• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

article-1360747-0D402C7A000005DC-666_634x407.jpg

ally can only dream of being in the same position

/thread

Did very well, got the very best out of the players at the club at the time.

Remind me how his rebuilding went?

Every club he has been at the pattern has been the same. Did well initially with the players he inherited was found out once he had time to assemble his own team.

Gave me some treasured memories, thanks but no thanks.

Who would you put in charge on a caretaker basic....... jig ?

Thats a good question, would McCulloch do it? With his attitude, would McCulloch be a good option in the future?

Me personally, i dont have a clue who we'd go for at this point!

Even Stewart McCall?

Big upgrade but as I said I'd rather go with someone with no connection to us.

Too many clouded judgements on former players, look at us today...McCoist would have been chased a long time ago had he not been a former Ranger.

Did very well, got the very best out of the players at the club at the time.

Remind me how his rebuilding went?

Every club he has been at the pattern has been the same. Did well initially with the players he inherited was found out once he had time to assemble his own team.

Gave me some treasured memories, thanks but no thanks.

well he'll be inheriting an under achieving team, so thats a start

plus his rebuilding wasnt too bad, aye his second full season was awful, but the 3rd was memorable big time, and he could spot the odd gem in the bosman market, he certainly looked further out than the scottish borders

remember eck made us a transfer profit, along with 2 titles from 4 and a fuck load of european cash, ally canny even get us the prize money from the fucking ramsdens cup (tu)

well he'll be inheriting an under achieving team, so thats a start

plus his rebuilding wasnt too bad, aye his second full season was awful, but the 3rd was memorable big time, and he could spot the odd gem in the bosman market, he certainly looked further out than the scottish borders

remember eck made us a transfer profit, along with 2 titles from 4 and a fuck load of european cash, ally canny even get us the prize money from the fucking ramsdens cup (tu)

All good points, would still rather look forward at someone younger and more progressive though.

All good points, would still rather look forward at someone younger and more progressive though.

younger and progressive wont have the time though mate, we need promotion this season purely for financial reasons, had we used the younger and future thinking manager in division 3 he'd be 2 years into his project and we could see if the results were promising or not

but right now we need a short term shot in the arm, remember when big eck came in mid season for wee dick, the turn around from that moment was magnificent, a cup double in his first 6 months of the job

im sure we could get eck to fix this mess this season, and ask him to punch us above our weight in the premiership for a season or 2

then we hopefully be in a better position financially and can thank him for his work and bring in a younger replacement, hell the younger guy could even work for 2 years with him to learn the clubs traits

For me its extremely important that we get a manager with vision and his own philosophy. No more short term cheque book managers. We need to be able to live within our means whilst being as successful as we were before admin. Thats completely possible if we pick the right manager and the board stick by him.

Theres some excellent managers in the championship and league 1 who are like the above and we should be able to attract.

If we end up humped with some uninspiring manager like McCall, McInnes, Calderwood, McLeish etc I'll be utterly depressed

Big upgrade but as I said I'd rather go with someone with no connection to us.

Too many clouded judgements on former players, look at us today...McCoist would have been chased a long time ago had he not been a former Ranger.

I agree. I think it's going to take a massive banner in the Sandy Stand ( the Broomie and Copland would help too) pointing right at the directors telling them that us fans want him gone.

I haven't met a Rangers fan in a while now who doesn't want him punted.