Clyde game CR and BR closed

Bydo

Ticket sales must be pretty low :( makes sense to close a section or two and get the fans all in the same place.

Not a great situation to be in, but this is becoming endemic with the bigger stadiums in Scotland, struggling to fill stadiums. This probably wont be the last time this season a section gets closed.

From a financial viewpoint this makes perfect sense.

What's the point in having stands open with all the associated costs ?

I agree with the reasoning behind closing the stands- but the fact we can't get the folk in the door makes me sad. I've never seen so much of Ibrox taped off.

To be fair regardless of circumstance this was never gonna be a huge selling match and if you look at cup attendance's even in the SC over the past 10 Yeats crowds have been dwindling and let's face it the Petrofac cup is hardly the biggest draw.

If you even look at games in the English league Cup the other night crowds were pretty poor also

In saying all of that I think there will be a few thousand more had people been a bit happier with our current situation.

I agree with the reasoning behind closing the stands- but the fact we can't get the folk in the door makes me sad. I've never seen so much of Ibrox takes off.

To be honest Clyde at home, even with the return of BF was never going to attract a large attendance.

Combination of everything we've gone through and continue to, allied to the dire standard of football on display have sapped the energy out of more than a few of our support..

Monday evening with live television coverage makes it even harder to encourage people to attend.

Strange that people are questioning this because:

1. The game is on free TV
  2. It is on a Monday night (and the schools are back in)
  3. It is a diddy cup for teams outside of the 'top12' clubs in the land
  4. Rangers are crap and few, if any, of our fans enjoy watching us play
  5. McCoist is still the manager