new manager

Craigferguson

If Ally goes then the job should be open to applications I would expect Ally and the coaching team could be paid monthly till the end of their years rolling contract was up. That would not impact on the cash flow. If it was felt that a new manager would take time then I would get someone in on a monthly basis with the provision that they would be considered for the job full time if they produced results. Names for this that are available would be Billy Davies or Jimmy Calderwood. I would also put at notice the head of the youth system Jimmy Sinclair (I think) . Get a new head of youth development in let him review the whole system and other coaches and take I from there.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now how many managers do u think we can afford to come in to replace ally and backroom staff. Also who would be your ideal candidate and ideal backroom staff??

Take off the wish list any manager earning over £800K for obvious reasons and that still leaves you an awful lot of managers to choose from, assuming that is some of them are better than Ally. :lol:

If are looking close to home then I would say McCall would be better than McInnes as he has done pretty well consistanly for years now in Scotland and has proved he can get the best out of players on a tight budget

However looking "outside the box" there are plenty of managers who would love to take on the rangers job despite the current situation

Gio? Laudrups? Who knows

Or go for someone with no previous connection with the club?

id do it, and i would do it for a grand a week and no bonus

first thing on the agenda is telling wallace to actively look for new clubs for jig, black, law and foster, sign up macleod and aird on a new 5 year deal with performance based bonuses, and promote gasparotto and mckay to the first team squad

switch to a 4231 in the tough away games and a 442 at ibrox for every single game, get the players to focus on passing the ball from the defence to the midfield and no missing the midfield out, get the ball out wide as much as possible, isolate the fullbacks on the other team and feed boyd in the box

id also book double training sessions, the afternoon sessions we work on the system needed for that weekend coming

Derek Adams with Albertz as his assistant manager. Derek has played in a few different leagues, knows what winning promotion is all about, tries to get his team playing good football. Albertz is there to boot players in the balls if it looks like they're not trying (tu)

Not sure about the likes of Numan and Laudrup. Don't get me wrong those guys are class acts that know how to play the game we want to see it being played. Problem is there's no experience or proven track record and look at how that turned out with Ally.

We don't need a Rangers man in charge. All we need is someone who has experience and is committed to youth development and playing an entertaining brand of football. That's all.

Stale stensaas. He is meant to be the best coach in scandanavia. Never done it as a player but you know the old adage. He iz so respected in scandanavia and is currently managing the rosenberg youth yeam.

Give him his first crack at management in a decent environment. Bring his own people in.

At rosenberg they have it established on their club ethos that they will strive to play attacking and entertaining football. So thats a start. Maybe laudo as coach????

Mark Robins was sacked by Huddersfield Town after one game in charge and they've got 50 odd applications for the job already.

I'm sure if we opened ourselves up to applications we'd receive a fair number...

is it to much to ask us to get a manager and backroom staff who can read a game and change whenever and possibly get the team to pass a ball our football is f---g shocking we have not progressed in the last three years we are nothing more than a pub team

is it to much to ask us to get a manager and backroom staff who can read a game and change whenever and possibly et te team t pass a ball our football if---g shocking we have not progressed in the last three years we are nothing more than a pub team