**** The Official Ventura County Fusion Vs Rangers

gogzy

Yeah well I guess I'd have to agree on that lol.

Even though we were high up the pitch and pressing back in a sense I feel that we did this without exerting much pressure trying to force Fusion in to making errors or making them move the ball quicker than they may have wanted.

I think overall the performance and attitude was far from howiy should've been and you know what you're probably right a lot of it is the manner of the defeat I never like losing even when I played works 5 a sides or back when I actually played, losing friendlies did my tits in but sometimes the blow was softened a little when I knew my team had done all it could.

This and what Gogzy also said which this man quoted (not sure how to quote both).

My initial reaction was total outrage at the squad, how we played and the result but rather than posting immediately I decided to wait and reflect on the game as a whole.

First of all it was only a friendly, it was an area where you could try different formations and styles, unfortunately in the first half it failed miserably. The team were pushing high up the park and we did create chances but they weren't taken and we got caught out on the counter attack probably for all 3 of their goals.

The club's own website suggested that we initially played a 5-4-1 formation which eventually changed to a 4-4-2, to this I really have to criticise McCoist over, there is no way on earth should we ever be playing that type of formation, I can understand the mentality as the two wing-backs and midfield are supposed to be pushing forward at every opportunity, but it is wrong for the league coming up and it is wrong for the top flight, hell I didn't even agree with it when we used it against Man U and Barcelona in the CL.

If you want a certain type of formation then for God's sake have the balls to say to certain players you can't play and at the minimum have a 3-5-2 formation, we do have the players who can play that, possibly as follows;

Bell,

Zali, Moshni, McGregor,

Wallace, Black, Law, Mccleod, Another (Not Foster, possibly Faure and possibly Aird depends on training)

Miller, Boyd

To me they would kick all sorts of Ass in the championship and probably in the top flight and not only that there are other players who could easily fill in for injury suspension.

Problem is, I really don't see it happening, I really don't see it happening it is obvious that Ally ain't going to drop big Jig and even though I love both of them and have supported Ally as a manager and Jig as a player, if Ally doesn't drop Jig to the bench and if Jig doesn't accept he has to make way for better and younger players then it is time for Ally to hand the reigns over to someone else.

And before the Ally supporters start bleating about who would you replace him with etc, let's make one thing clear I'm giving Ally another chance and I have always supported him as at the end of the day he is our manager and to me he is Rangers through and through but if he isn't willing to learn by his mistakes then he has to move on.

He tried something different but got the personel all wrong. I disagree with those saying we played 5 at the back. We played closer to a 3 at the back with 2 pushing full backs who tried to get forward all the time. I just think he got the players all wrong, and tried to do a 3-5-1-1

a 3-5-2 would have been much better IMO.

I'd have started templeton before Foster, and not played jig.

........ZAL----DM-----Mohsni

Temps.................................Wallace

.................Black...................

.............Lewis...Law.....

.......Miller..........Boyd........

Have temps and Wallace bombing forward at every chance,

that's a normal team

you wont get many against that

but the bloke you back will never play that

He tried something different but got the personel all wrong. I disagree with those saying we played 5 at the back. We played closer to a 3 at the back with 2 pushing full backs who tried to get forward all the time. I just think he got the players all wrong, and tried to do a 3-5-1-1

Think it's madness mate. 3-5-2 gets exposed an awful lot, particularly when you have slow CBs and wingbacks that can't defend. Should be 4-4-2 with Miller and Boyd upfront, and Jig on the bench.

Septic got pumped 4-0 from D.C. UTD in 2006 then got to the last 16 of the CL league that season so results like this should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It was a bit of daft idea to go to America in the first place we should have stayed in Europe. That pitch was woeful as well everytime the ball went wide it looked out of play due to the daft markings.

The game against Derby will be a true reflection of how good or bad the team is not one played 5000 miles away.

I agree that McCulloch shouldn't have been played. He doesn't have the legs to play in midfield now and should be used as a backup player at centre half or up front.

I don't think putting a winger at wing back is the answer to getting this system to work though. IMO to play this formation, we will need to sign a right back who can do on the right side what Lee Wallace does on the left.

I agree that McCulloch shouldn't have been played. He doesn't have the legs to play in midfield now and should be used as a backup player at centre half or up front.

I don't think putting a winger at wing back is the answer to getting this system to work though. IMO to play this formation, we will need to sign a right back who can do on the right side what Lee Wallace does on the left.

Was going to mention in my post that a Hutton or Whittaker type would have been ideal for the right hand side.

Was going to mention in my post that a Hutton or Whittaker type would have been ideal for the right hand side.

Whittaker got murdered when we played 3-5-2. He can't defend (much like Foster, and Wallace a bit also to an extent). We might have an abundance of CBs, but we shouldn't be trying to squeeze them all into the team. If we need to have Jig, Faure, Gasporatto (?) and Moshni sitting in the bench / stand because they aren't the in the top 2 CBs at the club then so be it.

Think it's madness mate. 3-5-2 gets exposed an awful lot, particularly when you have slow CBs and wingbacks that can't defend. Should be 4-4-2 with Miller and Boyd upfront, and Jig on the bench.

The problem with 4-4-2 is that it means we won't get the best out of Nicky Law. He was a great player with Motherwell when he played off the main striker but looked very average last season playing in a central midfield role. So I'm hoping that he goes for a formation where he can play in his natural position, I feel he can be a very important player for us if so. Of course, the problem with that is it would probably mean dropping Miller or Boyd which in competitive matches I can't see McCoist doing.

Septic got pumped 4-0 from D.C. UTD in 2006 then got to the last 16 of the CL league that season so results like this should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It was a bit of daft idea to go to America in the first place we should have stayed in Europe. That pitch was woeful as well everytime the ball went wide it looked out of play due to the daft markings.

The game against Derby will be a true reflection of how good or bad the team is not one played 5000 miles away.

It's not the result that's so important, it's the awful attempt to play football that scares the shit out of us.

the winger is there to bomb forward all the time. And when defending we drop black back a bit.

i do see your point, just not sure we have that type of player on the books right now.

Just watched it. Everything about it was terrible!! But what struck me most is that our brand must be rank rotten, why travel half way round the world to play teams in stadiums like this?? Surely we could of got some kind of glamour game to bring in much needed revenue!

Just watched it. Everything about it was terrible!! But what struck me most is that our brand must be rank rotten, why travel half way round the world to play teams in stadiums like this?? Surely we could of got some kind of glamour game to bring in much needed revenue!

I agree nothing has been gained or will be gained from this American tour IMHO.

We won't be playing on an artificial American football pitch anytime soon that's for sure. Even winning this game comfortably would have not proved much as we'll be up against a different style of team in Scotland.

Financially I really can't see what the point was either? Would have been better going off to Germany or some other European country for a few days then try and get a decent name to play against at Ibrox and bring in some money.

Tin hat on... Hutton, Alan?

look on the bright side, folk like me, who wont accept this blatant pish-ripping, will maybe allow folks like you to actually watch a football team, in the future.

imagine that

That's a fair enough comeback. (tu) What's on offer has been dire at times.

I would love to see much more attractive football... I must be warming to your way of thinking, imagine that!

I'm sure it's been said thousands of Times by now but WTF?! Jig at DM our whole midfield thrown out of joint 5/6 defenders and from what I've read our defense was even worse than usual. There's not reading too much into friendlys and then there's getting embarrassed by players who would struggle to get in Elgins starting line up. Fucking shocking!

you're a fucking banger, temps at fullback :000000082: