Who thought this would be easy?

KeyserSoze

…. Not me, sure I wanted a chance to develop our youth system, our scouting network, our brand as a world renowned famous football team. I wanted a different football philosophy in and around this great club and a chance to put Rangers squarely back at the top, hungry solvent and proud.

But now I realise that this was never going to happen, not until the end game was achieved – successive league titles until promotion to the premiership, not cups – titles! And yes at any cost, sore on the eyes as it may be.

If that looks like it is not going to happen in the shortest time possible, only then will Ally be sacked not before it.

We cannot risk ploughing/gambling any of our very limited resources into any of our structures only to come third in the league – that would be the biggest fucking disaster of them all. My guess is that would be harder to recover from than anything else.

So shite as our football style is, as poor as our Manager is perceived to be, he has delivered what I believe has been his only objective and with players, by the way who have, despite our poor style, delivered two consecutive titles at an absolute canter . I believe this season will be no different despite an early set back.

So if you thought our journey back would be easy – then in winning terms you are correct it has been. If you thought it would be fantastic silky football by a combination of youth and flare players developed by highly skilled coaches, then you are wrong. In our case, at this point in time, winning firmly outweighs the other. People are angry because it is not both, it was never going to be.

When we return to our rightful place in Scottish football then we will demand both winning and style, until then we need to get out of this fucking league and as far away from the arse end of Scottish football as possible.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah.

Fans have a right to expect to beat a Hearts team flung together in a few months at Ibrox.

Fans expect us to beat a Hibs team torn apart and filled with youth in normal time at Ibrox.

The one thing most of us are united with is that McCoist needs to go and as soon as possible.

It seems some folk are desperate for him to get as much time as possible depsite out staying his welcome for over 3 years.

…. Not me, sure I wanted a chance to develop our youth system, our scouting network, our brand as a world renowned famous football team. I wanted a different football philosophy in and around this great club and a chance to put Rangers squarely back at the top, hungry solvent and proud.

But now I realise that this was never going to happen, not until the end game was achieved – successive league titles until promotion to the premiership, not cups – titles! And yes at any cost, sore on the eyes as it may be.

If that looks like it is not going to happen in the shortest time possible, only then will Ally be sacked not before it.

We cannot risk ploughing/gambling any of our very limited resources into any of our structures only to come third in the league – that would be the biggest fucking disaster of them all. My guess is that would be harder to recover from than anything else.

So shite as our football style is, as poor as our Manager is perceived to be, he has delivered what I believe has been his only objective and with players, by the way who have, despite our poor style, delivered two consecutive titles at an absolute canter . I believe this season will be no different despite an early set back.

So if you thought our journey back would be easy – then in winning terms you are correct it has been. If you thought it would be fantastic silky football by a combination of youth and flare players developed by highly skilled coaches, then you are wrong. In our case, at this point in time, winning firmly outweighs the other. People are angry because it is not both, it was never going to be.

When we return to our rightful place in Scottish football then we will demand both winning and style, until then we need to get out of this fucking league and as far away from the arse end of Scottish football as possible.

What about the precious resource we've gambled on Cribari, Faure, Daly, Smith, Foster, Sandaza, Kyle, resigning Hutton. At a guess we could have had two or three development coaches/scouts instead of these donkeys. Ally moans about the budget but he's the one that's pissed what he's been given up the wall.

Fuck off with that pish.

There's absolutely no excuse that with the players and resources we have that we shouldn't have walked these lower leagues playing decent football. We have been playing some truly god awful teams but managing to struggle against them with SPL standard players.

Ally is fucking useless and you're an excuse making shitebag.

On pre-season and the last couple of games we will be lucky to finish mid table....any more of that kind of football and punters will be deserting in droves....Friday is massive.

This has been the mantra since league 2 the same rhetoric over and over again - "the next game is massive, a tipping point, we will be lucky to win...." yet still we plough on.

Also, I've every confidence that pretty much any manager in football could have taken half the budget McCoist had and won us promotion these past two seasons. It's hardly something to measure success by, success would have been him gaining us promotion whilst improving the future of the team both on and off the pitch. A good manager isn't just incharge of picking the starting eleven.

I didnt expect it to be easy, I also didnt expect it to be so unbearable. I didnt think it would be so frustrating. I expected us to start off shaky, then to progress, get further in the cups and hammer a few teams in the league. I didnt expect to thinking "meh" after going undefeated in the league because the games were so bad. I didnt expect to want Ally gone. Remember folk saying how fun it was in 3rd division? It was for 1/2 the season, it hasnt been fun since.

I do believe that this board debacle (which is mostly the fault of these rebel fans groups who should get a grip and give up IMO, how long you boycotting STs for? The board dont seem to be going anywhere regardless of your protests so what good are you doing the club now?) has played a big part in the downfall, there clearly isnt a good morale anywhere in Ibrox and this obviously affects the players and staff, if these uncertainties hadnt been clouding over the club I dont think we'd be the way we are now.

This shouldnt be as easy and it shouldnt be a walk in the park as some on here expect. With it being so bad people remember the good times as being perfect when they werent, weve been pretty shite for years. Dozens of cup games went to extra time and thinking "fuck sake, 30 more mins of this shite?!" and thats long long before Ally was manager, so some people need a reality check and realize that while we are shite, its not ALL down to Ally.

That being said, we should have beat Hearts, we should be playing better, we should be impressing, theres no more excuses, weve got the big wage bill, weve got the stadium, the fans, and 2 years to prepare. Theres no more excuses for this shite football were playing, there literally is no excuse because the manager and players have been doing the same thing for 2 years without changing it. So theyre clearly not good enough. When we won the league last season I thought "we didnt deserve to lose the league, but we certainly didnt deserve to win it and jump about feeling like champions" and I hope the players know that because no matter how good winning the division and receiving a bonus feel the fans still have to sit through the same shite. Going to Ibrox feels like an obligation sometimes.

Something has got to fucking give here, the entire club - the players, coaches, staff, youth development, the board, the fans, every aspect of this club is a fucking shambles. Something needs to give to get a change started, and one thing that most people agree on, other than a couple trolls, tims and some genuine fans with differing opinion, is that Ally is not good enough, not a leader and not capable of taking us forward and should be sacked, its time the board stood up and done something to save this club.

Does anyone like BP9 or others who support Ally genuinely think hes going to lead us to the SPL champions and then into Europe? Time and time again he has been tested by bigger teams and failed and his whole team will be caught out this season.

Fuck off with that pish.

There's absolutely no excuse that with the players and resources we have that we shouldn't have walked these lower leagues playing decent football. We have been playing some truly god awful teams but managing to struggle against them with SPL standard players.

Ally is fucking useless and you're an excuse making shitebag.

I don't think we have many SPL standard players, who do you think are SPL standard? if we had SPL standard players we would have walked the lower leagues playing decent football. dont you think.

The manager has made a whole host of poor decisions on who he has signed, his tactics etc... but my point is that as long as he wins titles he will not be sacked. Once we return to the premiership only then can we make the changes we all really want, because only then will we attract some better investment to help build the infrastructure currently missing.

I don't think we have many SPL standard players, who do you think are SPL standard? if we had SPL standard players we would have walked the lower leagues playing decent football. dont you think.

The manager has made a whole host of poor decisions on who he has signed, his tactics etc... but my point is that as long as he wins titles he will not be sacked. Once we return to the premiership only then can we make the changes we all really want, because only then will we attract some better investment to help build the infrastructure currently missing.

You at it aye?

We brought in Templeton on the back of European football and scoring against Liverpool at Anfield.

We brought Black in on the back of a Scottish cup winning season and being one of the best players on the park.

We brought Shiles from Killie when he was a league cup winner and scoring goals. Bell too

We brought Law in from Motherwell when he was widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the SPL out with the tims.

So aye we have plenty 'SPL standard' players, just because they have turned to shite under our current regime does not mean they were not some of the better players in Scotlands top flight before they came here.

:lol:

A lot of the shite we signed played in the SPL out width Rangers and Celtic. The standard of player at our club may be shite but it is far higher than that of clubs in the second and third divisions.

Playing part timers with a team on professional contracts and struggling through :anguish:

I didnt expect it to be easy, I also didnt expect it to be so unbearable. I didnt think it would be so frustrating. I expected us to start off shaky, then to progress, get further in the cups and hammer a few teams in the league. I didnt expect to thinking "meh" after going undefeated in the league because the games were so bad. I didnt expect to want Ally gone. Remember folk saying how fun it was in 3rd division? It was for 1/2 the season, it hasnt been fun since.

I do believe that this board debacle (which is mostly the fault of these rebel fans groups who should get a grip and give up IMO, how long you boycotting STs for? The board dont seem to be going anywhere regardless of your protests so what good are you doing the club now?) has played a big part in the downfall, there clearly isnt a good morale anywhere in Ibrox and this obviously affects the players and staff, if these uncertainties hadnt been clouding over the club I dont think we'd be the way we are now.

This shouldnt be as easy and it shouldnt be a walk in the park as some on here expect. With it being so bad people remember the good times as being perfect when they werent, weve been pretty shite for years. Dozens of cup games went to extra time and thinking "fuck sake, 30 more mins of this shite?!" and thats long long before Ally was manager, so some people need a reality check and realize that while we are shite, its not ALL down to Ally.

That being said, we should have beat Hearts, we should be playing better, we should be impressing, theres no more excuses, weve got the big wage bill, weve got the stadium, the fans, and 2 years to prepare. Theres no more excuses for this shite football were playing, there literally is no excuse because the manager and players have been doing the same thing for 2 years without changing it. So theyre clearly not good enough. When we won the league last season I thought "we didnt deserve to lose the league, but we certainly didnt deserve to win it and jump about feeling like champions" and I hope the players know that because no matter how good winning the division and receiving a bonus feel the fans still have to sit through the same shite. Going to Ibrox feels like an obligation sometimes.

Something has got to fucking give here, the entire club - the players, coaches, staff, youth development, the board, the fans, every aspect of this club is a fucking shambles. Something needs to give to get a change started, and one thing that most people agree on, other than a couple trolls, tims and some genuine fans with differing opinion, is that Ally is not good enough, not a leader and not capable of taking us forward and should be sacked, its time the board stood up and done something to save this club.

Does anyone like BP9 or others who support Ally genuinely think hes going to lead us to the SPL champions and then into Europe? Time and time again he has been tested by bigger teams and failed and his whole team will be caught out this season.

You make some excellent points, a shambles from root to branch we seem to be - but I cannot find it in me to become bitter about it all, the kicking we have taken over the years, the media shit, the court cases - I want to support the team as loyally as possible because without that we become just another mid table mediocre club whose fans expect second best. We deserve better, we are the greatest club in the world but our situation just now hugely dictates our on field antics. I have said Ally is not the manager I want to see take us to those european nights, he won't be able to anyway as he hasn't got the why for to do so.... but every day in this fucking league is a day too long, change will only come when we start losing games on a regular basis, because it is not about fancy football to entertain.

We knew it wasn't going to be easy but after turning out in our thousands every week to support Rangers, what we are been given back is fucking awful. We deserve better, we pay to watch that shite, train tickets, fuel, RSC buses, all adds up.

Meanwhile Ally, McDonut and Durrant stand at the side of the pitch arms folded or hands in pockets doing fuck all and get paid to do that. No wonder they don't want to fucking leave :lol:

You at it aye?

We brought in Templeton on the back of European football and scoring against Liverpool at Anfield.

We brought Black in on the back of a Scottish cup winning season and being one of the best players on the park.

We brought Shiles from Killie when he was a league cup winner and scoring goals. Bell too

We brought Law in from Motherwell when he was widely regarded as one of the best midfielders in the SPL out with the tims.

So aye we have plenty 'SPL standard' players, just because they have turned to shite under our current regime does not mean they were not some of the better players in Scotlands top flight before they came here.

You could add

Foster & Zaliukus - nearly 500 SPL appearances between them

Jon Daly - nominated for POTY a couple of seasons before we signed him

Wallace - one of the top full back prospects in Scotland when we have Hearts a million quid for him.

To say we have players who are barely SPL standard is flat out rubbish.

I was wondering when the first defensive post of Ally would bear fruit.

I tell you something we're Rangers, it should be fucking easy. No if's or buts.

We're not Rangers though, not as I know them. We're a shambolically run club and have been for the last decade or so. While we're trying to climb out of the gutter maybe people should be a bit more circumspect in what we've been reduced to and where we are on the journey back. We're getting there slowly and there aint no magic wand nor is there a sugar daddy on the horizon with a wad that'll have us back to being the Rangers I know and love. In the meantime though, I'll support the club positively.

You could add

Foster & Zaliukus - nearly 500 SPL appearances between them

Jon Daly - nominated for POTY a couple of seasons before we signed him

Wallace - one of the top full back prospects in Scotland when we have Hearts a million quid for him.

To say we have players who are barely SPL standard is flat out rubbish.

Wallace aside, just because these players played a lot of times in teams that won next to nothing does not make them a good footballer, it just makes them a footballer in a team that hardly wins anything..... we then get them and they become a footballer in a team that wins nearly every game in a shite league.

I have no doubt there will be a cull when we arrive back in the premiership and that includes our management team.

We're not Rangers though, not as I know them. We're a shambolically run club and have been for the last decade or so. While we're trying to climb out of the gutter maybe people should be a bit more circumspect in what we've been reduced to and where we are on the journey back. We're getting there slowly and there aint no magic wand nor is there a sugar daddy on the horizon with a wad that'll have us back to being the Rangers I know and love. In the meantime though, I'll support the club positively.

Accept failure? Not a fucking chance.