Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

I'm much more interested in criticising his managerial shortcomings than his media work, frankly.

That's fine but I tend to take everything into account and post match interviews like today need to be highlighted to remind ourselves what we are really dealing with here.

I'm not about to ignore these things because it's just another stick to beat him with, he's the same as any other manager out there and thus should receive the same level of scrutiny for the job he does. That job of course also covers representing this club on and off the park.

(tu)

No he said it affected the players whilst discussing the result and performance....that is deflection. Ally is smart with these little quips and gullible people like yourself continue to fall for it, it seems.

He actually spoke of the two topics independently, but whatever.

I get the impression that some people think the break-up will be easier to take if they convince themselves to hate Ally before it happens :lol:

That's fine but I tend to take everything into account and post match interviews like today need to be highlighted to remind ourselves what we are really dealing with here.

I'm not about to ignore these things because it's just another stick to beat him with, he's the same as any other manager out there and thus should receive the same level of scrutiny for the job he does. That job of course also covers representing this club on and off the park.

(tu)

I would agree with that. When he actually tried what he's being accused of here last season after we got dumped out of the cup he diminished himself. it was embarrassing. I just think this is people making something out of nothing, and it stinks of factionalism. Somebody asks him a question to try and make Ally vs Charles Green a thing again. Looks like they've succeeded.

He actually spoke of the two topics independently, but whatever.

I get the impression that some people think the break-up will be easier to take if they convince themselves to hate Ally before it happens :lol:

The break up as you call it will have supporters celebrating, Ally is making people hate him with his cowardly and gutless excuses that match or surpass the gutless and cowardly football on show. If he just took responsibility once instead of blaming everybody but himself we might at least say he is acting like a Ranger but right now the Ally of WDDWA and the Ally of today are light years apart.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist points the finger at Charles Green 'sideshow' in the wake of opening day defeat to Hearts

THE Rangers boss questioned the timing of the former chief executive's re-emergence at Ibrox in the wake of the Ibrox side's 2-1 defeat.

JS43763347.jpg Defejcted Rangers manager Ally McCoist walks off after the final whistle

ALLY McCOIST claims the "sideshow" at Rangers is beginning to affect some players as he took aim at former chief executive Charles Green in the wake of the Ibrox side's 2-1 opening day defeat to Championship rivals Hearts.

Rangers lost 2-1 to a Hearts side who are widely viewed as their main challengers for the Championship title this season and automatic promotion to the top flight.

However the manager took aim at Green in the wake of the defeat, which follows a week where the former chief executive re-emerged to claim he has investors ready to stabilise the club financially.

Gers fans subsequently threatened a formal boycott if Green was to return but there were over 43,683 at Ibrox as skipper Lee McCulloch unfurled the First Division title flag before the Govan Stand was officially renamed the Sandy Jardine Stand in memory of the Rangers and Hearts legend, who passed away in April after a long battle with cancer.

After a good start and several chances to open the scoring it soon all went wrong for Rangers with former defender Danny Wilson opened the scoring in the 52nd minute with a header from a Billy King corner and although Gers midfielder Nicky Law levelled as the game edged into six added minutes, Swedish striker Osman Sow grabbed a dramatic winner for the Jambos seconds later.

Afterwards Rangers boss McCoist was asked about the prospect of Green returning to the club in any sort of capacity.

"Whether he comes back or not remains to be seen," he said.

"I thought the timing of it again... it is a big day for the players, a big day for the supporters and even bigger day for Sandy Jardine's family.

"I just didn't think the timing of it was great.

"For the first time, one or two of the players actually said to me about the timing of all that kind of stuff.

"Everybody does their level best to keep players sheltered and away from it and we will continue to do that because they have to concentrate on results on the park.

"Sometimes it is a little bit of a sideshow we can do without."

The rhecord are absolutly desperate to take the heat off Mccoist.

I dont need to wonder why.

Every day this clueless imposter of a manager keeps his job is another day we are going nowhere.

He has held us back for years and cost us millions of pounds by wasting the glorious chance we had to rebuild properly.

Ally Durrant and Kenny need to go right now.

Why can't he just admit he got it wrong and we were poor?

Honestly why does he continually lie?

It's about to get ugly at Ibrox and it's his own damn fault

Was in the enclosure at time up letting rip and everyone else sat on their arse .It will take more than booing .Used to be a ST in the old enclosure and I can't believe how easy they were in him at time up .People were looking at me as if I shouldn't have been heckling him .Tell you guys if this happens again ,get your arses into the enclosure 5 mins from time and let him hear what you think .Not sure it will make a difference but there are things needing said to him .Depressed

The rhecord are absolutly desperate to take the heat off Mccoist.

I dont need to wonder why.

Every day this clueless imposter of a manager keeps his job is another day we are going nowhere.

He has held us back for years and cost us millions of pounds by wasting the glorious chance we had to rebuild properly.

Ally Durrant and Kenny need to go right now.

I wouldn't say they are trying to take the heat off him more that they know Ally cant resist a dig at Green and an attempt to insinuate this is somehow to blame, more troublemaking by the rheble and Ally gives them exactly what they wanted.

Perhaps he doesn't spend his entire life thinking about how best to not piss off people who are looking for things to get pissed off about.

maybe he fucking should then, given that his tactics, team selections and generally inability to actually pick the 11 best players we have is by far and away pissing everyone off

I know a poll on here can't speak for the whole Rangers support, but it's result speaks volumes for me. I respect Ally as a man but have absolutely no time for him as a manager and it's beginning to lower my overall opinion of him. He's been given chance after chance yet continues to fuck up. Sorry Ally but please do the honourable thing and walk with the little remaining dignity you have before you are hounded out.

He has to do the honourable thing, if he thinks he's not to blame then he's a very deluded man. As a player he took stick due his shit start, but he certainly proved everyone wrong. The problem is though, unlike his management - that was not over a good few years of poor performances.

If he stays in the job any longer he'll just prove more and more people right, and his tenure will end nastily when it could quite easily be done far more respectfully.,

Love Ally the striker, can't stand Ally the manager. The quicker he becomes Ally the striker again, the more easilly the wounds will heal. If this goes on any longer we may have to amputate.

I tell you what, its win win for the board if they get rid of Ally. Those fans who are currently unhappy going every week watching this pish will feel they are being listened too and those fans who have turned away because of the football would most likely renew under new optimism a new manager would bring.

Lads I just searched twitter and I've seen a couple of folk ask about an admin rumour?? Any of you seen this, would some this utter shambles of a club up in all honesty,

The Heart has been ripped from this great institution. From top to bottom we are a shadow of our great-selves

Lads I just searched twitter and I've seen a couple of folk ask about an admin rumour?? Any of you seen this, would some this utter shambles of a club up in all honesty,

The Heart has been ripped from this great institution. From top to bottom we are a shadow of our great-selves

Perhaps just the aftermath from Green's comments?

Everything has gone mate.

Standards

Expectations

You name it...it's all up in the air

Breaks my fucking heart