Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Anyone got an idea how comparable the finances of Derby are compared to Rangers, or do we only do that to detract from the managers victories :ph34r: just a thought :thumbup:

Can we keep this thread and wheel it our after every defeat omitting any victories in between defeats :pipe:

Keep the faith people (tu)

Anyone got an idea how comparable the finances of Derby are compared to Rangers, or do we only do that to detract from the managers victories :ph34r: just a thought :thumbup:

Can we keep this thread and wheel it our after every defeat omitting any victories in between defeats :pipe:

Aye, al keep the faith... Keep the faith that Ally McCoist will play defensive against teams like Hibs, Hearts and possibly even the likes of Raith Rovers. I'll keep the faith that even if we get out of this division, Ally McCoist will have us playing shit football, even in the premier league, and I dread to think what'll happen if we get back into European competition...

"Rangers vs Villa Real, Rangers line up 6-4-0"

Aye, al keep the faith... Keep the faith that Ally McCoist will play defensive against teams like Hibs, Hearts and possibly even the likes of Raith Rovers. I'll keep the faith that even if we get out of this division, Ally McCoist will have us playing shit football, even in the premier league, and I dread to think what'll happen if we get back into European competition...

"Rangers vs Villa Real, Rangers line up 6-4-0"

Or try to get the game abandoned because we only have 6 centre backs fit and available for selection.

Its ludicrous to sack a manager based on pre season but when you see zero progress on the pitch season after season then something asks you what the common denominator is.

We played piss poor in division 3 then made 8\9 additional players and still played rank rotten and now made another 4 and its still rotten. The only thing and the same management have picked and decided tactics formations etc.

We may have won the previous league and well done mccoist but its just getting worse and is a major turn off

McCoist should not be the manager.

I did not think he was a good choice when appointed but had no problem with it and hoped he would prove me wrong. I had no problem with it given his service to Rangers and his experience as both a player and Assistant Manager, which should have been the ideal apprenticeship.

Years later, and despite everything that has happened off the pitch, he has been a disaster.

His cup record is woeful and we have not lost to one decent side. It reads like a joke when you sit down and review who we have lost to. As far as I am concerned he should have gone after any of the cup defeats never mind looking at the collective position.

The quality and style of play has gone backwards every season and we have lost a once in a lifetime opportunity to build the football side of the club. Thanks to him and his lack of vision we are a cheque book club nothing more nothing less.

Having said all of that he is the manager of the club with approximately 72 hours to go until the start of the new season. We have no choice but to give his team, our club, 100% support. The time to call for his head is not now and we must give him the benefit of the doubt to prove many of us wrong. I'm not ecstatic about that but the support has had plenty of opportunities to let the Board know our opinion of the football and the manager but has not done so. For that reason there is no option to replace him at this point in time.

As for those wanting him out if we lose the first match or two this will never happen. It will take much more than 2 matches.

As for those wanting US to lose the first two matches to enforce a change, I would suggest that you aren't Rangers fans. Whilst it might be best in the long term to replace McCoist how can you wish for defeats to make this happen?

From the Telegraph site.

"Derby’s team cost only £2.2 million, including three frees, those two loans and two Academy graduates "

I think in the end it may boil down to money. Right now the Board cannot really lose if they keep Ally and his coaching staff. They have delivered in the last 2 seasons. They have some support in the media and if they are fired then that support may round on the Board if the successor did not deliver quickly. They (the Board) don't really need to confront this until around Christmas time when the key matter to consider would be - is the Manager and team on a course to deliver promotion at the end of this season? If the judgement is 'yes' (despite performances) then he would most likely remain. If the judgement was 'no' then solid justification would be there for change in terms of results up to that point. If the judgement was 'maybe' then my guess is he'd get the benefit of the doubt until it became clear later in the season whether or not he was going to deliver. If it became clear before season's end that promotion did not appear likely and if we were out of major cups then change before next season would seem to me to be inevitable. A second or more season in the Championship watching the dross on show during pre-season and during the latter part of last season from SPFL-quality players would - it seems to me - be a convincing demstration that enough time had been allowed and that there was insufficient ability to get the best out of (by Scottish standards) highly rewarded players.

Back to money - the cost of releasing them may be far preferable to the cost of missing out on promption for this season and maybe a second if there needed to be substatial rebuilding. It would boil down to weighing up which cost hit is the least painful to take for the sake of the Club. The period around Christmas and the AGM could be a very stressful time for everyone. More so if a funds are raised by the Board the Autumn with the SPFL in mind and if the performances were such that the promotion objective was threatened.

We are not going to sack a manager for losing a pre-season match. It is just stupid.

It's a mighty long list of fuck ups today is the cherry on the top, we were awful unsurprisingly even predictably McCoist will neverw be a manager as long as he has a hole in his arse, he is a sharp man and must realise that most of the fans would party of he got the gooner/walked,just do it Ally your taking us swiftly backwards yrs..

We are not going to sack a manager for losing a pre-season match. It is just stupid.

It's a mighty long list of fuck ups today is the cherry on the top, we were awful unsurprisingly even predictably McCoist will neverw be a manager as long as he has a hole in his arse, he is a sharp man and must realise that most of the fans would party of he got the gooner/walked,just do it Ally your taking us swiftly backwards yrs..

From the Telegraph site after their playoffs.

"Derby’s team cost only £2.2 million, including three frees, those two loans and two Academy graduates "

So let's say he wins those two games, everyone's just gawny be like "Aw fair play Ally mate, you're the right manager". What about the rest of the season after that though? When the performances become sluggish again, and the older signings he's made can't run the length of themselves, what then? We just say "well he beat hibs n hearts eh so lets leave um to it"

Calling for a manager to be sacked after a preseason game we weren't expected to win is ludicrous.

- The performances

- The tactics

- The formations

- The job for the boys mentality

- No long term strategy

Malmo, every cup competition and our style of play since under Ally.

Who remembers Jelavic up front himself and receiving high balls from Davis and Weir?.. Yes its been going on that long except Daly was doing it last season.

This will NOT change. If we get promoted we will play 4-5-1 and shite tactics against the sheep dundee utd celtic. Under Ally there is no way we will finish in the top 2 thats a certainty. Tims are shit but we are even worse and most of now is Allys fault. No more excuses I have heard enough of them.

Ally walk now because our club is slowing down and we will become a mediocre team on the park if you stay in charge.

I am pretty sure we wont beat Hearts next week I just know how we play and we will get beat 2-0 or something. At best a draw we wont deserve. Hibs on Tuesday will be interesting. I can see us losing it too. We are are just a poor show under Ally we have known it for ages and the results have papered over the real problems. Ally get out.

This is no reaction to Derby its just facts on what I have seen for too long