Alistair on Lee Wallace.

bawsburst

Well, that is true, but that wasn't a 'he is staying put' either.

We’ve had absolutely no contact from Brighton and Hove Albion at all and no, I don’t expect him to go.

“I’d be hopeful as manager of the club that we can keep our best players and Lee certainly falls into that category.”

fixtures1%20copy.jpg

this is as close as you are going to get to "he is going nowhere"

Ally can't give that guarantee. It's out of his hands. it's up to the board to accept or knock back any offers that come in, and up to the player if he decides to go to that club.

With Season books being as low as they are, it would not surprise me in the slightest if we did sell him to try and help balance out the shortfall in ST.

fixtures1%20copy.jpg

this is as close as you are going to get to "he is going nowhere"

Ally can't give that guarantee. It's out of his hands. it's up to the board to accept or knock back any offers that come in, and up to the player if he decides to go to that club.

With Season books being as low as they are, it would not surprise me in the slightest if we did sell him to try and help balance out the shortfall in ST.

Hopefully he stays. If Lee goes then it would be a pity, for him and us. Next season we will hopefully be looking for more players of his calibre, and it would be good if he was to become part of the clubs rise back to the top.

Hopefully he stays. If Lee goes then it would be a pity, for him and us. Next season we will hopefully be looking for more players of his calibre, and it would be good if he was to become part of the clubs rise back to the top.

i agree. I'd like him to stay, but if an offer of over a million comes in, I think they would bite and accept it. That doesn't mean Lee would chose to move to whatever club bids.

i agree. I'd like him to stay, but if an offer of over a million comes in, I think they would bite and accept it. That doesn't mean Lee would chose to move to whatever club bids.

I don't agree. I'd like the club to make a statement of intent that selling players, especially our best players, for either their market value, or even around that figure, are well and truly over. Rangers will need Lee Wallace, and players like him, next season, and that will cost.

I don't agree. I'd like the club to make a statement of intent that selling players, especially our best players, for either their market value, or even around that figure, are well and truly over. Rangers will need Lee Wallace, and players like him, next season, and that will cost.

I'm sure they'd love to oblige but with a section of former fans starving the clubs income choices will have to be made somewhere.

How can they guarantee anything when the blue tims are out to wreck their every move.

Interesting to see the Manager referring to speculation about a player (Lee W) reporting on who is not going to be in the team on Friday and next Monday, the fact that a bounce game against a U20 side was played where we scored 4 but somehow still managed to lose 2, and that Peralta is injured and unavailable for an undermined period of time. Business as usual then. Sunday's game and the causes for such poor form has been dropped from the dicussion list - its rear view mirror - history. I suppose in his shoes many would do the same and just talk about stuff going on today with a view to what's games are just around the corner. No point in risking more criticism. A midweek update on bau stuff to keep the communications ticking over.

Fair enough. Just so long as behind the scenes a bit of Fergie-style 'now get this you dozy lot' galvanising has been going on with the outcome being a vastly improved performance against Falkirk on Friday - a win for a start and with an improvement in quality of play.

In recent times we've had various players saying stuff before games where the product has not matched the words. Best they do their talking on the pitch. Friday's game will be a good test about how this current Rangers squad can start to respond to what has been a less than encouraging start to the season.

I'm more interested in his comments about the fact that the majority of fans are disgusted with his performance and want him out.

He must know, the Board should know and the media certainly know and it is incredible the issue is being ignored by all of the key players.

All it takes is one of the cowards to ask, what about you Ally, the fans want Lee to stay but you to go.

if Brighton came in with a £1m plus offer and we accepted it and used the cash to pay up McCoist and his cronies contracts and get them out the door, meaning we got a new manager and had to go with Stevie Smith at LB would we be happy?

i would probably accept it if it meant a change in style and approach