Negativity and over reacting

Two things this forum is full of.

Going into this game, folk on here were very pessimistic to say the least. Read the official match thread if you don't believe me. People were saying things like this:

"I'd take a draw right now."

"I can't see us winning this game."

Etc, etc. Anyway, we win the game 2-0 and the same folk still moan. Anyone else find it mind boggling?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things this forum is full of.

Going into this game, folk on here were very pessimistic to say the least. Read the official match thread if you don't believe me. People were saying things like this:

"I'd take a draw right now."

"I can't see us winning this game."

Etc, etc. Anyway, we win the game 2-0 and the same folk still moan. Anyone else find it mind boggling?

No.

Go away and don't post again until you've learned how to watch football properly.

You've got it all wrong mate, we are supposed to watch us out played for 80mins and our goalie and poor finishing from the other team to keep us in it.

Us being "outplayed" for 80 minutes is a quote from the Falkirk manager.

First half was very even and scrappy. We were far from outplayed.

The first 20 minutes of the second half, we were well and truely outplayed and our goalkeeper did keep us in the game. After that we came back into it and the game was end to end for 10 minutes or so. Then we got our goal and dominated until the end of the game.

The performance wasn't great but to say we were "outplayed" for 80 minutes is untrue.

:lol: what?

The result exceeded people's expectations.

:lol:

Yes, quite right! Just on the wind up!

But I don't think we can rely on that type of performance all year.

We will likely come up against teams who can punish any slackness this season - didn't see the whole match but from what I did & was fed back to me later on, we got away with one tonight.

:lol:

Yes, quite right! Just on the wind up!

But I don't think we can rely on that type of performance all year.

We will likely come up against teams who can punish any slackness this season - didn't see the whole match but from what I did & was fed back to me later on, we got away with one tonight.

Agreed, the performance wasn't great and we'll definitely have to improve. After last weekend, tonight was about the result though. A result many people didn't think we would get. :)

Agreed, the performance wasn't great and we'll definitely have to improve. After last weekend, tonight was about the result though. A result many people didn't think we would get. :)

I always thought we'd scrape it tonight, but I get what you mean.

I'd take a 2 nil win every match from now if it ment getting outplayed for 80 mins...Winning the league is far more important than playing fancy football.

However if we are losing games as well as getting outplayed for 80 mins then serious questions must be asked.

Us being "outplayed" for 80 minutes is a quote from the Falkirk manager.

First half was very even and scrappy. We were far from outplayed.

The first 20 minutes of the second half, we were well and truely outplayed and our goalkeeper did keep us in the game. After that we came back into it and the game was end to end for 10 minutes or so. Then we got our goal and dominated until the end of the game.

The performance wasn't great but to say we were "outplayed" for 80 minutes is untrue.

So we watched that and got it wrong did we, ok then if that's what gets you through the day then carry on mate.

I'd take a 2 nil win every match from now if it ment getting outplayed for 80 mins...Winning the league is far more important than playing fancy football.

However if we are losing games as well as getting outplayed for 80 mins then serious questions must be asked.

Agreed re 2nd paragraph.

You can only live that way for so long before you get found out.

If it's in game 34, that will probably be fine.

If it's in game 15, as you say, serious question time!

After last weekend, tonight was most certainly about getting a result.

Not at all, fact is our resources dictate we'll win most of our games in this league.

After the first two competitive games we needed a performance in order to give some sort of reason for long term optimism, and we certainly didn't get one