Wii

MaD CoW

got mates round a lot, get a Wii but be aware they lose their novelty after a while, theres a couple of great games but if you want a REAL console, xbox 360 (or ps3 if you must...)

got mates round a lot, get a Wii but be aware they lose their novelty after a while, theres a couple of great games but if you want a REAL console, xbox 360 (or ps3 if you must...)

Totally agree mate, the novelty does ware off after a while. Still good when you've got sum mate round having a beer! Can b quite a good laugh. Still feel alot af the games are aimed at younger kids tho! Personally i go with the 360!!

I don't see the point in getting either at the moment. The Wii has about 2 good games and so does the PS3, which is very expensive. I would only consider getting a PS3 right now if you are determined to upgrade to Blu-ray ( a PS3 is cheaper than a Blu-ray player ).

360 is cheaper and has great games like Halo 3 and GTA on the near horizon and some great exclusives like Alan Wake, Fable 2, and Mass Effect coming soon.

• 4 weeks later...

our local has a wii and it was fun playing it but as mentioned above novelty would wear off very quickly, but it also depends what type of gamer are you and also it is really good exercise

The wii is a great console but like a few people have already said there are hardly any decent games for it. I Have a 360 and a wii and I would recommend the 360 just because of the better range of games for it. Gears of War is worth the price of the 360 alone.

I wouldn't bother with the 360. You can get 99% of the decent games on the PC. Gears of War PC will have extra content too.

Get a Wii when Mario comes out.

ha, playing gears on a pc?? talk about awkward. only games that are good for PC's are FPS and RTS.

Couple of good Wii games for playing after a few drinks with your mates. There is more than that though, Zelda is amazing, Resi Evil 4 is way better on the Wii with the better aiming with remote and the extras, Red Steal was surprisingly good, Mario Strikers is pretty good online, if slightly annoying and after the Wii i can't imagine playing Madden any other way. There's also alot more decent games coming out on it over next few months like Metroid, Mario Party etc.

I'd probably stick with a 360 for now though.

I wouldn't bother with the 360. You can get 99% of the decent games on the PC. Gears of War PC will have extra content too.

ha, playing gears on a pc?? talk about awkward. only games that are good for PC's are FPS and RTS.

Duh... you do realise that GoW is pretty much an FPS? If PC users could play GoW online with 360 users, they would destroy the 360 users.

You can also use the 360 controller with your PC. I've been playing Top Spin 2 and platformers on my PC.

Duh... you do realise that GoW is pretty much an FPS? If PC users could play GoW online with 360 users, they would destroy the 360 users.

You can also use the 360 controller with your PC. I've been playing Top Spin 2 and platformers on my PC.

for me, it's nothing like an FPS, its a third person shooter. and I disagree with PC players destroying xbox players.

for me, it's nothing like an FPS, its a third person shooter. and I disagree with PC players destroying xbox players.

But the crosshair is stuck to the middle of the screen, and you point it at the enemy you want to kill. It's an FPS with the camera moved to the shoulder.

And the 360 users vs PC users isn't really an argument, since the 360/PC game Shadowrun had to slow down the PC users mouse movement online so they wouldn't have the advantage over 360 users.