utd at home for one half are about 3 of the most memorable games from 2 years ffs.

This isn't about friendly results, as I said innmy last post buckie, brora, Fulham and then this defeat sum up allys Rangers.

I wish to fuck the board where not getting as much grief as they may have binned him by now. Its fucking brutal.

If he doesn't go with a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 with our best attack minded players then it's safe to assume we never will.

Personally i think the problem he has made is that he doesn't know how to fit everyone in and keep them happy.

McCulloch in midfield.....WHY?

To think i was laughed at for saying we may struggle this season.......

Regardless of how we look on paper, the issue is tactics or rather the lack of them. This is the season where Ally should be judged - he has the players he wanted and we have competition - lets hope he's hiding something that we will see when the season starts. Against Buckie we played with the ball on the deck and with confident passing. Against Brora it looked all too familiar with long balls being played. I didn't see the last game but its sounding like we are already goin backwards. Why can no one at the club see our weaknesses and make changes that are so apparent to us all? Time is running out.

Got up and caught the 2nd half it was a god awful performance and an embarrassing result pre season or not.

People can say pre season is about getting fitness levels up but it can also instill a winning mentality from the off.

I would say though that we seem to have a bit of a split personality at the moment, woeful in games against FAR inferior opposition but decent against Fulham.

Fulham team out was a young, inexpierenced team. Not their first teamers with the exception of a couple like Rodallega.

Fulham team out was a young, inexpierenced team. Not their first teamers with the exception of a couple like Rodallega.

Shhhhh, don't you realise that everyone at the footballing powerhouse that is Fulham FC is a world beater?

I tried explaining at the time that bar Rodallega, our team was much more experienced and would be on a lot more wage wise. This was obviously overlooked as we had actually won a pre-season game that wasn't against a Highland league team.

Aye, sure just whatever.

Its sad that I've actually adopted that view towards everything Ally does. He's clearly not going anywhere and he's clearly useless as fuck so just aye, whatever really

Exactly how I feel about it as well. I'm just glad I fell asleep before the game started.

Will he ever go or has he got the dirt on someone inside Ibrox

He'll be there until we fail to win a league, and even then he might get another year. Guys a joke of a manager, and a drain on our club and it's fans. He'll never walk though, the outrageous salary and deferred cash will ensure he'll never go until he is pushed.

Im on a shitty bus on my way to Manchester but I soon cheered up when i found out i could still view the match despite it being half seven in the morning.

I fucking wish i hadn't. That was fucking brutal. Barr law, no one could take the ball past a player. Their second was a disgrace and that's us with more defenders on the park than any other position. Again whats with the high ball shit again.

I had to watch with the sound off due a gaggle of woman yapping on the bus but was that foster who again failed to clear that ball?

@Rfc52 I have to disagree, after a shaky start in the 3rd div we played good football up until xmas beating M/well etc. then the league was over, admitidley we were shite to watch after that, same in the 2nd, 8-1 against stenny and a few other games when we blew teams away 5-0, then the players took the foot off again at xmas. which shouldn't be happening and is the managers job to motivate the team, Ally deserves critisism, but he's a rookie learning his trade, ppl seem to forget this.

I know mate but I'm sure they'd still be of a higher standard than Brora or Fusion.

The point I was making though was that we have had a bit of a split personality in ore season. I also believe it is a lot more than just getting fitness levels right, you have to shape your team for the season and I don't think we look like we know what our best formation is even though I think its clear to everyone else we should have 2 up top.