So whos been saying we will win this league easily?

KingKirk

According to the clown in the dugout those first 2 games should prove its not going to be easy? I may of missed something but who has said it would be easy. certainly not the fans that I have spoke to around me at Ibrox.. Weather it will be easy or not has not been the topic of conversation..Is the dud really that much out of touch with the fans.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me. I still think we can kick on from here. I still feel we will be more consistent over the course of the season than all of our rivals.

I admit I am less confident of the points margin ( I had predicted as high as 20 points), but I still feel we will win this comfortably.

My worry is the performances don't improve enough to keep the paying fans entertained, and the crowds continuing to dwindle.

I still think we'll win it by 10+ points in the end.

This. It isn't an endorsement of the team being great, or the manager being great. I just think we will have more in the tank over the course of the season. I also feel our rivals will slip up more than us.

Me. I still think we can kick on from here. I still feel we will be more consistent over the course of the season than all of our rivals.

I admit I am less confident of the points margin ( I had predicted as high as 20 points), but I still feel we will win this comfortably.

My worry is the performances don't improve enough to keep the paying fans entertained, and the crowds continuing to dwindle.

(tu) this.

Too many are panicking after 2 games against premier league teams. The team will improve a lot this season. Mark my words! Or not.

I honestly thought we would win the league by at least 15 points, I'm still confident we will win it but not by as big a margin. For Ally to say he is not under pressure from the fans is laughable though, surely the guy must realise that the support is far from happy, and if the results don't massively improve quickly he will in for some hostile treatment I think.

(tu) this.

Too many are panicking after 2 games against premier league teams. The team will improve a lot this season. Mark my words! Or not.

premier league teams?

a lot of the hearts squad were beaten by our u20's in the youth cup final, and hibs binned about 17 guys in the summer, hearts and hibs are miles away from SPL teams, unfortunately we are even further than that due to the clueless one in the dugout

Got a bet on with a Hearts fan in work that we will win it by double figures. I've already accepted unless we get a new manager it won't happen. However with a new manager we will win this league easily.

this (tu)

the squad is miles away the best in the league, its just that we have a manager that couldnt run a bath nevermind a football team

Personally I would never ever have used the word 'easy' to describe the potential to win the Championship at first time of asking. The evidence of the last 2 seasons is games won and leagues won but laced with sustatined periods where the team's perfomance was well below their individual and collective capability - wretched even and certainly not entertaining to watch. The step up is a more material this season and 'easy' is not a term I'd associate with the ability to win this league.

This season so far we've had various players make promising statements - Lee Wallace saying they'd take inspiration from the naming of the Sandy Jardine stand : they didn't; Foster - we'll need to raise our game to come out on top: they didn't; Law - Rangers are ready for competitive action: they weren't; Moshni - I'll stay calm under pressure: we'll see...... Today there has been a blizzard of posts on the Rangers website all talking up the team's capabilities and prospects and seeking to reinstil confidence.

Rather than words which with the benefit of hindight were empty as a beer bottle from the last celebration party I sincerely hope they are translated into action which produces wins, the Championship and much better performances. There is enough of a groundswell of criticism now built up to add quite a bit of pressure to the Manager and the team. We'll see soon enough if they can handle it and deliver.

I agree I think we'll still win due to consistency but it's going to be brutal.

In the end I think that's what's going to get McCoist binned if its this season that he goes. Fans (and their money) being turned away in their droves.

If he some how lasts it til the Premiership then it will be results. People won't accept just challenging for the top 6 with out budget.

I think we could win the league with the players we've got if played properly. I'm not saying it's gonna be easy. It'll be really challenging and competitive. Ally just needs to sort himself out.

I hope this is just a shaky start and that we find our footing real soon. Once we do then we'll be in with a very good chance of winning the league. I don't think we'll win it by a huge load of points but we can definitely do it.

If we're not in a good position by november/december then I think Ally should seriously be removed. We shouldn't be waiting until the end of the season before acting. We really can't afford to spend another season down here.