No...tactics, system, leadership or structure

theiconicman

I feel...nothing. I look deep down inside and I think, why bother?

I look at that performance today and I can't muster up the strength to be angry. I've seen the same faults, from the same players, too many times to feel actual anger any more. From top to bottom, on and off the park, we're a shambles.

Where to start?

Bell - He has no command of his box or his defenders. How many times does he challenge his defenders for balls that are his (or theirs) all day long? No communication between them, no organisation at set pieces. His kicking is woeful lately and his composure is non-existent. Too often he receives the ball from defenders and without lifting his head, hoofs it up the park.

Wallace - Has chucked it. Outstanding player for us but since January when he was linked with a move to Forest his performances have been below average. Used to bomb forward, was a great outlet but now he is often caught out of position.

Zaliukas - One of only 2 players to get pass marks and even then he is average.

McCulloch - Past it and should retire, slow, flat footed, terrible positioning.

Foster - Tries hard, rarely succeeds.

Macleod - Is not a winger nor a wide midfielder. He is a box to box midfielder who is wasted in our team.

Law - Mr Anonymous. He literally has no clue where he should be on a football pitch. Wanders chasing hopeless causes, gets passed around and arrives late to every play.

Black - Hardly tries at all, never succeeds with his Hollywood passes. Falls a lot.

Templeton - Rarely makes the right decision, often runs himself into losing possession.

Boyd - Has found the monster munch again it seems. Rarely won a header in 2 games, when he does, has no idea where his striking partner is or our midfielders.

Miller - Still has his industrial engine, still has his inability to control a ball.

Management team - Arms folded. No emotion, no desire, no clue how to change a game.

Tactics - We don't have any. Black and Law are the worst midfield duo I've ever seen and EVERY team has bossed our games because Black and Law are unable to dictate play. 5 at the back or 4, 4 in midfield or 5, we have no movement, noone will drive beyond to make a run in behind. How many teams play a high line against us because we have no pace up front and our midfielders take a nose bleed when contemplating making a run?

Boardroom - Thankfully have gone silent and off the pages, however has lost a vast swathe of support which is only going to further make our rebuilding job difficult.

I've never start a season being in such a downer as I have this season and I question whether I'll get any value out of my season book at all.

McCoist should do the honourable thing and move on with his management team. He's had 3 years in charge and he should feel honoured and instead spend the time with his new wife and young family. Give the reins over to someone else.

Never, from any team have I seen a more unbalanced, shambles of a setup than ours yesterday. It was painful.

Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall in our dressing room to see what the clown actually says to our players, probably cracks a few jokes and reads out the songs for the after match karaoke.

In all seriousness, none of our players play like they have any instructions from the dugout and actually look like they've gathered for a kick about up the park.

McCoist is the most un-inspirational manager I think I've ever seen in the dugout too. Not ONCE yesterday did he give any of the players the boot up the arse they needed, instead he stood with his arms folded looking like the clueless cunt he is.

£465 for a season ticket is a joke for what we've been getting served up for the past 3 years under this imposter. Won't be back until he's fucked off.

Can't argue with any of that Iconicman! Exactly how I feel.

I decided after the Ramsdens Cup Final that I would not renew my season ticket, and would not return until McCoist is gone - nothing to do with our board room 'wrangles' - everything to do with the dire aimless, disjointed, disorganised football we're playing.

We're a poor team, with no heart; no soul; no committment and no real talent or ability. We fail in all of the basics and often become a disorganised rabble.

The players are spoiled, lack any kind of motivation and are part of the McCoist 'blouse club'. Until we have a TOTAL change of the management team - McCoist, McDowell, Durrant etc. the team (and the club as a whole) has no future other than as 'also rans'.

Sad days for me that, after 40 years, I've come to this sorry pass. Never thought I'd see the day!

Also, our set pieces and crosses into the box are for the most part tame; and how many times do we see marked players just waiting to receive the ball instead of finding space. We seem to have little idea of how to attack and end up giving our opponents ample time to get numbers behind the ball. It is depressing how amateurish we are at this stage.

Agree with pretty much everything mate (tu)

However I think you're being a little harsh on Miller, I'm impressed with him, worked hard yesterday with fuck all to work with, never got one ball played in behind the hearts team to run onto.

Agree with everything else though, the shape, system and set up of the team is like McCoist picks formations and line ups with a dartboard. Excluding mcculloch, black and law obviously as they're mainstays. The lack of preparation is worrying, we've had all preseason to work on the style of play, the shape and work on drills, hibs the other night were so well drilled, and they were a laughing stock 3 months ago. You could see their three CB's splitting, making the space for the CM to drop short, four options for the Keeper to hit, we couldn't mark any of them. And when they did receive the ball, they knew what movements and runs everyone was making, they knew who would be open. We get the ball wide after a switch of play out to Foster, he is that shite you can literally see him stop the ball, look up, see nobody's open, waits a little longer, stops the ball for a second time as it's rolled a little bit. Goes back to Jig. Hump up the park.

It's been like that for years mind, we can all see it yet mcCoist will still persevere with his tried and trusted coaching methods.

I feel...nothing. I look deep down inside and I think, why bother?

I look at that performance today and I can't muster up the strength to be angry. I've seen the same faults, from the same players, too many times to feel actual anger any more. From top to bottom, on and off the park, we're a shambles.

Where to start?

Bell - He has no command of his box or his defenders. How many times does he challenge his defenders for balls that are his (or theirs) all day long? No communication between them, no organisation at set pieces. His kicking is woeful lately and his composure is non-existent. Too often he receives the ball from defenders and without lifting his head, hoofs it up the park.

Wallace - Has chucked it. Outstanding player for us but since January when he was linked with a move to Forest his performances have been below average. Used to bomb forward, was a great outlet but now he is often caught out of position.

Zaliukas - One of only 2 players to get pass marks and even then he is average.

McCulloch - Past it and should retire, slow, flat footed, terrible positioning.

Foster - Tries hard, rarely succeeds.

Macleod - Is not a winger nor a wide midfielder. He is a box to box midfielder who is wasted in our team.

Law - Mr Anonymous. He literally has no clue where he should be on a football pitch. Wanders chasing hopeless causes, gets passed around and arrives late to every play.

Black - Hardly tries at all, never succeeds with his Hollywood passes. Falls a lot.

Templeton - Rarely makes the right decision, often runs himself into losing possession.

Boyd - Has found the monster munch again it seems. Rarely won a header in 2 games, when he does, has no idea where his striking partner is or our midfielders.

Miller - Still has his industrial engine, still has his inability to control a ball.

Management team - Arms folded. No emotion, no desire, no clue how to change a game.

Tactics - We don't have any. Black and Law are the worst midfield duo I've ever seen and EVERY team has bossed our games because Black and Law are unable to dictate play. 5 at the back or 4, 4 in midfield or 5, we have no movement, noone will drive beyond to make a run in behind. How many teams play a high line against us because we have no pace up front and our midfielders take a nose bleed when contemplating making a run?

Boardroom - Thankfully have gone silent and off the pages, however has lost a vast swathe of support which is only going to further make our rebuilding job difficult.

I've never start a season being in such a downer as I have this season and I question whether I'll get any value out of my season book at all.

McCoist should do the honourable thing and move on with his management team. He's had 3 years in charge and he should feel honoured and instead spend the time with his new wife and young family. Give the reins over to someone else.

No fair minded and impartial supporter could disagree with the vast majority of what the OP says.

I have said from day one that Ally did nothing to deserve the appointment and has done nothing since to deserve keeping it.

Out thought twice in six days, by novice managers who have had a fraction of the time / resources to put together teams on the park who looked better organized.

Have attended games for 43 years but this is a new level of incompetence from the management team.

I know know how the old man felt about Greig and how he constnatly reminds me that this is history repeating itself.

Why can't guys like this face the music and do what's best for us as a club?

There is no enjoyment or pride watching the club anymore, it's become a burden and a joke.

3 years of utter pish going nowhere fast.

Inventiveness, passion to play for Rangers, hunger and desire to win and win well have all been frozen as thoroughly as a seized-up computer screen. Press pressing the Rangers managerial and coaching equivalent of control-alt-delete all they like it does not look like the problems will be fixed by those currently in charge of the team.

Like the frozen screen the tactics and effort on the pitch will sit there paralyzed unable to cope with the increasing pressure while we the Support all sit there powerlessly in the stadium watching it all.