Player Development Under Ally

Watching the game yesterday my old man highlighted a key point that had never crossed my mind.

We have signed the likes of Templeton, Clark, Law & Faure under mccoist, players who at time they joined the club looked as if they could have potential to develop into deccent rangers players (ok maybe not faure)

But looking at these player performances they seem to be stagnant with there development, if anything templeton and wallace have went back a stage, defientedly in wallaces case compaired to when walter was manager.

it now looks that we will not make a profit from these players both on the field and from selling them on.

i'm just wondering if anyone could highlight any player who has excelled under ally? This again highlighting that his player coaching ability could be as bad as his game management

Watching the game yesterday my old man highlighted a key point that had never crossed my mind.

We have signed the likes of Templeton, Clark, Law & Faure under mccoist, players who at time they joined the club looked as if they could have potential to develop into deccent rangers players (ok maybe not faure)

But looking at these player performances they seem to be stagnant with there development, if anything templeton and wallace have went back a stage, defientedly in wallaces case compaired to when walter was manager.

it now looks that we will not make a profit from these players both on the field and from selling them on.

i'm just wondering if anyone could highlight any player who has excelled under ally? This again highlighting that his player coaching ability could be as bad as his game management

Remarkable that Wallace would be less effective in a shiter team.

Law, Templeton, Clark and Faure have shown the potential to develop into decent Rangers players? Not sure about that tbh. Maybe they're just not very good.

think people need to lay off Templeton, he's been injured most of his time with us, he needs game time to get clinical with his play.

He's been injured most of his career and we knew this when we brought him in.

He will always be the same, he's not a kid anymore either. He a luxury we can ill afford.

He's been injured most of his career and we knew this when we brought him in.

He will always be the same, he's not a kid anymore either. He a luxury we can ill afford.

he was a stand out player at Hearts and he looks to have built up slightly. He will come good this season (tu)

he was a stand out player at Hearts and he looks to have built up slightly. He will come good this season (tu)

No he wasn't. He was always seen by Hearts fans as injury prone and inconsistent.

Funnily enough, with us he's turned out to be injury prone and inconsistent.

When a Player at our Club gets to the Fringes of our First Team they Regress due to our Managements Inability to take those Players further.

Look at Mckay as an Example ,when he came in he was decent and had a decent First runin the Thrid Div.

He got Stale, and then was Benched due to a Different Patern of Football System being applied from Mcoist.

Most of this System Mcoist he has used since then has not suited the more skilled Players in our Team, for example Playing 451 at Berwick, and Forfar in the Cup and Places like Stenhousemuir .

Our Manager is not a Development Manager, and is a Buying Manager ,and his ability to further these Skillful Young Players is non existent, and is obvious which way

Mcoist the Manager is Going with these Young Boys.They have no chance.

Its a Balance I understand that, but we havent got the Managerial Set up under Ally to take these Boys any further in the First Team.

Its sickening, and is Heartbreaking to watch as I like the Young Boy Galacher, Aird and Mcloed ,but im afraid these Boys will be nowhere near our First Team, if and when we go up.

Promotion is far from Certain with this Team.IMO

If you actually see some of the training we do., is it.any wonder that players dont realise their potential.

Arrival at MP 830. Breakfast on training park for 10. Warm up of 20 mins. Players running around the park. Playing piggy in the middle and then a warm down for 20 mins and off out the door by 1pm.

No tactical set up. No technical ball drills carried out. No set play practices

Nothing.

So it seems to me when the players are developjng.away from the 1st team, they are probably working on such things a wee bit more than they do

Added to that i believe we over coach players in the tactical side of the game.

Walter.smith gave gazza and laudo free roles as they cpuld not be restricted in their play. But sometimes when you watch young wingers at our club they look as if they are holding back. Not encouraged to play with a.free.spirit. they feel and look like they need to be fully awate of the tactical position ally wants them.in, rather than go ahead and play your own game. Yeah clearly when defending.etc.there has to be tactical positioning etc

.but if they boy has ability let him show us. Smith restricted most of his players except the 2 genuises above.

Do the players also want to improve? Does anyone stay behind to work on the delivery of.a ball from wide positions etc. Corners free kicks. Probably not. So there has to be that desire to improve. Or are the kids think i have made it?

So many questions and not enough answers.

With pre season over with we should be doing a little amount of running to satisfy the fitness coach but we should be working on lur technical side of the game.

Double sessions . Afternoons filled with technical skills. It needs to be addressed

MacLeod and Aird to an extent are the ONLY players to make any sort of progression under this regime. Every single signing has went ten steps backwards.

MacLeod hasnt progressed as much as he should have. Granted hes been injured, but 2 stick him on the wing is farcical.

If you actually see some of the training we do., is it.any wonder that players dont realise their potential.

Arrival at MP 830. Breakfast on training park for 10. Warm up of 20 mins. Players running around the park. Playing piggy in the middle and then a warm down for 20 mins and off out the door by 1pm.

No tactical set up. No technical ball drills carried out. No set play practices

Nothing.

So it seems to me when the players are developjng.away from the 1st team, they are probably working on such things a wee bit more than they do

Added to that i believe we over coach players in the tactical side of the game.

Walter.smith gave gazza and laudo free roles as they cpuld not be restricted in their play. But sometimes when you watch young wingers at our club they look as if they are holding back. Not encouraged to play with a.free.spirit. they feel and look like they need to be fully awate of the tactical position ally wants them.in, rather than go ahead and play your own game. Yeah clearly when defending.etc.there has to be tactical positioning etc

.but if they boy has ability let him show us. Smith restricted most of his players except the 2 genuises above.

Do the players also want to improve? Does anyone stay behind to work on the delivery of.a ball from wide positions etc. Corners free kicks. Probably not. So there has to be that desire to improve. Or are the kids think i have made it?

So many questions and not enough answers.

With pre season over with we should be doing a little amount of running to satisfy the fitness coach but we should be working on lur technical side of the game.

Double sessions . Afternoons filled with technical skills. It needs to be addressed

Le Guen tried the double sessions. Players didnt like it, didnt perform for him, the fans got on his back for results. Got the guy sacked.

MacLeod hasnt progressed as much as he should have. Granted hes been injured, but 2 stick him on the wing is farcical.

Couldn't agree more with this, even taking into account his injuries I'd expect him to be a main stay in the middle of the park now. Ally shoe horns him into the team and sticks him on the right, he is easily our best player - why are we not building our team around him?

Wallace is a class player and is better at Rangers than I remember him ever being at Hearts. I think he's just a class player and I'm not so sure it has anything to do with man management by Ally. Others have showed potential but get a limited run in the team until Ally puts his favourites back in and they get dropped to the bench.

We are developing them into the next generation of painters and decorators, probably why we got Black in to help them develop further. Least they could do is sort the stadium out.

As for the footballing side of things, well we will need to buy a new team next year anyway as Ally can't do it with this lot.....

Le Guen tried the double sessions. Players didnt like it, didnt perform for him, the fans got on his back for results. Got the guy sacked.

Thay never got him the sack. The.fact that ferguson and him didnt see eye to eye on the role of captain in the british game and the power ferguson had in the dressing room got him the sack.If the players dont want to develop then as far as i am concerned there is no place for them here. Take ur piss poor ability and take is somewhere else where you can take the piss out of the fans. Its not double training sessions involving running the way we seem to think it is ok and part of the training regime in scotland. Its not.

Couldn't agree more with this, even taking into account his injuries I'd expect him to be a main stay in the middle of the park now. Ally shoe horns him into the team and sticks him on the right, he is easily our best player - why are we not building our team around him?

Because we have a management trio who would struggle to build lego never mind build a football team.