I've just sent the script in for a new comedy

GOAT

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will that be your excuse if we get pumped this season, that we lost to a full time team?

Theres no perhaps about it, taking away the fact that were the Rangers and everything that comes with it, with our wage bill we should have won it easily. We should have hammered so many teams that we managed to scrape and ugly win from.

He has signed players that were good players that have went backwards since he took over, he has no ability to make players improve or to motivate them and that fact is blatantly evident based on our performances and the overall attitude of the players.

Say we start with the defeat to Stirling Albion, which was my all time low, can you show me an instance where we greatly improved that season, then again the season after? Can you give me one example of a point in the past year where you had a reason to think we were improving and that Ally showed a glimmer of hope? Because I seriously cant think of one.

Im like you, I wish Ally would improve it would be perfect if he turned it around and we played great and Ally deservedly lifted the SPL title with us all behind him. But that is just a wish, a dream of a perfect reality, I dont base my predictions on hope, I base them on whats in fron of me, and from what Allys shown me I have no reason to think or believe he is going to improve. You dont go to the bookies and bet your money because you really like that team and "believe" they can win. You look at their previous performances and results and if its a dodgy one then you put your money back in your pocket. Same logic should apply here.

I might look like a nutter with this argument; but its like Pasquals wager, you should believe in God because youve nothing to lose, if God isnt real then you die and thats it, but if he is real then you want to believe him. But the fact that belief may or may not give you an advantage in the end doesnt make the facts any more or less true. I want Ally to do well but that gives me no reason to actually believe he will, because there is nothing to suggest that he is the man for the job other than people hoping that he one day will be.

So your claim to Allys abilities is beating a relegated EPL team in a friendly behind closed doors and almost beating another?

And out of all those managers listed Ally is the only one playing part time opposition, with a wage bill thats probably larger than all our opponents combined. No one knows how well Eck, Walter or Advocaat would have done in the 3rd divison, all weve got is Ally and the performances are dire, so comparisons mean nothing when we're playing in a completely different league, Ally has got much more money to spend in comparison with the opposition. Walter Smith could hardly sign any players he wanted for 18 months and still got us to a Euro final, Ally has signed most of the players hes tried to sign and cant get us to a League cup final or win the Ramsdens.

Once again failing to address the issue that we play shite football and show no signs of improvement. All you have to offer is silly excuses. At the very most Ally has succeeded by scraping by with the bare minumum of victories which is not the way it should be at Rangers.

Out of Europe, lost the league, out of every cup at least twice, losing to Stirling Albion, losing the Ramsdens final, embarassing results and performances against mechanics, pub team and yank college teams, utter shite tactics, playing numerous players out of position, insisting in playing his pals who are past it. But its all ok because we beat Fulham in a friendly and they played in EPL once, and Walter and Advocaat had a lot more money!

Im convinced half of the pro Ally mob are trolls.

No I'm not claiming Ally is Mourinho based on one game against Fulham was only putting the result against the yanks the other night into context.

Yeah it's true we don't play great football but could that be down to the fact we don't have great players? 5 years ago I don't think any bear dreamed of having a team filled with guys like John Daly, Nicky Clark and Cammy Bell.

As for blaming Ally for not winning the SPL that's just daft, the second half of the season was a car crash because off the park events to say the least.

Do you really think the SPL/SFA would have allowed Rangers to win the 2011/12 title while being in administration?

No I'm not claiming Ally is Mourinho based on one game against Fulham was only putting the result against the yanks the other night into context.

Yeah it's true we don't play great football but could that be down to the fact we don't have great players? 5 years ago I don't think any bear dreamed of having a team filled with guys like John Daly, Nicky Clark and Cammy Bell.

We have players that are far and above the value of our opposition, one of those players is probably worth as much or more as and entire team in 3rd div. We pay them ridiculous money and they still dont seem to be motivated, it should be up to the manager to get what he payed for out of players and Ally hasnt dont that.

As for blaming Allly for not winning the SPL that's just daft, the second half of the season was a car crash because off the park events to say the least.

Do you really think the SPL/SFA would have allowed Rangers to win the 2011/12 title while being in administration?

We had a 15 point lead and unless im mistaken we lost the lead before we went into Admin

If we are paying these guys big money and they are not motivated that's not the managers fault it's the players fault.

I don't care if we had a traffic cone as manager if you can't motivate yourself to play for Rangers then that says everything about them not the manager.

These players should take a look at Kevin Kyle right now and be thankful that they are at Rangers that's all the motivation they should need.

No ye wont because its never going to happen. There isnt a shred of evidence that there has been improvement. You are just sitting covering your eyes hoping for something to happen when there is absolutely no reason to think its going to happen, there is not one reason to think Ally will improve other than you really hoping that he does. It would be the perfect end to a shitty journey if Ally did turn it around, but there is nothing to suggest thats going to happen other than blind faith.

So will you avoid it - if (!! sic) Ally, sorry WHEN Ally turns it around - will you cheer, party and dance - or just moan and mumble that he should have gone long ago.

Ally McCoist: Football manager.

The script wrote itself. It's all about this legendary player who decides to get into football management for the club he became a legend and hero for everyone at, then it shows his fall hero to embarrassment. It all kicks off with crashing out of Europe to diddy teams before the schools go back, then it's the league cup to a 1st division team, he then proceeds to throw a 15 point lead away in the SPL in just over a month, and then he crashes out of the Scottish Cup at home to Dundee Utd in front of 17,000 fans already sick of his pish.

But that's just the start, his club goes into administration is relegated to the lower tiers of his countries league and then loses half his squad. He starts to come out with some great headlines for the papers and wins over the support he was losing again. Then he proceeds to have his team embarrassed by losing against part timers, crashing out of the league cup again, and the Scottish cup again and then even worse the Ramsdens Cup to part time opposition.

The next season, it's more of the same, crashes out of the league cup at the first time of asking to a part time team, crashes out the Scottish Cup at a whimper to Dundee Utd and then the biggest embarrassment of all loses the Ramsdens Cup final to Raith Rovers.

Season four is being worked on as we speak, it starts off with being embarrassed by a highland league outfit, then being destroyed off a might american college team, I'm unsure where it goes from there...

Hopefully the show gets cancelled now, but with so much comedy I can't see it, they maybe need a producer with balls to say enough is enough of the comedy.

I can't see your pilot getting to air, mate.

It seems rather contrived. So much so, that even those haters in BBC Scotland will find it lacking.

Besides, the surprise ending would send a shudder down their spines.

So will you avoid it - if (!! sic) Ally, sorry WHEN Ally turns it around - will you cheer, party and dance - or just moan and mumble that he should have gone long ago.

I wont be avoiding anything, ill be there regardless. But you can just keep on making assumptions as usual.

This argument you make basically saying that those who want Ally gone are gloryhunters that only care about Rangers when were winning is a load of tripe. I care very much about the Rangers, which is why I want Ally gone, because I want Rangers to be successful and Ally has done nothing to prove he is the man that will acheive that.

You can even have a decent debate because you have no decent arguments, all you can say is "aw I gues you wont be there then" ive made numerous points on here and asked the question numerous times, what has Ally dont to show hes capable? But you lot seem to be good at avoiding that one and just being one of what you call the Ostritch Branch and bury your head in the sand and only pop up when it suits you.

I wont be avoiding anything, ill be there regardless. But you can just keep on making assumptions as usual.

This argument you make basically saying that those who want Ally gone are gloryhunters that only care about Rangers when were winning is a load of tripe. I care very much about the Rangers, which is why I want Ally gone, because I want Rangers to be successful and Ally has done nothing to prove he is the man that will acheive that.

You can even have a decent debate because you have no decent arguments, all you can say is "aw I gues you wont be there then" ive made numerous points on here and asked the question numerous times, what has Ally dont to show hes capable? But you lot seem to be good at avoiding that one and just being one of what you call the Ostritch Branch and bury your head in the sand and only pop up when it suits you.

You may have asked questions but are shite at reading as why I support Ally has oft been repeated including on this thread - hey but just make it up as you go along

Every one knows, including Ally, that he is not a manager who can bring us success at a high level but he's good enough to get us back into the premiership.

his place at Rangers is in media relations and bringing players to the club. that is his talent.

i think most fans would agree that the last few years has brought more stress to us than at any time in our history.

now we're fans - just multiply that stress a hundred fold for Ally because of his position.

most of us would be basket cases by this point under such stress and poppin' anti depressants faster than Lemmon.

i thought he would have resigned and moved to a position where his interpersonal skills can be most used after winning the title this year.

i was disappointed he didn't.

the more pressure we put on Ally to get the fuck out the more entrenched he will be to stay there - that is his character.

we saw this part of his nature dealing with Souness.

it's hard to take what's happening on the park in terms of performance but the vitriole against Ally is OTT, and the more you try to force him out the more he digs in - that's who the man is.

Every one knows, including Ally, that he is not a manager who can bring us success at a high level but he's good enough to get us back into the premiership.

his place at Rangers is in media relations and bringing players to the club. that is his talent.

i think most fans would agree that the last few years has brought more stress to us than at any time in our history.

now we're fans - just multiply that stress a hundred fold for Ally because of his position.

most of us would be basket cases by this point under such stress and poppin' anti depressants faster than Lemmon.

i thought he would have resigned and moved to a position where his interpersonal skills can be most used after winning the title this year.

i was disappointed he didn't.

the more pressure we put on Ally to get the fuck out the more entrenched he will be to stay there - that is his character.

we saw this part of his nature dealing with Souness.

it's hard to take what's happening on the park in terms of performance but the vitriole against Ally is OTT, and the more you try to force him out the more he digs in - that's who the man is.

There comes a time when enough is enough pity we don't have a board with a pair balls...

Thats what gets me, he should see that he isnt a good enough manager, nearly everyone else can see it, i wish hed do the right thing and quit the manager role and take a PR role or something, it would save us from bickering and forcing him out, and would give another manager a year to work out the kinks. I dont believe for a minute that Ally really thinks hes done a good job, i just believe he wants to be a good manager so badly that no matter how bad it gets he wont quit on himself. Hes in danger of ruining his reputation, he'll always be my hero.but some already are calling him a cunt etc. He might win the championship but hes not good enough to win SPL so the board should get someone in now to give them a year before SPL.